“Great Hotel”

Ranked #109 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Kent
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights here on a half-board basis. The hotel was very comfortable and very well air conditioned - a huge relief as it was over 40 degrees C each day! The room was large, clean and well serviced with a comfortable bed. It was very quiet at night, even with the air conditioning running. The food at the breakfast buffet and the evening buffet was excellent, with plenty of choice. The staff were incredible - nothing was too much trouble and all done with a smile!

In short a lovely hotel for a few days. That is if you have to visit Dubai! Having been there I can't see why one would chose to go there voluntarily. I had gone there en-route to another destination, flying with Emirates. Dubai seems a pretty grim place, at least in my view. Just a mass of gleaming high rises and shopping malls. The buildings are certainly attractive but unless you are an architect, this wears thin after a while. It was insufferably hot and would have been impossible without air conditioning 24 hours a day. The huge use of energy seems unbelievable when we are encouraged to turn off lights in unused rooms to save the planet and are being asked to consider how we might each reduce our carbon footprint! In Dubai you can go skiing in a shopping mall where the inside temp is kept artificially at 3C below zero! They must be dumping huge amounts of carbon into the atmosphere.

I was struck by another odd thing about Dubai in that you seem never to meet a local. Everybody seemed to be an expat. I have since seen many news items on you-tube about the ghastly conditions that some workers seem to experience and it made me feel very sad. And also made me think about the kindness of the staff I met. I hope they are treated better than the ones I saw on you-tube.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike070
Alexander M, Hotel Manager at Hilton Dubai The Walk, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Mike070,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post a detailed review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Dubai The Walk.

It gives a great pleasure to note your kind words and commendation towards my Team Members and I am grateful that you found most of our service and facilities to your satisfaction, as this is what we always aim to achieve at all time.

Once again, thank you for your valuable and motivating comments and hopefully you will have more time to enjoy all of our facilities.

We hope to have the pleasure and welcome you back with us in the not so distant future. Please feel free to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

info.dubaithewalk@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We found the whole experience extremely positive. The staff are welcoming and friendly. We wot the room immediately and it was spacious and very clean. The food is good quality and it is very diverse. I will recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Alexander M, Hotel Manager at Hilton Dubai The Walk, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear 482jesuss,

Thank you for taking the time in posting a review and feedback of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai The Walk. We are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with our overall services and facilities, as this what we always strive to achieve at all times.

On behalf of my team THANK YOU for your kind words and commendation. It would be our honour to welcome you back to the Hilton Dubai The Walk in the near future.

Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Had an amazing holiday in the Hilton JBR. We stayed in the Hilton residences just behind the main hotel. The apartment was was spacious... it had a living area, a kitchen, utility with washer, two bedrooms and three bathrooms...it truly was an amazing apartment for a family with two teenage children. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Each day at the pool and beach we were treated to ice cold face cloths and ice lollies to help cool us down in the 40 degree temperatures. The hotel is situated in a great location beside the beach and along the JBR walk which is full of shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to visit Dubai.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Sharon Elaine M
Alexander M, Hotel Manager at Hilton Dubai The Walk, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Sharon Elaine M,

It is with great pleasure to learn that you had an amazing stay with us and that you found so many positive aspects of your stay including the overall facilities offered by the hotel and mostly the friendliness and helpfulness of my team members.

At Hilton Dubai The Walk, my team and I work diligently to offer the best service and a great stay for each and every guest and it is so nice to know when this succeeded. We thank you also for your kind words and commendation towards our team members and for taking the time to share your experience and recommendation to your fellow travellers.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again to our property in not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife and I loved the location, the beach, and Hilton JBR in Dubai (The Walk), it was our first time in the United Arab Emirates. The restaurants and bar on hotel property were pricey, but we didn't care because we were on vacation to have a good time and we did (during Ramadan). Taxi's, Buses, and Trains totally accessible and CHEAP! Also there were grocery stores just steps away were you can buy food and alchol for very little, just incase you vacation during Ramadan as we did. We would gladly stay at Hilton JBR in Dubai anytime and would recommend to everyone vacationing in the United Arab Emirates. And too the Hilton JBR staff , thank for our beautiful stay and have a bless day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear briancM1937NE,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai The Walk and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is a pleasure for us to know that you had a great time with us and that you found your overall stay experience to your satisfaction. We are happy that we are able to meet fully your expectations as this is what we always strive to achieve at all times.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in not so distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Good first impression at reception with friendly staff, though they could not find my Hilton membership in the system. It may have been because of this we were allocated one of the least desirable rooms, room 0114. I'd booked a King Studio with seaview, but as the room was lower down, so it didn't really have the "stunning sea view" that I was expecting. Although the room was clean, it could also have done with a "freshen up" to remove the stains on the carpet and scuff marks on the walls.

