“West14 Rocks”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently had a visit to West14th with my friend.The restaurant has got perfect sea shore ambiance.Food was awesome, as usual especially the Tenderloin and the Cheese cake in dessert. Only off point was that the service was not up to my satisfaction but still better than my earlier visits.

1  Thank Kathy P
Chris E, Manager at West 14th Steakhouse - New York Grill and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write such a kind review about West 14th. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our food and dining with us. Please note that your comments regarding our service have been noted and that our management is extensively looking into addressing this issue to avoid any future inconveniences with our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again to West 14th.

There are newer reviews for West 14th Steakhouse - New York Grill and Bar

Reviewed November 13, 2012

West14 serves the best beef fillet mignon of Dubai, but the place is understaffed and is quite expensive. View on Marina is amazing.

1  Thank Bob d

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your review on West 14th with the Trip Advisor community. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Beef Fillet Mignon. Your comments regarding our service are noted and our management is taking action to ensure that our service is up to the highest standards.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to West 14th.

Assistant Executive Manager

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Ever since they opened in 2010,I am my family enjoyed every moment of a friendly atmosphere and guests oriented staff like Anthony(whom I don't know where he is).The restaurant still provides good food,but its questionable the competency of their new chef(who appeared Indian for me).If he can't handle an empty restaurant like the day I recently visited,should west 14 be an ideal place to enjoy weekends and holidays.I strongly doubt the vast new staff who have almost zero product knowledge.i really wanted to try something new like a wagyu tenderloin but my waiter was clueless as to what makes it different from from the USDA black angus.Lastly but not least,the new manager.I didn't get his name quite right but if not mistaken he is Kevin.Too arrogant and unnecessarily aggressive.Truly speaking my steak was overcooked.I believe my waiter didn't get it right when I said medium rare otherwise it wouldn't have come well done.I understand his English is slightly poor but its their responsibility to repeat orders all the time,yet the manager believes in such situations,"if you think we are not good enough,my staff and I will pay".what unnecessary arrogance

1  Thank GAB1988

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review West 14th and for your valuable feedback. Please be assured that your comments regarding our staff are acknowledged and that we are taking necessary actions to ensure that both our staff’s product knowledge and service are up to the highest standards in order to enhance our guests’ experience. We would appreciate it if you could e-mail your contact details to west14th.oceana@moevenpick.com as I would like to personally address your qualms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to West 14th.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had a gorgeous meal at West 14th- best Tuna steak I have ever had and lovely mash potato. It is slightly pricey but, in my opinion, well worth a visit if in Dubai.

1  Thank vono27

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback on West 14th. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your Tuna steak and mash potato. Also, thank you for recommending it to the Trip Advisor community.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I went to West 14th for my second time and it was fairly on par with the first time. The restaurant seems to be a bit more busy than when it first opened which creates a more lively ambience (something I enjoy). I feel as though for what it is, the prices are a little steep- but at the same time, the steaks are fantastic. As an American in Dubai, the decor doesn't have a NYC steakhouse feel, but the service (choosing your knife, a cart of sauces and mustards) is very New York style. I wouldn't put it in the same category as Ruth's Chris, Exchange Grill but more along the lines of Rivington Grill (and it's better than Rivington).

1  Thank James F

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to evaluate West 14th. I appreciate your comment regarding the lively ambiance and I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your steak. As we pride ourselves in our mustard cart and knife selection, I am happy to hear that you appreciated them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to West 14th.