“Business stay and shopping”

Landmark Grand Hotel
Ranked #243 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and good hotel it was good for shopping-near Algarir mall and near riggah metro station & the resturant of the hotel was very good. And.
. Room is nice and convenient
I strongly recommend for you to stay thier for shopping and as a stop hotel in Dubai

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank nawaf555427
There are newer reviews for Landmark Grand Hotel

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband in may. Room was good and clean. Bathroom was clean but could have been bigger. I had free wifi in room but it was too slow and timed out often. Breakfast was fine, a bit limited and repetitive. Hotel is close to AlGuraih mall and there's also a park behind the hotel where kids and adults can play in the evenings. Nice hotel and value for money. I can stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Great location
Good value for money
Genuine service

Special thanks to John on reception!

I came here during Ramadan and was initially worried there would be nothing to do until i went to the travel desk in the hotel.

Straight out on a dessert safari
this is a must.

Enjoyed the pool on the roof!

Location, Location, location

Sky rail 3min walk
Shopping center 2 min walk
Supermarket 1 min walk

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank pskc888
LandmarkGrand, General Manager at Landmark Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Sirs

I must say it was our pleasure to have you all in our hotel . I am glad that you enjoyed Dubai and for sure will be back again to Dubai and to the Landmark Grand Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you once again

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spent one night in this hotel. We booked because price was attractive and reviews were good. We didn't regret it : rooms are super comfy and very big. Location of the hotel is perfect and it was very quiet.
We had some troubles during check in : the 2 ladies at the reception were very disorganized and at first, they did not find my booking. It was not possible to pay with my credit card and they didn't accept my foreign money... it took us 50 minutes to check in... after a loooooong trip from Asia, I would have preferred to get a room faster.
We wanted to buy a big bottle of water from the restaurant of the hotel, they insisted on sending their staff to bring it to our room, it never arrived :-)
We asked the reception to get a taxi for us and they asked a taxi... with no meter... we paid our course 2 times the real price (receptionist certainly gets a commission). So we didn't ask anything anymore to the reception and it was finally much better this way :-)
Apart from these minor inconvenience, we had a good stay.

In summary : great place, great hotel, great rooms, great location, great price, don't expect anything from the staff and it will be a perfect stay !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank diveinkohlipe

Dear Sir

Great to hear that you had a wonderful stay at the Hotel and we also take a note of the few valid points which you have mentioned . We shall definitely look into the matter and I am sure you will see the improvement when you visit next.

Look forward to welcoming you once again

Kutty Menon

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Just got back this morning from a lovely stay at the landmark grand , upgraded to a junior suite for are anniversary which was much appreciated .
Small pool but did the job!!
Great breakfast loads of choices
Clean hotel with friendly staff
Supermarket facing cheap
Metro station fantastic , union stop green line so easy to understand
Thanks landmark for a lovely stay

2  Thank suemoo35

Dear Sir

Pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay at the Landmark Grand Hotel . We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here only for 2 nights n since I gonna go to skydive in the second day of staying so that I asked for arranging a taxi for me. the taxi is overpriced n the driver kept promoting his trips which was very annoying. when I returning back to the hotel, I got another taxi and it was 2/3 price of the first one I took. it is totally cheating! so that DON'T ask for a taxi from the hotel! When I returned to the hotel I got another taxi, unfortunately I only got the largest notes and the driver didnt got enough changes. I asked the hotel for changing my note in smaller a notes but they said they don't got enough money! how come a five stars hotel doesn't got enough changes for a 500note? that's terrible and the staffs never gonna help you!!!!! the SECURITY eventually helped me to change my note in bank so that to pay for the taxi. The staffs here never smile to you n they become deaf when you asked for help, really UNHELPFUL. The service is really poor here. but the room dinning is quite nice n the location is good. the room is big.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank munich1234567
LandmarkGrand, General Manager at Landmark Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Sir

First of all I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the luxury car which actually dose not belong to the hotel. Nevertheless, since they operate under our umbrella , we take the responsibility and assure you the same shall be addressed.

I am glad that you took advantage of the great location of the hotel and enjoyed seeing Dubai .

I look forward to welcoming you once again

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel just for 1 night. Made booking through a website @AED 218 (including tax) with breakfast included. The price was low probably because of Ramadan.

Everything went well with my booking, check-in was not too quick but no complaints.

The hotel is neat and clean, rooms are of reasonable size and bath room has all the amenities. Tea / Coffee making facility was available in the room. The bed was very comfortable and I had a very sound sleep. One possible issue for couples could be that the two single beds were joined to form one king bed. Do make a check when you book/check-in.

Breakfast was quite good with a reasonable variety. It was surely 4* standard.

The swimming pool on the roof is rather small, however, it is good enough to relax. Gym is adequate for normal work-out.

Metro station is @ 3-4 minutes walk. Behind the hotel is Al Ghurair City which is a big shopping mall. There are many restaurants/eating places in shopping center as well as on the road outside.

Although hotel's main entrance is not on the main rain, Taxi was easily made available by hotel staff.

Overall I am happy to recommend this hotel, especially in view of low price.

Room Tip: As mentioned in the review, two single beds were joined to form one single bed in my room. If you ar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JavedAhmed

Dear Sir

Thank you for your comments and very glad to know that you had a very happy and relaxing stay at our hotel . Like you have said , all of our guest have also commented of the great location , proximity to Metro Station , walkable distance to one of Dubai's Biggest Mall " The Al Ghurair centre" , the proximity to Creek & Spice souk , all these makes the hotel a center spot in Dubai.

When it comes to safety , I can assure you that Dubai is probably one of the safest place on earth, probably the reason why people wants to come back again and again.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to Landmark Grand