“Excellent hotel, very pleasant staff”
Review of Al Ghurair Hotel

Al Ghurair Hotel
Ranked #80 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Belgrade, Serbia
“Excellent hotel, very pleasant staff”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent hotel, and staff was really pleasant during the stay. Restaurant offer so many choices for the breakfast and lunch.
Rooms are big and comfortable, cleaned every day and fixed curtains during the afternoon. I had three phones in it! Unfortunately, it was so hot during my stay so that little bit spoiled my expressions and experience in Dubai.
Air conditioning worked really good in the hotel and good news is that there is a shopping mall around the corner so you can save your soul!
Anyway, don't loose your time, this hotel is excellent choice for everybody no matter of the age!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor following your recent visit with Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana.

We are delighted to learn from your review that you enjoyed your stay with us and highly appreciate your positive comments with regards to our service and facilities, which I have shared with my team.

It is truly a pleasure to have you staying with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Al Ghurair Arjaan & Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

In one of my frequent trips to Dubai, I chose Rayhaan Rotana in June which is in Deira Dubai and hence perhaps not in the flash light as the hotels in the newer districts of the city. Having researched about the hotel online and having experienced the Rotana brand, I was confident that the experience will be good. So it was!

From check-in to express check-out at Club Rotana floor, the experience was excellent. The package I chose entitlede me to an upgrade to Club Rotana floor and all the facilities. Good speed wi-fi, use of club lounge including buffet breakfast was excellent. The club lounge staff Katerina was very professional in her knowledge about the products and showed keen interest in the guests (myself and another guest she was dealing with while I waited). This really made me feel as being treated exclusively yet in an unobtrusive manner.

The room size was excellent with a great view of DXB! For someone like me who is a aviation enthusiast and
an Emirates airlines fan it was quite a treat. The view was distant but the take offs enjoyable with a cup of tea to gaze at. The bathroom was very well appointed with locciatne products, rain shower and good size.

The bed was comfortable and the room decor reasonably trendy yet practical. Good selection of satellite channels. The lobby design on the ground floor as well as the reception lobby were well designed and being fairly new gleemed.

Location next to Al Ghurair mall with cinemas, supermarket and many small cafés and shops so typical of the original Dubai is intresting. Although metro Union Station is very close I didn't use it, however that is another plus point. Taxis are readily available and hence not an issue.

I used the room service menu but was not overly impressed. I only had the Club Rotana breakfast which was also average but the fresh juices like carrot juice were very good. Then perhaps with such a variety of dining in Dubai, good food is never an issue.

Overall I quite liked the hotel and will stay again most probably given the service, overall quality if stay and to enjoy the Diera and its neigbourhoods and even beyond.

• Stayed June 2013
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review and images on Tripadvisor following your recent visit with Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana.

We are delighted to learn from your review that you enjoyed your stay with us and highly appreciate your positive comments, especially your Club Rotana experience. Katerina has been receiving numerous of positive feeback from guest and is indeed a real pleasure having her in our team.

At the same time, I would be very keen to receive your feedback about our In Room Dining menu and highly appreciate if you could contact me seperately when time allows.

Al Ghurair Arjaan & Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai
maric.duijvenbode@rotana.com
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After I read reviews on trip advisor I decided to stay at Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana Dubai
Location is very good so many places to eat nearby
Hotel restaurant is very good for breakfast didn’t look very busy in hotel
Room was good but I have stayed at better hotels in Dubai. It says it’s a five star hotel but i’d say it is more like a four star.
Gym is ok but if you want to use the sauna and steam room, you have to use spa and pay
Usually at most hotels it’s free, hotel guests have free wifi, but at this hotel you have to pay.
There was a spider in my daughter bathroom, I called room service twice, no one came and then I had to go and complain at reception – took 30 minutes to explain and then 3 people came to get the spider. Wow what a mission.
It was our wedding anniversary when they gave us cake its said on our cake
Happy honeymoon my son and daughter age 21 and 23 was laughing they heads off
Housekeeping was very good; the hotels Lexus car driver was polite and helpful
Checking out time they said we have to pay for bottle of water which we did not drink coz between two rooms we get complimentary four bottle of water a day,
Overall it’s not a bad place to stay at, but I will not be staying there again

Room Tip: ask for 14th floor away from lift 1409 and 1410 is good
1 Thank kazi95
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor following your recent visit with Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana.

We are grateful for your constructive feedback and at the same time, I wish to apologize for having failed to meet certain basic service standards, which we will rectify accordingly.

Following recent guest feedback, we are now looking into possibilities of allocating a seperate male and female steam and sauna facility for our hotel guest as well as revisiting the WIFI / internet charges.

