“Cute decor, average food”
Review of Leila Restaurant

Leila Restaurant
Ranked #1,705 of 9,933 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2013

In the mall as a group of four; the mint lemon drink is very fresh but terribly sweet, and separates quickly. The aubergine dish I ordered was nice but bland, the chicken dish my friend had was basic but filling, the soujouk was not the best I tried during my trip.
The story on the menu is a nice detail, the caged birds were a bit upsetting to my friend, the wait staff were friendly but not especially attentive. Overall just pretty average, nothing really wrong, but not a standout must try place.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The best part of the food is the zaatar bread basket, its sooo good. it is not fully covered from the mall corridors so try to find a table behind a wall.
Be careful, the waiters take your plate before asking you, so don't try to leave the last bite on the plate for too long.

I gave it an average because an Arabic restaurant in an Arab country should have a home cooked food taste which this place didn't.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I love this place in their initial branch in Beirut. The food here was very good but neither that or the vibe was the same as the one in Beirut. Maybe it's just the location, but part of what makes Leila great in Beirut is the whole vibe of the place and I didn't get that here. The service was also very good and so were the drinks. Isn't a top Dubai choice for me except when I'm homesick to the original Leila.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We went with friends expecting to have the same food and service we experienced in their outlet in beirut . The service was absolutely terrible . We ordered our drinks and had to remind the waiter three times to get it . You get the impression that no one was assigned to our table and therefore service was not at all attentive as expected from a Lebanese restaurant .
We expected food to compensate for the service ,unfortunately it was worse. Tabbouleh , homosexual , fateh and the mixed grill had nothing to do with the Lebanese food . Very disappointing indeed .

Reviewed January 21, 2013

If you are looking for a lebanese restaurtant in Dubai, Leila is a great place to go to!
I have been to some other pricier lebanese restaurants in the area but I don't need those anymore since I found Leila! The food tastes great, the service is great, and the value for money is great, too. My husband and I aren't big eaters, so we usually order the big mixed grills and the stuffed eggplants (sometimes we add an appetizer like the grilled cheese sticks) and have tea and a small bottle of water, for which we usually pay around 150 - 200 AED.
The atmosphere is really nice, with arabic music and sometimes their 2 cute love birds might start chirping :)
What I love the most about this restaurant is their Zaatar buns! I could eat those everyday. But unfortunately they only serve 2 buns each time i go there, whereas other hot bread keeps coming! (might depend on what your order contains)