“The hotel and room makes up 50% of your holiday and it was 100%...Just awesome.”

Hilton Dubai The Walk
Ranked #117 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The location, Apartment upgrade, higher floor, staff, choice to use facilites even at Hilton Hotel across, access to a beautiful private beach and the awesome day and especially night life made the entire experience the best trip of 2012. Arrived in Dubai on the 13th Dec 2012 early morning, was picked up by Hotel bus, on arrival at hotel (7am), receptionist welcome warm and helpful even though we were 6- 8 hours before checkin she offered us safe storage for bags and complimentary breakfast until she could arrange housekeeping to clean up a room. I must note that I requested a 2 bed appartment on a high floor as I researched that there was construction outside or near the buildings at that time...We were given what we asked for and more, A 4 bedroom apartment with lounge, dining and kitchen. I hope I can post pics later to tell show u how WoWed we were. The rest of the ammenities were superb except for a little wait for the lifts...4 lifts servicing 43 floors but if u adventurous, using the service lifts gets you down quicker in peak times. The Beach was amazing, has a beach and curio store in the main hotel that caters for what u left behind, felt like I was on an island except when I turned and back to shore, monstrous tall buildings everywhere that would block out the sun in the late afternoon. Cheapest to rent a car and then use the bus or train to get around than use a Taxi, u can find a rental agency on the ground floor and they will assist with a Gps and international driving license on demand (just read up about if u involved in a fender bender or ask agent). I could go on about Dubai but if u on a budget and want to see as much, locate at the concierge's desk, those little adverts about things to do, and u will find massive discounts offered up to 30% off. The Burj Dubai is a must and booking online and in advance is a must must must. I managed to get an all day VIP pass because of some glitch on their side. Enjoy the Night Life as the walk especially from outside the Hilton Residences is just great, Good Food places, beautiful people, beautiful cars and a great atmosphere. Dubai is my stopover oasis on all my travels from now onwards.

• Stayed: December 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,938)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ate here while staying at The Ritz Carlton - its only a short walk. Good food and good service; its a big restaurant and very buzzy. Clearly a place to be seen in! Expensive but not dangerously so. The whole "Walk" area is one of Dubai's most interesting experiences - a chance to watch the local folk cruise up and down showing off their Ferraris, Rollers and anything else considered outrageously expensive!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Well, where to begin. I have stayed at Hilton hotels all over the world and for the most part, almost all have been wonderful. Then I came to Dubai to stay at the residences or walk, whichever name they use. I made my reservation, then was contacted by the hotel to confirm, and if they could arrange anything. I thought that this was a good start. I told them that I would like a room on a higher floor to have an unobstructed view of the sea and of the Palm Island. I then requested a reservation at one of their restaurant, the Pachanga. I finally requested a late checkout since my flight did not leave until later that evening.
I arrived at the Hotel at about 12:30 in the afternoon. Check in time is at 12:00. My room was not ready, so they said they were going to upgrade me to an apartment. A little big for me, but a nice touch since my room was not ready. Then I went up to the room on the fourth floor, and found that it was not as I had requested. The room had an obstructed view of the hotel in front, and construction of a mall with cranes, with the sea in the background. When I asked about changing rooms, they said that the hotel was booked. Now remember from earlier, they changed my room because they said my room was not ready, now they said the hotel was booked. I stayed in that room, and just closed the curtains so that I would not have to see the construction.
Then I went down to the restaurant, to discover that no reservation had been made in my name. Thankfully, there were tables available for me to dine. The food was wonderful. The following morning I sent a complaint email to the hotel about my experience thus far. They offered me another room, but by that time I had already unpacked, and did not want to waste my vacation time by packing, moving and unpacking. Therefore, they took off the internet charges and credited me for some food. About 400 AED. Now I was paying over 1400 AED per night to stay there, and this is all they offered me, considering they messed up two of the three things I requested from them. Finally the request for a late checkout, which at first they said could not be guaranteed, they said yes, no problem. The day of I went to eat lunch and did some shopping. I came back after 2:00 PM and could not get into my room. I was locked out. I had to go back down to the lobby, which takes a long time because the elevators are always busy, talk with the desk, and waste 15-20 minutes to get into my room. I sent another email to the hotel management, and they did not even bother to respond. Therefore, I will not stay at this hotel again. For the Hilton brand, it is a great disappointment, and Hilton needs to look into the management of the hotel. I stay at many Hiltons year round, and spend a lot of money, and to be treated like this is insane.
On the other note, the restaurants were all very good, and the beach was nice and clean compared to other Dubai beaches.

