“Really Bad Service and the Food was Worse!!!”
Review of Abdel Wahab

Abdel Wahab
Ranked #425 of 9,619 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Hong Kong, China
“Really Bad Service and the Food was Worse!!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

First night in Dubai and the hotel recommended this restaurant. First of all the service is terrible. Staff is completely rude. I don't understand why these people are in the restaurant business. So I was thinking the food must be good if they can get away with such terrible service but to my surprise the food was worse. The chicken Shish Tatouk was overcooked and tough and dry. I ordered the mixed grill and my lamb was not tender or succulent. It was tough and chewy like I was eating cardboard or a piece of leather. This place sucks!!! The only good thing was the fountain show and you don't have to be in the restaurant to see it.

Never again would I go this horrific restaurant. I have had better Lebanese food in California!!!
Peace out!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Michael C

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Extremely crowded”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Restaurant offers standard lebanese food. However the place is extremely crowded , especially in the outdoor area, forcing them to cram the tables close to each other and moving in/out around the tables becomes very difficult. Good views of the fountain after dusk.
Food is totally standard, but overpriced.

• Visited March 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Rude Staff”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

They just don't car, and it seems that the management is content about this, I really don't know how long more their business will last!!! Don't ever visit it

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank mfsbender
London
“Terrible service, don't bother!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This restaurant has some great reviews and we thought we'd visit it. We booked a table outside second row to get a good view of the fountain show. When we arrived the maitre d tried to seat us inside. On explaining we were led outside to a corner table by the doors. My husband explained that we had booked a day before and we booked second row. She simply shrugged her shoulders and said, well thats your table. She didn't even look at him and seemed in a hurry to move on. We were shocked by her demeanor and pointed to the 4 empty 6 seater tables near the balcony and she refused to seat us anywhere else.

We reluctantly sat down as the kids were with us and were looking forward to the evening. The food was average, we ordered a mix grill amongst a few other starters. The service was appalling. The waiters were uninterested and busy talking to each other. When we asked for more bread, the waiter took the basket and stood back again. We had to repeat ourselves twice before he realised we asked for more bread. There is no attention to care in this pricey restaurant. The views are good as anywhere else so save your money and pick another vantage point.

We finished our meal and the 4 empty tables remained empty as we left. A poor show.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank subzy
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Go for the fountain view”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I had dinner at this restaurant with friends on a Friday early evening after going up Burj Khalifa. Tables had been booked in most restaurants overlooking the fountains but we had not made our decision in advance. We decided on this for a more Middle Eastern experience than we would have got in the other restaurants. We were not near the edge of the outdoor balcony but we could still see the fountains without leaving our seats.
The service was slow and rather lackadaisical. We had to ask several times for items we had ordered which did not come.
We had a table laden with shish taouk (chicken), kebabs, hummus, vine leaves, baba ghanoush, labneh, moutabal. But no free salad or olives like you would normally get as standard in Lebanese restaurants. We had to catch a waiter’s attention to get more bread as they did not bring enough for 3 people.
The tables outside are all smoking and patrons are also smoking shisha. Great if you are a smoker, but not so great if you are eating. I usually love going to Lebanese restaurants but I did not enjoy the experience. The food was fine (but delivered without any explanation which my friends would have appreciated) but service was poor. By the time we left the indoor tables were also getting occupied. Clearly many Arab families come here so they must be doing something right.
The prices were not too bad considering where we were sitting, but for a view of the fountains at dinner I think I would go elsewhere next time. I still prefer Mango Tree (but we outside tables were already booked) or Urbano (only a partial view of the fountains; their outside terrace tables cannot be pre-booked).

• Visited April 2012