“Deceptively amazing”

Ranked #77 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Deceptively amazing”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I loved everything about this place...vibe, atmosphere, decor and the staff. When I entered the hotel, I couldn't believe this was not a 5 star hotel. The 3rd floor had a surreal view. The room was clean and very nice. The bathroom was huge! I could have fit like 5 people in there. Although it was a "dry" hotel (no alcohol), the main restaurant had a great selection of foods. I took around the block, which was recommended by a friend, where I found a Korean restaurant. This place had no name on the door but they had some great BBQ!

Room Tip: A room on the top!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments following your stay in the Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

We are delighted to read that every aspect in Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana far exceed your expectations. Being a Five-Star hotel, we are always committed to deliver only the excellent service to our guest.

Once again thank you and we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Al Ghurair Arjaan and Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
uae
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in May 2014 for a training session. The rooms are very nice. I ate in the hotels all day dining for breakfast lunch and dinner because the food varity was excellant. The meeting rooms and coffee break area is great highly recommended for any company meeting or even just to stay the hotel is linked to a shopping mall.

• Stayed May 2014
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay in the Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

We are very happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments are very much appreciated in regards to our room structure, variety of food in our All-Day Dining Restaurant Liwan, and our great meeting rooms and coffee break.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit with Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best Rotana Property in Dubai....very modern clean spacious rooms with large bathroom. Service is top notch and everyone is willing to take the extra mile to satisfy their guests.
A special recognition goes to Anthony for and Zainab Abbas for their extraordinary customer service which ticks 5 stars in all aspects.
Going forward Al Ghurair Rayhaan is my permanent choice when visiting Dubai.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review following your stay in Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

We are very proud having read your description as “The Best Rotana Property in Dubai”. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and that we meet your expectations. Your compliments will be shared with Anthony and Zainab who will be delighted receiving such appreciation. It is always our commitment to make our guests happy by delivering the highest standard possible.

Once again, thank you for making us your permanent choice and we will definitely look forward to your comeback in the Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at this really fantastic hotel. The standard classic room was spacious and spotless. We paid for breakfast and it was worth every penny. When we go back in a few years we would definitely go back to this 5 star hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great experience following your stay in Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay experience with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated. It is always our commitment to serve the highest standard possible.

We look forward to your next visit with us in Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel will give you a royal feel. Room was extremely neat & big bathroom. Very friendly staff. I made use of the free shuttle service to reach the Dubai mall. Also hours later the bus came back just to pick a single person <me>. Food is delicious & you are spoilt for choice. Only prob I had is my sandwich order was not fulfilled on time. But considering it was mid of the night, I will forgive them ;-) There is a shopping mall beside the hotel itself and just a walk around you will find grocery stores. I look forward to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Meghana K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments via TripAdvisor community following your stay in Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

It is very remarkable to us being described as a “Fabulous Hotel”. We greatly appreciate such a title that reflects your enjoyment during your stay with us besides the compliments you have mentioned in regards to our room structure, friendly staff, food selections, service and location.

Your comment in regards to sandwich delivery is being noted and will be shared with relevant department to check the areas for improvement. As a Travelers’ Choice Winner, we’re always looking for ways to give our guests the best possible experience.

Once again, thank you and we as well look forward to your comeback in Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed for 5 nights at Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana. The hotel is very well appointed (quite "new") and appendixes to Al Ghurair Centre. Location - in my personal opinion - is top. Quick reach by Metro anywhere in the city (Union Metro Station just a footstep away), Al Ghurair Mall offers all daily conviniences you might need. The rooms are big, very comfortable. Bathrooms with in-tub showers have a increased size with rainshower. Big plus: Lighting-system in bathrooms offer a variety of possibilities. Big minus: warm water in the bathroom - you better turn it on 15min before you wanna shower. Takes ages for getting a drop of that out the pipe if you don´t wanna shower cold. As far as internet is concerned, the connection is quite ok, but FAR too expensive. Go to the mall next door and use internet there for free as you also can do in many dining or cafe outlets. Internet is a basic need for business travelers in today´s world and it´s a basic demand therefor. It should be for free. Many hotel chains worldwide did that step into nowadays already. Some are still in the past.

Despite the "hardware" is very high-end, I don´t like to miss out to say, that the "software" lacks huge potential. Employees remember me on a dance-group which studied a choreography and repeats that every time a guest passes by or even each time youself pass by at public areas. Within 10min I was greated 5x with "Good morning Sir", as they would not remember I just passed them seconds ago. In general I miss the "personal flair" of human touch in this hotel. I can understand that a busy hotel is a very challenging environment, but at least put a bit a smile on your face. Also the deficiency of english language skills with some of the employees makes it a bit hard to communicate. I miss this human "something" in general. The soul of the hotel - I didn´t find it anywhere. Luckily the reception reminded me at 11.15am via a telephone call, that my check-out time is at 12noon. Very elegant - I got the hint (I know am blond, but I understood what they mean). Simply the word "leave!" would have done it too.

Would I stay there again? I honestly don´t know... I prefer hotels where staff are what they are. @Management: develop their personality, encourage their soul, make them smile. A house lives by it´s soul. And this can only be delivered by your people. Your people are only as good as you are. Lead by example. Besides that - my favorite phrase: "perfection isn´t always appropriate!"

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Timo S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your personal experiences following your stay in the Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

We are delighted to receive your compliments on our hotel room structure and location. However, we missed to deliver service quality in some areas, please accept our sincere apologies for the shortcomings. Your comments have been taken seriously to the concerned departments to study and discussed the issue and come up with ways we can serve our guests excellently. Further, some colleague trainings are currently on-going to augment our quality of service in order to give our guest the best hotel experience.

Should you travel back to Dubai and decide to stay with us again, please correspond with me at maric.duijvenbode@rotana.com and I will be happy to assist.

Once again, thank you for bringing the matter to our attention as this will help us identify areas to improve. We shall be looking forward to your comeback in the Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night . Location is the best . Hotel is very clean with super facilities . The staff from the reception desk to the parking facility were all friendly and professional. I am looking for my next stay!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments posted via TripAdvisor following your stay in Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai.

We are delighted to read your enjoyment during stay with us. Your comments are indications of the quality service being delivered.

Along with my team, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.