“Great 4 days”

Rixos The Palm Dubai
Ranked #24 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I suddenly decided to go to Dubai, and one of my friends joined, one of our friends suggested it for us (it wasn’t planned), but frankly it was one the best hotels where you can do everything … you can relax , enjoy the beach and the pool , amazing spa, excellent food, loved the white lounge, and the staff were very helpful… you can spend the whole day over there without getting bored.

Room Tip: sea side rooms \ amazing view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank HAMAD A
RixosThePalm D, General Manager at Rixos The Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We would like to thank you very much for taking your valuable time in sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us. The comments you have pointed out, have already been shared with the team, in order to be evaluated.

There are newer reviews for Rixos The Palm Dubai

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel is a beautiful resort, very modern and comfortable rooms. Though the bed was not so comfortable. Service is one of the worst I have ever experienced in a 5 stars hotel. Food is below average, far from any Dubai standard where we usually eat very well. I would visit the hotel again in few years as I had a great time by the pool and the beach club. The spa is one of the unique experiences I had, it was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are spacious, no need to go for the 1 bedroom suite
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with us.

We are sorry to hear that some aspects were not up to your expectations. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with related departments, for necessary actions to be taken.

As Rixos The Palm Dubai, we continually aim to exceed our guests’ expectations and we very much appreciate feedback such as yours, which plays an essential part in helping us monitor our day-to-day operations and improve where necessary.

Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had my birthday party here last year. The staff was very helpful and the catering was great! They gave us a great package deal that included catering, party hall, and amazing hotel suite. They even set up a sound system for us to use at my party.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have just returned with my Husband from our first ever parent only holiday since our Daughter was born nearly 8 years ago and what a perfect place we chose to have this!

We chose Dubai as I have been raving about it to my Husband ever since my first visit last year with a Mummy friend for our first ever Mummy only trip. My husband and I haven't had a trip alone for over 8 years so I convinced him Dubai was perfect - especially with the British weather right now! He found this amazing hotel and it did not fail to impress. We asked the hotel to arrange transportation from Dubai International Airport and we were met by a lovely guy, with a name sounding like Gangum, with water, a luxurious air conditioned car and he gave us an entertaining journey with lots of stories and sites to see. When we got to the hotel we were checked in by Anne, another lovely person, and she took great care of us and was really friendly. After freshening up we went to the Rixos seafood restaurant, Salt, to which we were guided to by Kevin - by far the greatest and loveliest conceirge we have ever met! Kevin was amazing help several times during our trip and we think he deserves an award as it's people like him that keep visitors coming back again and again. Kevin went above and beyond - he surpassed expectations in recovering an important misplaced item and I think he should get a large payrise!

Another great staff member was the guy who runs the bar in the Italian restaurant. Sadly my memory for names is terrible but he, as with so many of the staff at Rixos, helped make our stay very memorable.

One great thing I want to mention is one evening we were in the middle of a Wall Street movie marathon and really wanted some pizza! Although the in room dining menu states pizzas are not available after 12am, we called at 12.30am and there was no problem. It was one of the most delicious pizzas I should add!!! It came within 20 minutes and whereas so many hotels make you feel like a pest asking for things out of hours, this was most definitely not the case.

Downsides - the menu choice is quite limited and the veal/beef bacon makes you wonder whether they should just not bother with any sort of substitute bacon at all. Chicken wings were on the menu but weren't available at any time during our stay. There is a good choice of food but we felt there were quite a few limitations. The staff at the pool side bar weren't all great - those behind the bar being less memorable than the ones who provided table service. If these are the few gripes we had I hope you see how hard we had to pick to find fault!

During our stay there was an awful electrical, rain and sand storm but everything was handled really well. The staff make this resort and are the reason we will visit again. I would suggest requesting a room without a balcony above if you are a couple wanting the chance to soak up the sun away from the crowds at the pool or beach.

