Crowne Plaza Dubai
$380
Waldorf Astoria
Great 4.5/5
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$299
Excellent 5/5
$449
$350
  • Beachfront
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$342
$2,586
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
1,670 results
All reviewsal danasheikh zayed roadharvester pubtrader vicsihg memberemirates towersmetro stationbusiness triptrade centerbit datedbusiness hotelthe ground flooran upgraderestaurants and barsclub roombuffet breakfastburj khalifa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Despite user comments on trip advisor as this hotel being average, I decided to book this crowne plaza for a recent trip to dubai.

It was a beautiful hotel....for the money it exceeded my expectations. I mean yes, I could have spent thousands of dollars a night at one of the local fantasy hotels, but why. This place had great customer service, parking for my rental car, swimming pool, workout areas, night club, coffee shop, shopping downstairs, McDonalds, Japanese and Italian restaurants, TGIFridays and the BEST thing an amazing breakfast buffet, simply amazing with a huge selection of delicious food, that I reserved and paid for beforehand along with my reservation for all the days I stayed there.

I have to say that I am surprised with the average ratings for this hotel. Sure the other hotels in the area are unbelievable, but c'mon you pay the price sometimes thousands of dollars a night, and why spend so much for the other places when I found that it was just as easy to tour them during the day. This hotel is luxurious enough, centrally located in Dubai in a good area, minutes from the Dubai Mail, easy access to Jumeirah Beaches, not far from accessing Deira the older area.

This was a great hotel, with great service, clean rooms, friendly staff, and did I say great breakfast buffet!

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brightidea
Reviewed April 19, 2010

This is my third trip staying with IHG; first in HI Sharjah, second in IH Festival City and this was the third one.

Check in was no problem at all, even though we have to wait a while before we can get our room ready. Having problem when went to breakfast even I have book the room one day ahead. Looks like they don't prepare the room for us until we reached the hotel.

Being a Malaysian, of course we look similar with the people for South East Asian countries and the staff at the Restaurant greeted me as they thought I'm one of them. When I'm replied in English, they started avoiding me throughout and this was really annoying. Requested for a iced water for 2 days and I've been told that by these people that they do have chilled water at the buffet line. Is it too much for me to ask for that? Anyway, didn't ask for 3rd day and surprisingly, they didn't offer me any drink at all! This was totally unacceptable for me. Only on my last day, this Indian staff attended to my request without any questions and really polite.

On room wise, ok for Crowne Plaza standard but on my last night (15th) and we were not informed about the water shutdown.

We chose this location because our event was in Dubai Convention Centre.

The plus point of this hotel was that they provide free airport shuttle and many complimentary shuttle to outlet mall, MOE.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank akublues
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Stayed for 5 nights with my with and it was a pleasent stay.Since it was my frst time in dubai
i didn't stay much in the room.The hotel is big with lot of restaurant and a popular club in the lobby as well as lot of stores but i didn't go to any of them.Room is really big with all the
necessery comforts and the staff was always helpful and polite, like everybody in dubai.
Located in the most central dubai road near Dubai mall, and there's a metro station 5 minutes from the hotel but it's not open yet, looks complete so it should operate soon, there's oerating 15 minutes away.
If you looking for a resort hotel it;s not for you,try something near the beach but it should cost you a lot more.
If you are in the city for buiseness or sight seeing it's a great hotel.
Also like to notice despite the central location the room was the quitest i've ever stayed
propably of it's good insulation.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vagvl
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I have just stayed at this hotel for a week with my husband for his 50th Birthday. There is no way this should be rated as a 5 Star hotel. The rooms are really old fashioned and shabby. nothing plush about them at all. We had a fridge in the room and the seal on the inside of the door was hanging off and the back of it was a total block of ice. The view from the window was just the carpark. It is really clean and we had clean beds everyday, but if you are going for a treat which ours was, as it was our first week away without our children as well, I would not recommend it. I just assumed 5 Star would mean 5 Star! You can not fault the hotel staff at all though. We arrived at 2am and the Manager was there to greet us and we had booked a taxi through the hotel to collect us and even though it took us nearly 2 hours to get through passport control (so busy), the taxi was still waiting. We booked bed and breakfast, but only had breakfast 3 times, as some mornings there was curry and chinese, I eat anything, but this really put me off. Also we used the restaurant one night in the hotel, when we went in it was 10.30pm and we asked before we sat down what time they were there open till and they said 11.30pm, which we thought was fine as it was a buffet. It was seafood night, so we choose some fish to get grilled. The fish finally came at 11.15pm and when he put it down, the waiter said, I am now clearing away the buffet, if you want sweet get it now! We said, but we have waited all this time for the fish and his reply was, well if you had come earlier there would have been more choice!! We said you should never have seated us then, as we did ask. Anyway we left and went and got a MacDonalds next door. I complained and the restaurant manager (Brian) rang our room the next day to apologies, but when I got our bill before we checked out, they had charged us for the meal. They did remove it once, I went through the whole story again. I had informed them by email before we arrived it was my husbands birthday and they did give him a complementary cake and bottle of wine on the day. I could have complained about the room, but we weren't in there much, but I was really disappointed, as I had booked this holiday as a surprize for my husband and kept it a secret for 6 months. The Movenpick is just up the road and this is rated as 4 Star and it is beautiful, we went in and had a look and eveywhere is really modern and plush. This hotel is ideally situated for getting around Dubai, as the taxis are so cheap. 15 mins to Atlantis or Jumeriah Beach and approx 20 mins to the Meydan Racecourse, as we went to the Dubai World Cup. If you want somewhere nice to eat, go to the Marina, were there is Frankie Dettori and Marc Pierre White restaurant, which is lovely, but you do need to book this before you get there. Or the Butchers Grill, which is opposite the Jumeriah Hilton and this is fantastic. Lots of places don't serve alcohol, but all the hotels have pubs in them which have happy hours. In the Crowne Plaza there is a Harvester Pub which has a happy hour from 5pm till 7pm. A pint and a gin and tonic was about £9 during happy hour. When you land at the airport, you can go in Duty Free and buy drink, it works out the same price as home. If you want a drink make sure you get it here, as the supermarkets don't even sell it! To be honest it was so hot, we drank hardly any alcohol and we like a drink. We also had high tea at the Al Burj (7 Star hotel), which is well worth doing, but I would book dinner if you can, we left it too late, so just had to settle for the high tea. Also Trader Vics restaurants are a lovely place to eat, there are loads in Dubai, but the one in the Madinat Jumeriah is great, the Madinat is a lovely place, all shops and stalls inside, as well as lots of restaurants to choice from. I would recommend the open top bus tour, we did this and it takes you all around Dubai and you see places you would never see if you didn't do it. We also went to Atlantis Hotel for the day, but not much here though, but it was nice to have a look about, not many water rides neither. The Dubai Mall is unreal, its a must, but everything is really expensive, loads cheaper at home. Also they are so hot on your baggage allowance going home, each extra kilo is 30 euros (KLM) and they won't let you over at all. Loads of people were over, we just bought another case in the airport and took it on as hand luggage and they were fine with that, so be very careful. If you want a hotel to stay in for business this is ideal, but I wouldn't recommend it for a family or romantic holiday.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jayne B
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Great for the Business trip with close proximity to the office..have stayed here for many trips .Very convenient location along Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai! One of the oldest hotel in the city but remains one of the best!Zinc is my favorite bar in Dubai. The service is incomparable and the food is Great with variety of cusines. Crowne Plaza is truly "The King" in my life!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business