“Worth a visit - good to take visiting family etc.”
Review of The Farm

The Farm
Ranked #560 of 9,984 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Wonderful location but on the day we visited there was maintenance work outside with about 10 workers banging and crashing. This spoilt the atmosphere however in fairness to the staff when my wife complained they stopped the noisy work. Food was good but not really noteworthy for the price as it was a bit on the expensive side even for Dubai. Drinks were up there too 28 AED for a double espresso! Maybe after 8 years in Dubai I'm lost in time but really that's nearly a fiver (UK) for two shots. Even Costa whose only business is coffee charges 13 Dirhams.

Location is really amazing and probably the main reason to visit. Certainly not up to Jones standard for quality of food or service but location so much better than sitting on SZR. Prices are similar, maybe even a little more expensive at The Farm.

Would be lovely to take guests for a morning coffee or breakfast.

Staff friendly enough but no real effort to engage or assist with the menu.

1  Thank Dxbreviewer1

Reviewed November 15, 2012

In a truly non-Dubai-like lush setting lies this well designed restaurant. This already makes a visit worthwhile. However... they seem to play the old "add-on order system". In other words, ordering eggs for breakfast gives you nothing but eggs; no bread, no green, no nothing. This makes the menu rather expensive when adding a croissant for 17aed or 3 slices of bread aed20 to your 2 poached eggs (and seriously, nothing comes with it) which come at AED20.
The service is ok, as is the spacious garden where kids can play. All in all: a definite worthwhile and awesome setting, but the pricing strategy could be friendlier.

1  Thank MRE007
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Visited The Farm for the first time in October with a group of 8 persons.
A beautiful location, pretty good service and a very enjoyable and fairly extensive menu.
Although the weather was still quite warm, I am certain it would be an excellent choice for eating outside in the cooler season (November - April).
I would definitely visit again.
Reservations are essential.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went there many time last winter,love the place so much special outside sitting,you can see a beautiful green lush tree it's just so relaxing,try to come morning time in the week day as a weekend is so busy and you might not find outside sit,good quality of food although the portion is a bit small special for the entree.

TheFarmDubai, Public Relations Manager at The Farm, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words.

When our efforts to go beyond your expectations prove successful, we both experience a great deal of satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Farm, to escape, unwind and savour.

Warm regards,
The Farm

Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you're looking for something relaxing, a little different, and truly quite stunning then this is the place to go. We went for lunch. I imagine it's just as lovely, if not nicer (cooler) for breakfast and probably equally nice for dinner. Although with such beautiful surroundings, personally, I'd rather be there in daylight when I can see it all. Then again, maybe they have the place artfully lit up at night; I'm not sure.
Sadly, the food and service left a fair bit to be desired.
The food wasn't necessarily "bad" but not particularly good either. The eggplant starter was nice enough; not very nicely presented but never mind. The mains took for-EVER and when they arrived, the chicken was very oily and not very flavourful, and the Pad Thai was just ok, until I crunched into something that turned my stomach in a huge way (I have a vivid imagination) until I managed to pull it out of my mouth to discover a surprisingly large piece of eggshell. Granted, not a particularly distressing item to find in your food but still... the whole thing put me off.
We pointed it out to the waiter who very politely asked if he might take this to show it to the chef and that was it. We heard nothing more about it. When the bill came, we were surprised to see the Pad Thai listed! My husband complained about the lack of any apology and the Pad Thai was removed but still no one said anything about it. Finally, someone appeared and began to explain to my husband that the Pad Thai is made with dried shrimp. I pointed out that it wasn't the shrimp that I had a problem with but the large eggshell! The gentleman, took a half a second to glance at me and then turned his attention back to my husband to discuss this confusion about the dried shrimp versus eggshell. I continued to throw in my 2 cents - considering that it was I who had eaten the Pad Thai - wherever I could but the gentleman (not sure if he is the manager or not) was very determined about discussing the matter with my husband and not me.
We decided to skip desert and went for a bit of a sit down in little hammock chairs instead. Definitely a wise decision... The moment I sat down, I announced that I was never getting up again!!! Sooooo comfortable!

TheFarmDubai, Public Relations Manager at The Farm, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. All feedback is welcome at The Farm and we are very sorry that your experience was not up to your expectations.

A member of our team will contact you directly shortly.