Despite of some avoidable service failures, we certainly look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I attended the Liwan Restaurant for a Buffet dinner at the Rayhaan by Rotana. Firstly, the ambiance of the restaurant is quite magnificent. Pillars lined with white tiles looks simple yet effective, chairs and tables are clean and neat, the light pieces are nice. The staff are so friendly and hospitable, and brought over "welcome snacks" - non-alcoholic beer (apple flavour) and potato wedges with sour cream. The food is very nice, a variety of meat, fish, vegetables and salads. There were some indian vegetable curries, seafood lasagne and a section where you could choose from a variety of raw meats and seafood to be cooked and brought over to you. The desserts were just delicious, very enjoyable. I really think that this restaurant is of high standard with a high standard of staff as well. If you are staying at the Rayhaan or the adjacent Arjaan by Rotana, it is definitely worth enjoying a buffet here.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor following your recent visit with Liwan at Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana.

We are delighted to learn from your review that you had an enjoyable culinary experience and we highly appreciate your positive comments with regards to our offerings which I have shared with our Chefs and Food and Beverage team.

We have more exciting dinner theme dinner nights lined up as well as continious innovative changes on our Friday brunches.

On behalf of the entire management, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

UK
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Second visit to the hotel after a gap of some 3 months. Arrived about 2100 hours, and received a super welcome and smile from Mary at reception, especially for our daughter.

Checked in very smooth and straight forward. Located on the 20th floor...couldnt find the room 2018, came down, and was helped by a friendly member of staff, the deluxe suite was located at the far end of the corridor behind the double doors!

A room itself was very large, very well appointed and laid out with the odd welcome nibble and water.

Large bed and huge bathroom area with L'Occitane toiletries. Lounge has a separate washroom as well.

TVs have 80 odd channels and reception wise, no issues.

The gym and staff are all friendly too, as well as the staff at the restaurant for breakfast. Lots of variety for all taste buds. Pool was always available, lots of bathing and seating areas with shades. Air conditioned gym with all one could need in terms of free wegihits, cardio and resistance machines.

The walkway to the mall is not compelte yet, however, there is a conenction to the Arjaan property apartments, where you can use their (even) larger pool.

Rooms were always cleaned well, staff through the property always polite, unable to remember everyones names.

There are lots of eateries (BK, KFC, Nandos, Pizza Hut, McD, and more) on the Al Rigga road, Spinneys supermarket a stones throw behind, you are never going to go without.

On occasion, you would need some help to flag a taxi down, and if being ultra critical, the staff were not always helpful. Theere is a private taxi available, for a few more dirhams, which has brand new Lexus's and spotless.

All in all, if you are seeking a property which is well maintained, still virtually new, centrally situated, keenly priced and great staff to boot, you need not look elsewhere.

1 Thank Nadeem786
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am also pleased to share with you that the extentsion of the Al Ghurair Shopping Mall is set to open its doors towards the final quarter of this year, making shopping more convenient than before. The mall will also facilitiate a large, one of a kind amusement area for children.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in this hotel while exploring some of the area near to Dubai Creek and Dubai Mall, which was close enough, especially as there is a metro stop just across from it. The rooms were clean, comfortable and the decor was tasteful. The best thing about this hotel was the friendly service and welcoming staff. The breakfast was fantastic and there was an amazingly varied choice...almost to be called a brunch! The main thing to remember about the Rayhaan collection of hotels is that they do not serve alcohol, so keep that in mind if you want to have a drink at the bar in the evening! We would definitely stay here again, even though there are more glamorous places in Dubai.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MiliPop
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn from your review that you enjoyed your stay with us and highly appreciate your positive comments with regards to our culinary offerings as well as the hospitality you have experienced.

Yerevan, Armenia
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed for 1 night just 2 days ago. Wonderful hotel! Very clean and comfortable rooms. The sleep quality was just awesome (just like with all Rotana hotels). Late check-in was fast, and with no problems. Can't judge on the breakfast, as I left very early in the morning, and didn't have a chance to eat. There is a 24h cafe on the ground floor that I visited, though, and they had a variety of cocktails, coffee, desserts and sandwiches. Again, nice staff and quite delicious food 'n drinks.
What makes this hotel very special is its location. Within minutes' walks from Union Metro station, and surrounded with a lot of shops, cafes and restaurants, it's in a very comfortable area.
Overall, loved this hotel. I'll come back for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn from your review that you enjoyed your stay with us and highly appreciate your positive comments with regards to our culinary offerings and service and have shared the same with my team.