“Average in every way.” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Huddle Sports Bar and Grill
Ranked #672 of 9,407 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since its opening in 2010, The Huddle Sports Bar & Grill has steadily earned a reputation for being one of the best bars in town for ambiance and affordability. A popular haunt for sports enthusiasts, this is the place to watch all kinds of live sports and cheer on your favourite team in a casual and lively setting. The bar features a number of giant state-of-the-art televisions with 32" to 165" screens for maximum viewing pleasure. The interior design of the bar is contemporary and simple with low light levels, dark stained timber paneling and flooring, deep red walls and black upholstered seating. This not only creates a sense of intimacy but also ensures the screens play a pivotal role as being the key focal point of the bar. The Huddle Sports Bar and Grill can be found in two locations across the city on the ground floor of Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai and Citymax Hotels Al Barsha.
Sultan, Washington
“Average in every way.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Just what you'd expect. So so everything at Dubai high prices. People must like it because it's full almost every night and I stayed 5 nights at the hotel Citymax.

Visited March 2014

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Lots of smoking customers...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were staying at the CitiMax hotel and decided to start our night off here for a drink and a quick bite to eat.

Decent surroundings. Lot's of television displays showing everything from hockey to cricket.

We had some chicken wings and calamari. Both were good.

Drinks were competitively priced.

It was Moscow night, therefore the place was full of Russians singing their homeland karaoke!

Service was good.

• Visited November 2013
worthing
“Good venue for watching sports”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went there a fewtimes on my last trip to Dubai mainly because it was near my hotel. It is a good venue for drinking and watching football on the big screen. Also, although there seemed to be women in the bar it is definitely not a hooker bar so it is easy for a single bloke to relax and have a beer. More like a real pub. I did not try the food. And the first time I ordered a Guinness I got a Heineken but these are small things and generally I liked it and would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
Kabul, Afghanistan
“Awfull, dismall, failure.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I dont get fresh Steak in Afghanistan so after 7 months I was ready for some serious steak.
I checked out the place days before and it looked upscale and the overall presentation and wine display were good.
Saturday night...went in and the first waiter didn't know what a pint of Becks was-althought it was the nightly special. Water was dripping form the cieling and I was the only customer in the steak house portion of the place (red flag!)
I ordered a medium Aussie tenderloin and a baked potatoe and a fine merlot. Forty minutes later a severly overcooked grey Tenderloan (I think?) came to me-it got returned...one of the few times in my life I would do such a thing.
On my third glass of wine and one hour and ten mintues total elapsed time in the grill-the staff proudly brought me another tenderloin. I could tell when they set it donw it was barely cooked. I cut in with the head waiter in attendance and he just looked away...poor dude was Indian and probably a vegetarian and the mean was still uncooked, rare and cold...
I couldn't believe anyone could screw up a steak that much. Any hamburger cook could have done better. I just left after paying $27 for the wine and went to a Mac Donalds and for $3.50 had a Big Mac and a sundae--and totally loved it.
So what can we say? How about...it really is necessary to know something about cooking meat if you plan on running a "Steak House"....Clowns!
Avoid this place at all costs...its really that clueless.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Worst Dinner Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

We came to know about this restaurant because of fitness first, gift vouchers were given to us. Dont expect to be welcomed or offer you a table, they were all busy for I dont know why! Appetizer - Buffalo Wings is indeed the most hardest chicken Ive ever had. Not well done is something expectable but hard chicken meet, what the... Main Course was served, beef is indeed hard to chew but manageable since we have teeth. Dessert, cant imagine an apple pie that is instant or ready made that you can find in the grocery store. Cmon!

All of those we can pass but with this bottle of wine incident tops it all. We asked if we can cover the bottle of wine in the gift voucher,waitress checked and said yes. So instead taking glasses of wine, we took the bottle. But after we took the first zip she said no its not allowed and blah blah blah.. We let it pass after few arguments since they admitted their fault including the supervisor.
Since we are not happy with the food, we decided to continue drinking in our apartment taking he remaining 1/3 of the bottle of wine. So we told the waitress and she said just keep it discreet and hid the bottle since we know the rules in dubai. This stupid waitress said again we cant keep it. Manager came and explained and we told him about the start of this wine. Again since its no use talking to all of them, we gave the wine back. This unmannered manager said abruptly that its just a glass or two. WTF! I dont understand wheres the hospitality of this restaurant.. Its not about the price of the bottle, its the information relayed by their staff. How inconsistent they were.

Highly unrecommended!!!!