“Ok facility”

Ranked #318 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Wichita
“Ok facility”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I agree with btonboz, it is a good location to the airport. However, if you are going for leisure, you may want to select another property. Downtown is really about 20 minutes away via Metro. The Metro is only a block away, so you can easily access downtown, however, you certainly can't step out the door to the attractions.

It was a pretty average facility. It was listed as a 4 star, however, some amenities weren't included in the rooms that I'd normally associate with a 4 star. WiFi is approximatley $7 a hour or you could get a day pass for a higher rate. We had to call for an iron and ironing board (which they were quick at bringing up).

The restaurant was very, very slow. We ordered the lunch special in hopes of quickly being served, however, that wasn't the case. They were very disorganized. The waitress came to our table to take our reservations before we even received a menu. Then they brought one menu for a table of six people and we had to share it. The food was adequate at best.

It's an ok place to stay if you need a place by the airport or just in and out for meetings. However, if your goal is vacation, then I'd recommend a different location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear kstvlagnt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am glad you liked the location of our hotel. My apologies that the services you received and your experience at the restaurant fell short of your expectations. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights the location was just 2 minutes walk to rigga metro station. The room was of good size and the bed was comfortable.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
The price was very reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Mtea2011
HIDUBDT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Mtea2011,

We are thankful to you for taking the time out to review our hotel and share your experience.

We at IHG appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again thank you very much to post your comments. We hope we will be able to welcome you again top Holiday inn Downtown on your next trip to Dubai.

Jatin Singh

Front Office Manager
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Having often stayed here before, and being so close to the airport its well positioned. The entrance and rooms are clean and well presented. However when returning to the rooftop pool, the tiles around the pool were filthy, there are only 5 sunbeds all broken, 4 sun umbrellas which only one worked. The plants around the pool are mostly dead, and the drainage around the pool was broken, and it had really gone downhill since my previous visit.
The main thing of concern though was, while having dinner in the Bistro restaurant, 2 rats or large mice were running across the food service area at one end of the restaurant. Reporting it to management with another gentleman, there was little concern from the manager, and all that was offered was a drink and free room service. Needless to say we checked out next day

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear btonboz,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am disappointed you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectation. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual situation that happened at our food service area. I have taken note of your valuable comments you've shared and rest assured, these points will be addressed accordingly in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights along with my wife. Found it good and easy to access all the major places. Closer to the Metro. Staff was excellent. Breakfast spread was good, but Indian varieties (taste) needs improvement. Clean place. Will come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MadhusudanPS
Dear MadhusudanPS,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay experience at the Holiday inn Downtown.

We are glad to know that the hotel staff was able to leave an impression. We have also noted your feedback regarding Breakfast and shall keep it in mind for future.

Your comments are indeed very important to us and are taken very seriously.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Thank you for choosing IHG.

Jatin SIngh

Front Office Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I enjoyed to stay in hotel was one of the most beautiful places that I have visited
I liked good performance of the hotel staff and especially porters and security men
As well as the cook at the restaurant

Room Tip: The upper floor the best
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank abdulla199
Rafiek A, Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding Holiday Inn Downtown team and . We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai a leader in excellence.
Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.

Rafik Abou El Fadl
rwoman11
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Booking:
I had a 12 hour layover in Dubai and opted to get a day room in order to relax before my 15h35m flight to ATL. I went to the IHG property desk after clearing customs and the desk agent called to ensure there were rooms and the desk agent set up the reservation.

From the airport, I took a taxi to the property. The cost was less than $20.00.

Check In:
Upon arrival, the staff was very welcoming. As reception processed my credit card, they brought my juice and offered any assistance. The agent realized my PC number was not in the booking and offered a free Executive Floor upgrade when she saw I was a Platinum member.

Room:
The room was very spacious with two double beds. There were two free bottles of water, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the room. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were very good as well.

The bathroom was large. There was a decent hair dryer, plenty of towels, a robe, and toiletries.

PC Platinum Benefits:
- upgrade to the Executive Floor, which included free wifi and bottled water.
- 20% off room service.

- Rooftop pool.
- There are four restaurants. I used room service and the food was very good. They were also very prompt and courteous.
- There are spa services available. It is located next to the pool.

There are a couple of markets nearby. I went there to get some additional bottled water and drinks. They do close around 1pm for 30 minutes for afternoon prayers; I'm not sure if it's because it was a Friday or if it's everyday.

I would definitely stay at this property again. The staff and perks made it worthwhile!

To return to the airport, I used the Dubai Metro, which is a very short walk from the hotel and about 1/10th of the cost of a taxi. It was only a few stops to return to the airport. I had not thought to ask when I went to the hotel about using public transportation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Saad E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
Saad Eldahhar
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was an unexpected stop on a business trip passing through UAE. The hotel allowed me a very early check in with no problems. My room was very clean and nicely appointed if a bit outdated. I had one meal in the restaurant during my stay. The meal was just as I had ordered it and was served promptly. I did not look for or use any of the other amentities other than the lounge which was very reasonable. For a business trip this was a very nice hotel which I would not hesitate to stay at again on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business