Room Tip: Make sure you are above the 14th floor to avoid the site of construction and other building that wil...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sean O
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights mid February before joining a cruise , we have stayed 6 times before in Dubai at the Zabeel Saray , Mina al Salam , One and Only and the Hilton across the road . We chose the Residences as we wanted to be on the JBWalk as we knew there were a good selection of restaurants and you enjoyed the facilities of the Hilton across the road . This is an apartment hotel and doesnt enjoy the same fabulous feel of the public areas that the other hotels do but gives you a central location with easy access to independent restaurants , supermarkets , shops etc so that you are not held captive to the high hotel prices . We are a couple and travelled with our 15 year old son , we stayed in a studio room on floor 5 which was spacious and clean with a view to the rear towards the harbour .
We found the lifts to be a pain as mentioned already by many , being on floor five I asked if we could use the stairs but was told no they were for staff or emergencys only .
The pool area is fine although is in the shade for long periods , we used the Hilton beach across the road . We ate in the JBW and found meals for the 3 of us to be around £50.00 , you cannot buy alcohol in the JBW restaurants or indeed any of the local supermarkets so if you want wine etc you must go to a hotel restaurant .
One tip is to call into Dubai Duty Free after you pass through immigration at the airport and buy any alcohol you may require for your room , also soft drinks are only about 50 pence a bottle much cheaper than hotel prices although you can buy soft drinks in any of the supermarkets near by .
Taxis are very cheap and it will only cost about £7-£10.00 to take a taxi to the Dubai Mall about 20klm away .
We found the breakfast to be excellent , probably one of the best at any Dubai hotel we have stayed at , very good choice , excellent staff , and a good choice of coffees etc ie Latte ,Capachino etc .
The hotel the trick for us and we would stay there again for a few nights , if you want the full luxury feel go to any of the quality hotels including all the ones mentioned at the beginning of this report.

Room Tip: Front rooms have sea views , rear have restricted Marina views and are a little darker .
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Simon F
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our travel agent booked us here for two nights before a cruise and I mistakenly thought we were in the actual hotel but it did not matter at all as the residences were just across the road and we had the use of all the hotel facilities. The service we received was second to none even better than some 5 and 6 star hotels in the USA we have stayed in because all the staff all seemed so genuine and friendly
We were upgraded to a suite for our two night stay It was huge!!
Visit the Sky bar for cocktails when you go!
Pet

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I reiterate many of the previous reviews. The staff are excellent- extremely helpful and friendly- they can't do enough for you. We arrived at 7.00am from a night flight. Although check in time isn't until 3.00pm, we were given a room virtually straight away which meant that it gave us an extra full day. We had a one bed king studio. The room is huge with a good size bathroom. Maybe the room needed a refurb- but it was clean. Our room didn't have kitchen or laundry facilities- perhaps as it was a basic room. The breakfasts were excellent- superb selection and incredible staff. They were all so attentive. We were able to use the main Hilton's facilities across the road- a sort stroll. We didn't have any problem with sunbeds etc.
We also used the metro- a 10 minute walk to the station- also very cheap. It was a 50 minute ride from the airport.The metro was clean and easy to use but only useful if you wanted to get to the malls or airport. The other areas of interest are so far apart that you would need to take a taxi as the metro didn't cover the creek area. We also niaively thought we would take an afternoon walk along the beach to the Burj Al Arab on Jumeirah Beach. It was impossible- the hotels along the route all seem to have private beaches and we ended up walking alongside an extremely busy main road with numerous roadworks. Bear in mind that you will need to use taxis if you want to deviate from the metro line and the places of interest are miles apart.

Room Tip: Choose a room at least 6 floors up for a better outlook.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

One word: wow! I have just got back from a 4 night stay here to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend. When we arrived we got upgraded (without asking) from a studio to a 2 bedroom suite on the 9th floor with a sea view. When we walked into the room it took my breath away, I was amazed at the size of it! It had a huge open plan living and dining room, a massive kitchen, 3 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms plus a balcony with amazing views. Seriously it was more like for 6 people and I was so excited that I could see the jumeriah palm and Atlantis the palm from our balcony. For what we paid this was just incredible. The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful and the service we received was faultless. The location is fantastic right on 'the walk' with lots of restaurants, shops and cafes right on the doorstep. We had breakfast here one day too which had great variety and was very nice. You can also use all the facilities of the Hilton across the road which gives you access to their bars and restaurants, a private beach and pool. The beach area is very nice with plenty of sunbeds and we really enjoyed the beach bar, the food here was delicious and there was a great atmosphere with a dj later on in the evening. Another bar I really liked in the Hilton over the road is the skybar, definitely worth a visit amazing views from up there and a lovely, chilled atmosphere. Overall, this is one of the best places I've ever stayed and it truly made my birthday special and unforgettable. I would definitely come back and recommend to anyone!

3  Thank loobie21