“Most popular bar in the area.”
Review of Rock Bottom Cafe

Rock Bottom Cafe
Ranked #4,916 of 9,926 Restaurants in Dubai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Rock Bottom carefully tiptoes the line between a nice restaurant in the early evening to a full on night club by midnight. I would be considered a regular guest, so I will write about my most recent experience. I sat in the back near the kitchen, as the band and dancefloor get very loud as it gets later. The also move some of the tables out to make room for more people. I got there about 11, but it was weeknight, so it wasn't that busy yet. I decided to try their monthly special (Latino). The starter (Kabab) came out excellent. The main course was a steak mixed veggies and fries. The veggies were quite good. The steak however was not. It came out on a sizzler, so it may have been medium rare when they took it off the grill, but it kept on cooking on the sizzler as it was brought out. It came out quite dry. I have had many steaks before and they were all quite delicious and cooked excellently, so this was an exception and not a rule. The dessert came out great. The music (DJ) and band were great as always. The security did a good job keeping the drunken folk from the bar away from those of us eating at the tables. It was pretty commendable. As the evening wore on I did get some random strangers asking to join my table, and one guy nearly passed out as he collapsed on the empty bench. Being a night club some people do get a little out of control. The security handled everything well. If you want a peaceful nice dinner, come early and leave before the crowd arrives. If you want a wild night out, come late and enjoy. This place is easily the most popular club in TECOM and surrounding areas.

RockBottomTecom, Manager at Rock Bottom Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Rock Bottom Café TECOM.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience!

Don’t forget to join us on Sunday and Tuesday Nights for our respective Ladies Nights!

Yours sincerely,
Rock Bottom Café Management

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The venue is fine, your standard 'American' Style bar with pool tables and a Large bar area, the staff were polite and helpful and very quick to offer fresh beers! The music was like being at a 90s school disco but was of a low volume and background so no big deal. Was quiet when we first went then by 11 it was pretty busy for a Wednesday night a half decent band playing too... Anyway more importantly the Food, I ordered the 12oz New Zealand Rib eye with JD sauce, I didn't need the sauce because the steak was that nice on its own, beautifully cooked and so much flavour I was shocked! Although it took a while to come but was worth the wait! Free Large Glass of wine and quite reasonable price for Dubai. I have easily spent twice as much for half the quality of what we had last night. If you want a good steak and an interesting atmosphere give this place a try. Fun Enjoyable night and I will be back.

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience!

Yours sincerely,
Rock Bottom Café Management

Reviewed January 20, 2014

So, let me start by saying we didn't eat here! We were taken by a friend after a few celebratory drinks elsewhere and warned to prepare for a cheese fest. It's not the classiest of places but the entry is free, the music and the band are good and the drinks are strong and free for ladies to start with! We didn't actually leave til the place closed at 3 after what can only be described as a memorable night out, which ended in a very helpful and friendly concierge service outside and a surprisingly cheap taxi back. Note....beware the scary ladies outside who WILL accost you!!!

RockBottomTecom, Manager at Rock Bottom Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first experience at Rock Bottom TECOM.

Our music policy is based on all genres of western music to please all guests from all walks of life.

Regarding the 'scary ladies' outside of the hotel, we are working with the relevant government organizations to remove such inconvenience upon our customers exit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rock Bottom in the near future!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

no need to say much, RACIST by all means.
visited the cafe twice in two separate days. first time it was late but it was curiosity to see the place since its next door to my hotel. the bouncer ask me to pay 100 Dirhams which i said its late and the cafe will close in 30 mins time. next day i went 9 pm and at the door i was asked to pay the 100 while few (white ) guys wr allowed to enter free and when i asked the guy said they are members (plz respect our thinking). he laughed and turned around while talking to him. another guys was asking is tis the rock bottom cafe , he replayed yes and allowed him to go in for free.
never ever going even near that place.

4  Thank toxicologist

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your valuable feedback.

At Rock Bottom, the privilege of Free Entrance is available to; Membership Card Holders, Facecard Holders and Regular Guests of the outlet. For any visiting customers outside of one of these categories, Entrance Fee to Rock Bottom is 100AED per person.

Our Entrance Fee applies from 8PM up until the last admittance at 2.45AM, everyday of the week.

Regarding the Security Personnel that was unprofessional towards you, can you provide the date of your visit so that I can check which member of staff was present that day and check the relevant CCTV footage?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

People only go here because you are guaranteed to get in. The door staff are pleasant but obviously follow the lead of the manager who is an absolute dick and will rip off any body who has dropped their guard. A prime example is to charge people to get in unless they think they are regulars, so a 100 dirham charge or free entry if you are recognised. Do not come here if you are on holiday. This place is a last resort.

2  Thank TrentJT

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your visit to Rock Bottom TECOM.

In order to gain entrance to Rock Bottom, patrons must be over the age of 21 and should not be in intoxicated.

Free entrance to Rock Bottom is a privilege for; Membership Card Holders, Facecard Holders and Regular Guests of the outlet. For any visiting patrons who do not fall into one of these categories, an Entrance Fee of 100AED per person is applicable.

The entrance fee applies from 8PM up until the last admittance at 2.45AM, every day of the week.

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your previous visit. I would like to welcome you back to Rock Bottom in the near future. Please feel free to send me a private message of when you would like to visit us and I will ensure that our service standards are to your requirements.