“Hearty food - service from the heart!”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #1,142 of 9,867 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Never had been to CPK before although i had many opporunities to try, both here and in the US. But after swearing off Noodle House and their inhospitable staff, and with Texas Roadhouse being jampacked - we decided to give it a try. We tried their Hummus, which sounded oddly appealing and a meatlovers pizza. However, worth noting is the GM/Chef came out to inform us he wasn't happy with the batch of Hummus, and he wanted to ask if we wanted an alternative or was willing to wait 15 minutes. Not only is the honesty appreciated, but the fact he came out himself instead of just sending one of the waiters really impressed me. For me, service always comes first and i greatly appreciate such gestures. Bravo!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The restaurant wasn't busy so our experience of service wasn't a problem. When it arrived the soup was delicious and all the main courses were good-sized portions - there was a good range of dishes to choose from too and no complaints as far as taste and flavours.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

i liked their food but the problem was the service. the people who served me in Mirdif City Center were very unfriendly and unwelcoming. I was exhausted after work and needed somewhere to plug my charger after my fone died and they were pretty rude and gave me "huffs and puffs" and looks. I was also waiting for my mom to arrive and they were making me feel very unwelcomed by giving me looks whenever i mentioned i was not ready to order because i was waiting for someone to arrive. Quite dissapointing to be honest.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Dined here last night, 15/6/13, couldn't even serve correct drinks to start, waited a further 10 mins for correct drink then served cold tasteless pizza. Never again

Reviewed June 16, 2013

These guys have some of the best variety in pizza and pasta. The food tastes yummy! But the service unfortunately is horrible!