The room was spacious enough for the 3 of us, with an extra rollaway bed for our daughter, and still enough room for 2 chairs and a small table. The beds were quite firm, which my husband liked, though I didn't, but I guess this is just personal preference. The bathroom seemed a little dated, but maybe that's because my taste doesn't run to dark wood and marble.

I wasn't expecting to be asked for a AED700 security deposit, which put me off a bit, as did having to pay for wifi.

Apart from the above, we really liked the location across the road from the beach, and used both the pools at The Walk and the Hilton across the road, which was much bigger.

The breakfast buffet was SUPURB, one of the biggest spreads I've ever seen, and this was included in our room rate, so great value.

Every staff member we came into contact always had a friendly greeting, they were excellent.

If you want to catch the metro to the city area, it's about a 15 minute walk. Take sunscreen - the temp ranged from 41 to 44 when we were there, almost unbearable. After we walked to the metro the first time we couldn't face it the following day and caught a taxi to our dinner venue in the city.

Though we had a few niggles, I can't really complain too much, as the price and location were right. I would probably look to stay in the city next time though for a bit of variety.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ComoCat
Dear ComoCat,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai The Walk.

I am happy to note that you found most of our service and facilities to your satisfaction especially the friendly and welcoming attitude of our team members which definitely will be shared to all of them and the superb breakfast from our buffet as well as the value of price you have paid.

On the other hand, we apologise for the inconvenience brought to you by our hotel’s credit policy and the internet charge in the room. I wish to advise that we offer free of charge WiFi Internet in all of our public areas including the Restaurants and bars.

Despite the slight misgiving you have mentioned, we are grateful that you appreciated many aspects of your stay and we thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travellers around the globe so we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Dubai The Walk in the nearest future.

Hannover, Germany
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked this Hotel basically because of location and direct access to the beach.
Location in the middle of Jumeirah was really a plus.
Distance and access to beach is very convenient.
Staff were professional and friendly.
The hotel was clean and calm most of the times.
I booked a room on the sea side, and asked for high floor, Apart from not getting the room on higher than the 12th floor, which was the only thing that disturbed my stay, as view was blocked by the hilton resort building.
Also, the smell of the kitchens from the restaurants outside the hotel bridge going to the resort is really bad, but thats not a big issue but could be looked at and solved.
I definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ali I
Alexander M, Hotel Manager at Hilton Dubai The Walk, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Ali I,

I am delighted to learn that you found many of our service and facilities to your satisfaction especially our location’s close proximity to the beach and interesting places in Dubai. At Hilton, it is important for us to satisfy the individual requirements for each and every visitor. Unfortunately, we were unable to fully meet your expectations on this occasion and we sincerely apologise for that.

Furthermore, we truly appreciate your recommendation and I want to assure you that your comments have been taken into serious consideration and we hope that this will not hinder you from staying with us again as we already looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Dubai The Walk in the nearest future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

First impressions- conscientious staff. All should be commended for amazing service, a smile and a warm greeting.
Staff were enthusiastic to help. Breakfast caters for a multitude of tastes, with fresh ingredients.
The room was massive (!) and very very clean.
Being able to use the Hilton JBR resort is also a bonus- Bice, their award winning italian restaurant is well worth a visit, and like us, the half board status will contribute generously towards the price.
Location was excellent, with shops and restaurants well within walking distance of Jumeirah Beach Residences- around 50-60 AED to get to Bur Dubai, so very cheap taxi trips from the 'regular' taxis.
The Sky bar is absolutely stunning- 35th floor, overlooking The Palm and the sea. Take note of happy hour- reasonably priced cocktails with the most incredible setting. Ideal for pre-dinner drinks to watch the sun go down. Lifts do take a while to get to floors though, so factor in 5 mins to get to your reservation. No big deal, but just to be aware.
Safety is paramount- lifeguards are always visible, and make sure that guests are as comfortable as possible.
What can I say- would love to visit again, and so sad that we're home. Thank you to all (special thanks to the Hartisan restaurant staff) for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Depends how much you want to spend...the more you spend, the better the view!