We will definitely stay at a Rixos hotel in the future and have no worry in bringing our children next time as they will undoubtedly enjoy their holiday as much as us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry H

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Rixos is 1h (depending on the traffic) drive from Abu Dhabi airport. It is also half an hour away from Dubaï itself, as it is located at the end of the Palm Jumeriah. On the other hand, taxi's are always available in front of the hotel and a regular one will cost about 30 to 40 dirhams. (A Lexus from the hotel will cost approximately double). They also have shuttles available a few times a day. Water taxi too but you need to book the day before. It is rather quiet and less busy than an hotel in town. The lobby is beautifull. We arrived early (8 AM) and our room was not ready. We received a "complimentary" breakfast and were then brought to our room, which we politely refused as the view was inexistant, I was not going to look at a wall for a week! We then were told that the hotel was full (quite odd: there was just 1 receptionist present at that time) and that we had to wait 3 PM for a room with sea view! Such a shame. We waited at the swimming pool but they could at least have offered us a cocktail or so. The (second) room was very nice, elegant, lots of space and clean. Good shower but hard matrass (by my standards). We got no explanation, though. Not about the hotel, nor about the room. We had to figure out a few things like the location of the spa or the working of the safe or the TV by ourselves. The breakfast buffet offers all about what you can expect from a 5 stars, the staff is very present and helpfull and keeps everything exceptionally clean. They also look happy to be working there, which I personally find very important as well. We definitely recommand the restaurants Salt and L'Olivo. Beautifull and delicious. If you are a meat lover, try the Fire Steak House in the Atlantis hotel (5 minutes drive). The hotel itself is really worth a visit as well, you need to see their aquarium! The XWhite bar is also nice to have a late drink and we couldn't overhear the noise from our room. Neither from the works that are going on at the other end of the hotel where you can see a second swimming pool, that looks rather nice and big by the way. The swimming pool is lovely, so is the beach. PS: Dubbel bedding is for "suite" owners only.
I would call Rixos a family hotel (lots of them are russians of course like most of tourists in Dubaï). Their kids Club looks very well organized (mini swimming pool etc.). The Spa was very nice and professional. The fitness looks good but not all the equipment is working properly, having to try 4 machines to find one working bothers me. I was not impressed by some - russian - staff at the reception or the excursion department as they often looked back at you like they didn't care, but I recommand this hotel if you are looking for a nice place to rest and be left alone, and also enjoy good food. Don't forget to ask for a room with sea view of Palm view in advance then ;-)

Room Tip: Ask for sea view or palm view and inform them in advance when you arrive early for your room to be r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Best value hotel in Dubai for Friday lunch. Have tried other Dubai hotels which are much more expensive. Rikos is on the out fringe of the Palm Jumeriah. Great quality food, brilliant atmosphere, and really good value for money. Highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Couldn't wait to leave. Firstly, it is RIGHT at the end of The Palm, and takes ages to a. get a taxi and b. get anywhere! I had to wait 5 hours for the room to be ready. There is only ever one person on reception and they act as if you are invisible. The food from room service was DREADFUL, literally stone cold and stale. I had to chase housekeeping to get my room cleaned, laundry returned. There was constant construction noise going on on the beach, the spa was also shut with no prior notice (infuriating as I booked with the spa in mind). they ran out of sunloungers (WHAT?). I have stayed in Dubai many times, and the customer service has always been 110% - this hotel BADLY let down their reputation. The beach was also disappointing, very small and felt like they'd run out of sand, very 'unsandy' beach. Pay a little extra and stay at Jumeirah Beach Hotel - that literally cannot be faulted. Oh, and the breakfast 'hot dishes' are luke warm at best. I had baked beans one morning - I actually think they tipped the tin straight into the container without heating. Difficult to get the waiters attention at breakfast - had to hunt around for my own cutlery, and ask several times for a cup of (lukewarm) coffee. I also had no hot water for two days - a freezing cold shower at 6am is NOT ideal. I told the receptionist and she literally didn't acknowledge it. I actually had to say 'sorry, did you just hear me, I said I had not hot water again'

Room Tip: ask for one facing the beach. I was put in one facing the front, and the noise from the cars arrivin...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Libwatt

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with us.

Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us.