“Food that lingers in mind.”
Review of Mama's Restaurant

Mama's Restaurant
Ranked #2,181 of 9,540 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Food that lingers in mind.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Had to come here to try the fish moilly since being named one of the top dishes of 2013 in Dubai and come here I did last month.The menu covers south Indian, Chinese and north Indian items each prepared by different chefs. The north Indian chef, I am told, has come from the Sun n Sand hotel in Mumbai.
The prawn tandoori is the best prawn dish in Dubai beating even the 5 star hotels in town. It reminded me of how my mother used to make with the right amount of tanginess and spice. The fish moilly was nice with tender flesh but not outstanding.
A.C. seemed inadequate, waiters ready and knowledgeable. The 15 min. wait for the food is worth its while. The food is served fresh and hot.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sparta
“Good Food!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My friend and I were walking about looking for dinner.. that's when we came across this restaurant. When we walked in, the ground floor dining are was closed so we moved to the 1st floor dining area.
On arrival, we were paid attention to and attended to well. The menu has 3 main groups -- Indian, Indo Chinese, South India. We chose to have Indo Chinese.. and boy was it nice! The food was exactly what we asked for. Speedy service too.

The ambiance is alright (in my opinion).. clean and decently maintained. Also the pricing is nominal. Sadly, no alcohol served.

Definitely recommend a visit for the food!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank R0N0S
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great taste, good ambience, excellent value”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

It's all about tasty Indian cuisine at very affordable prices. While there is no dearth of Indian restaurants in Dubai, very few live up to the expectations of the wide Indian diaspora living in the city.

Mama's restaurant in Bur Dubai , just over a year old, comes as a welcome change as it manages to offer a wide array of choices including North & South Indian options plus snacks at reasonable prices and guess what? It tastes great!!

My personal favourite would have to be the veg mixed Kebab platter. No where else have I seen so many vegetarian options on a single platter, well grilled with just the right amount of spices.

Thinking Indian? Go to Mama's!

• Visited July 2013
India
“Great Indian food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The perfect indian restaurent in the vicinity which is very near to Meena Bazaar and just Adjustant to metro station.Food was really tasty.Complete value for money.The staff was courteous and prompt to help.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Lovely N
Dubai
“Correct indian not very expensive”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This Indian restaurant is located in Bur Dubai, that is the heart of the Indian community. It offers Indian cuisine from both southern and northern India. I discovered this restaurant by chance a little on the net and his name intrigued me, hence my order of the day.

In addition i will explain a rather comical scene thereafter. So I place my order like that:
- Achari Murgh Tikka
- Murg Makhani 1
- 1 Garlic naan & 1 Butter naan

1h later when receiving my order, I was surprised to see two people, the driver and one of the bosses. He told me that his restaurant isn opened for three months and he is happy to serve its customers. He adds that the cuisine is very popular and he hoped that I will also appreciate. It also gave me the flyers menus so I could speak from my side to friends. Then, we exchange our respective business cards.

Skip this episode caucasse enough, I must say I was very pleased with the dishes ordered, "MURG Achari Tikka", tender pieces of chicken baked in tandoori masala sauce served with raita sauce with mint was excellent.
Just as the "MURG MAKHANI", pieces of chicken in a tomato sauce. creamy spicy. Everything comes with a few salads.

Small flat for naan (see below)

Finally, in the afternoon, the boss called, but a little "sticky"' to have my impressions of the meal. Fun .....

Ultimately, excellent Indian restaurant recently opened therefore, very good food and prices correct to say for this day and menu choosen (AED 54).

Areas for improvement:
- Butter Naan or Garlic Naan quite disappointing compared to the rest. No real difference between both cases is normally not taste the same. I ate better possession. A better so ....

• Visited January 2012