“Consistently excellent!”

UAE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently excellent!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our favourite steakhouse in Dubai. The setting is great - especially in winter when you can sit outside. The band/ singer add to the relaxed atmosphere and chilled environment.

Food is consistently good - with steaks always cooked to the perfect temperature, side dishes delicious and sauces to die for (truffle sauce and zinfandel glaze are especially good)

The Kaluha mud pie pudding is delicious and a firm favourite of ours.

It isn't extortionately priced, but not cheap either but well worth the money for service and food that you can rely on to be great.

• Visited October 2013
Michael N, General Manager at West 14th Steakhouse - New York Grill and Bar, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent dining experience at West 14th.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your meal to such extent, especially our entertainment, steaks and sauces. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the team.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Essex, United Kingdom
“Fabulous steaks!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We dined here with friends whilst on a recent visit to Dubai and glad we did, the steaks were amazing. I had the ladies cut which was tender and just right with sauce on side, portion size was great just right! Got offered choice of steak knife which Ive never seen before! The whole meal was lovely, there was a singer on as well which added to the ambience, drinks were great, overall a great meal and would definately recommend.

• Visited October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your recent dining experience at West 14th.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed our food and entertainment to such extent, I will make sure to personally share your fantastic comments with the team.
Adelaide, Australia
“Just yummy!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We came here on a Sunday night for dinner as a family and I ordered the 'ladies steak' it was just the right size but best of all you could have cut it with a butter knife! it was so tender! Meal was lovely and everyone enjoyed it and best of all as Emirates Staff you receive a discount when dining on Sunday nights! We will be back!

Dear Guest,
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed our meat cuts to such extent, I will make sure to personally share your fantastic comments with the Chef.
Dublin, Ireland
“Expensive for what is on offer.”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is more of a bar / Restaurant rather than a restaurant. We were there on a Tuesday night which I believe was ladies night. Well the ladies were all glam and flouting it!
The noise levels were more like that of a busy bar. Service was average, while the food was good, not very good. Be warned when you order your steak, that is all you get. EVERYTHING else is extra and expensive at that, just, because they serve liquor. Stay clear of the samon as my wife got a tail !!!

• Visited September 2013
Michael N, General Manager at West 14th Steakhouse - New York Grill and Bar, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Joseph,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent dining experience at West 14th Restaurant.
I was concerned to read your comments regarding the food and service you received and would like to ask you to please send us an email to social.ibnbattuta@moevenpick.com as we would like to contact you directly in order to better understand the shortcomings you encountered.
I look forward to receiving your email and hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
Perth, Australia
“Best steak ever and first class service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Im not a great steak lover but I was invited along whilst on holiday and what a surprise I had maybe its because I had never had the pleasure of a being served at a place like this before, the most fantastic tender ,flavour some juicy steak I have ever had, no need for a steak knife here I could have cut it with a spoon , the staff were excellent they new the menu well and delivered each meal to the person who ordered it without having to ask.

• Visited September 2013
Michael N, General Manager at West 14th Steakhouse - New York Grill and Bar, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Gillian,
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed it to such extent, especially our steak cuts as well as the service provided by our team.