“Best lunch for a while” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gaucho

Gaucho
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaucho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #289 of 9,408 Restaurants in Dubai
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best lunch for a while”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have been here a couple of times this year, though I would check it out again on my way back through Dubai, so had a business lunch there. Excellent service throughout, excellent food, I do so recommend the Picana here, rare - medium rare of course...had prawns from Argentina (apparently) to start which were great too. Was going to skip dessert, however, on the insistence of our charming Spanish waitress, we had to try a selection, and I have to say the cheesecake and dark chocolate balls were sublime...well done Gaucho on being consistently good...

1 Thank RichardUpshall

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Very loud!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Visited here for dinner with friends not realising there would be a DJ playing very loud music. The evening was spoilt as we could not really hold a conversation. The steaks were average and a little over-priced. Not for me, I will not be back.

Visited October 2012
london
“Always the best steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Wanted to eat a great steak so went to Gaucho and not disappointed . Greater at the entrance by the lovely Paula and she and her colleagues made my self and my business client feel very at home. Class interior and has a very good cigar bar. Very civilised in deed.

Thailand
“Excellent and friendly service, don't be put off by trendy decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This restaurant has it all, dark ambient mood bar, high style decor, but warm and friendly staff, and of course the finest food and wine. It's hard to think of it as a chain restaurant, and it in no way feels like one. Beef is imported from Argentina, and some wines are from their own vineyards in Argentina, majestically and enthusiastically detailed and described by Marina, the sommelier, whose passion for her wines is alone worth a visit to Gaucho. You would never know that there could be so many differently tasting wines just from the Malbec grape. If you don't allow yourself to be overawed on arrival by the vibe (cool decor, music, quite trendy clientele), you will soon warm to the place as the staff work their magic on you. They are skilled in taking you through the menu (necessary on first visit), and all are clearly very well trained (most of them first work in UK Gaucho restaurants, I believe). I won't go through the menu and wine list, you can find it on the Gaucho Dubai website easily enough. I just recommend the place wholeheartedly.

• Visited August 2013
Sheffield, England
“I'm converted.....!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

After visiting Gaucho off Regent Street in London I was looking forward to trying the Gaucho Dubai in late 2011. I wasn't impressed. However, a good friend who knows the sommelier, Alex, persuaded me to go back. So I went big and let my boss take our team there.

Not only did Alex stay at work for the evening when he was going to take the evening off, he ensured that we were looked after to a 5 star standard.

The wine was beautiful, decanted, and we got a brief history on its origin for our money. The bottle we chose was good value too - not much more than you'd pay in London (I'm told by my wine expert boss!) which is a novelty for Dubai.

The cerviche sampler was fresh and tasty, the marinated ribeye steak was melt in the mouth and the salted caramel dolce leche dessert was the b*llocks!!

I was pleasantly surprised and best of all so was my boss! Thanks Alex! :-)

Big thank u to Alex :-)