“very good apartment”

City Premiere Hotel Apartments
Ranked #252 of 555 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 19, 2013

i stayed in this very smart hotel booked by my friend in dubai as the location is beautiful and sight from the room stunning. the reception is very friendly and lady in lobby from pakistan very charming. the housekeeping staff is very very efficient and polite, only irritation was a manager i actually started to hide from as he wud keep on pestering you to try the buffets which is the only substandard product in the hotel and once when i tried half the time the food dishes will remain empty and the staff will conference around a desk inside the restaurant... with supervisors very insensitive to guests request... i will advice you skip this buffet restaurant as the food and service is to improve a lot.

Room Tip: choose the room facing SZ road
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank shujakandampoli
There are newer reviews for City Premiere Hotel Apartments

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here in a three bedroom apartment for a few days. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and spacious.
The restaurant had a great variety of dishes on offer. The gym and pool were clean and the staff were very nice and helpful. The location is very good too, a few minutes walk to the metro station and a short cab ride to the Dubai Mall (which can also be reached by metro) cost 20DHS.
We had a view of the Dubai Fountain which was great for the kids. We had a problem with the air conditioning on one evening but the staff sorted it out immediately.
Overall, we were very happy with our stay here and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fountain view, the kids loved this
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jdcgl
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel March 2013, The overall impression is ok. it°s my number ***** visit to Dubai, so I have chosen the hotel becoz I like this area.
The hotel is ok, I guess 4 stars kind, the location is great, if you aim to be in the middle of everywhere, but I didnt get any of heart-breaking Burg Khalifa views!(((
btw keep in mind, that if you book it as special package or on promotion, you ll get the room on lower floor, and if it faces Sheih Zaed Road, then I don't envy you)
the room, actually there were 2 big rooms were nice, all clean, nothing too fancy, but no one promised it
the staff is really helpful and mainly Arabic, which is becoming unique for Dubai)
< the food lacked variety, and one comes late to breakfast, thenn there is not much to eat( so you can skip a couple of kilos)
the only thing I really didnt like, that there was only one bus to the beach and it departs at 10:30- which is basically the time when sensible people should leave the beach, so one should rely on taxis/

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank natalia-bel
Reviewed June 13, 2013

i stayed in this hotel last september and business brought me to dubai once again and after i reached home in nigeria after my business trip i told myself that one hotel which treated me in the same fashion like last year and this year evn after 10 months was city premier , i loved the staff there in the lobby and restaurant and they have been there since my last visit ,this hospitable and charming staff from pakistan in evening and ever cordial srilankan waitresses in their restaurant really made us not feel the discrimination we some time faced while travelling abroad.rooms were clean and room service efficient its the staff from restaurant who serve you so they kind of extend their hospitality to the room too. i will be back agai soon

Room Tip: Enjoy the dubai hospitality in cafe premier and the sea food restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank wills l
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Its a good hotel with a decent location. Prices are a bit too high for the service and rooms. Staff are helpful but not flexible. We checked in early but were asked to pay for half of the room rate even when the room was available.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alisha_q8
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I don't usually review hotels. I travel a lot with my work and majority hotels and services are fine by my fairly low standards but this hotel/apartment has to be the worst I have ever experienced.

I tried to settle the matter directly with the hotel but I found their response and attempt at a resolution really poor to the point where I felt strongly enough to share my experience on the social media sites as to stop anyone else from having an equally poor experience.

I stayed at the hotel for 8nights for a total cost of £1095, this was a Business trip mixed in with a personal trip as my girlfriend joined me out there.

When I arrived into the hotel my initial issues were:

1) Poor Quality Iron - You could barely iron any clothes with the iron provided which made it almost impossible to iron clothes neatly for any meetings. When asked for a replacement or a cleaning/ironing service I was told that there was no alternative options.

2) Poor Toilet Tissue - Really bad toilet tissue, very uncomfortable to use. It was more like Tracing/Rice paper than tissue. I spoke to the Duty Manager and he admitted a problem with the supply and it would be changed. It took 3days and 3days worth of phone calls to duty manager's and reception to get it changed.

3) Broken Toilet - Toilet in the spare room would not stop when the cistern was filling up with clean water, so it would leave the floor wet. Had to call twice to get it fixed.

4) Blood Stains on Carpet - The carpet was really old and outdated. It looked like it had never been changed and on the 2nd day I noticed it had stains on it, which I can only assume was blood. Again had to call up twice on separate days to get it changed before it was done. This erally annoyed me as it was grossly unhygienic, whatever the stains were.

5) Unannounced Entry to Room by another Guest/Tourist - This was the last straw and the most concerning I think. Me and my girlfriend were relaxing in the room in the middle of the day, when someone entered the room with a keycard. Initially we thought it was cleaning staff but when we realised they were not in uniform, I went downstairs to find out that someone at the front desk had given another guest a keycard access to our room to see if they could change to another room! This was a gross invasion of our privacy and could have been a lot worse if either of us were indecently dressed. The guest that was given the keycard was clearly embarrassed and more apologetic than the staff and I was extremely annoyed because it is also a breach of the security and we could have been endangered.

The last issue happened on the 3rd to last day and I spoke directly with the General Manager Chris to sort the issue out. He told me to write it up and send it through to management. I told him I would not be able to full address the situation until I arrived back in the UK but in the meantime I would take photo's to document my issues.

He acknowledged fault and tried to ease the situation by providing cookies and fruits in the room which neither me nor my girlfriend ate. Plus on the last day they offered to take us to the airport by taxi which I made explicitly clear was a nice gesture, but was not compensation for the poor stay at the hotel.

Only when I returned to UK and wrote to the hotel did they claim that they have provided me with sufficient compensation from the fruits, cookies, and the taxi ride. All of which could not have amounted to more than £40 in total.

Of course I was not happy with that and I told them I wanted at least 3days compensation of my stay which was due to the amount of disruption which I also relayed to hotels.com (the broker) that would have equated to £411.

The final attempt a compensation offered was a return stay at City Premiere for 1-bedroom for 1 night to use within a year. And hotels.com offered £100 off a next booking with them.

As you can probably understand neither of the attempts to compensate for the issues and costs incurred have been sufficient and I am aggrieved to the point where I feel the hotel needs to be exposed publicly.

I have uploaded all the pictures that I took during the stay as evidence and I hope that either they improve the facilities to the point where they do not receive anymore bad reviews or help people that are unsure about booking with them to stay well clear because it is literally the WORST hotel experience I have ever had.

Room Tip: Ideally you want to stay in a suite on one of the higher floors that faces Burj Khalifa and NOT Shei...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank CPryce_14
Reviewed June 2, 2013

At the first sight everything looks nice and ok. However the people look like they are sad working there. The breakfast had poor (low cost) ingredients. The items in the rooms don't get filled up and tyded up after use (the iron and the hair dryer). If you look through the cupboard you may see cheap furniture, damaged. In one of thise four nights being there the fire-alarm was ringing the whole night. In the next morning nobody found it right to appologize in any way. The manager was very surprised as I asked for reinbursement and did react as I wouldn't even been there.
The hotel has a problem with the electric infrastructure. It would be no wonder if there would be rats (after the strange noises sometimes happened). If you have the chance to chose stay away from this hotel

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business