“The foundation of the memorable trip :)”

Ranked #257 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I visited Dubai in November, 2012. I had a pre-booked accommodation in Landmark Grand from 25th Nov to 28th Nov. The hotel has excellent rooms. The ones facing the main road give you a mesmerizing view of Dubai. The staff not to mention was very cordial and best behaved. The breakfasts were yum. The hotel sported a spa, sauna and pool which added to the luxury. The Union metro station is just 5 minutes by walk. There was complimentary drop to the airport. All processes were smooth and prompt. Well and the Dhow cruise was complimentary for people staying in this hotel.
Truly recommended if you are not on a very lavish trip and yet want to have best quality stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sivani_Nanda
LandmarkGrand, General Manager at Landmark Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Sivani Nanda

Thank you for your feed back and glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay here with us.

Its a pleasure to hear that our service were excellent and our staff has taken the extra step to make your stay comfortable, this is some thing which we try to improve on a day to day basis. .

It is also very interesting to note that you took adavantage of the Union Metro (the only Metro in Deira where one can board the Red line & Green Line at the same time ) which is just next to us and one can travel to any part of Dubai with out changing station , thus giving the guest staying at the Landmark Grand a unique advantage.

I look forward to welcoming you again to Dubai and to the Landmark Grand.

Kutty Menon

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this comfortable, spacious and clean hotel. We used Taxis to get around Dubai as they are very cheap. However, on 3 occasions the hotel staff put us in taxis that drove off and then refused to start the meter. After it happened the first time, we insisted that we only wanted a taxi that would use meter, however the hotel staff continued to hail us taxis that refused to start the meter. I would suggested walking onto the main road and hailing your own Taxi.
On the up side, the breakfast was good and the staff mostly helpfull. We arrived after a very long flight at 7am. The hotel made our room available to us at 9am even thou check-in isn't until 2pm . We were very greatfull as we were very tiered after the flight.
The hotel organised for us to go on a Desert Safari, it was exellent, one of the highlights of our time in Dubai!
If you are happy to stay in this area of Dubai, then i would highly recomend the hotel, however if i was to return to Dubai, i would prefer to stay near the Mall of Dubai. Dubai is a very spread out city, and we found there wasn't much in walking distance to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shelly_8181
LandmarkGrand, General Manager at Landmark Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Shelly

It was a pleasure to go thru your comments and take the positive as well as negative points and improve upon as we strongly believe the guest feed back is the best way forward. Having said that , we have taken a note of the taxi points you have mentioned and you will for sure see the changes in your next visit .

On the attraction around the hotel , i must say there are plenty to see for eg, the Dubai creek is just few minutes walk from the hotel where you can take a small Gandola ride and tavel to Bur Dubai ( This is the easiest way to go to Bur Dubau ) , then you have the Spice Souk which is another few minutes walk from the hotel. The Beauty of Landmark Grand Location is the Proximity to UNION METRO STATION which is just a stone throw distance from the hotel where you can board both the RED & the GREEN line and travel to any part of Dubai. In fact Landmark Grand is the only 4 star Hotel just next to the Union Metro and thus a great advantage to all the guest staying here.

Once again i would like to thank you for choosing the Landmark Grand for your stay in Dubai and i look forward to welcome you in the future.

Kutty Menon

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Nice and decent hotel well located in centre of city and junction of both metro lines. Metro is within walking distance. Swimming pool though stated is very small. Within walking distance of shopping mall and food places.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mkablr
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear mkabir

Thank you for your good comments regarding your recent stay in our Landmark Grand Hotel in October 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a good stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything that Dubai is about.

As a new hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guests. Thank you for your great comments regarding our great location situated in between two metro lines which will take you anywhere in Dubai as well as being located in an area full of great malls and restaurants.

Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again very soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Before travelling I contacted the hotel by email to arrange transfers. Replies were very quick , helpful and friendly. This excellent service continued during our 3 day stay. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. The hotel is in quick walking distance to a transit terminal. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MartinFromPerth

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in our Landmark Grand Hotel in October 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything that Dubai is about.

I am very pleased that your expectation were met and that you had a good stay. It is great to see our team were there to tend to your needs and make your time with us that much better. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

As a new hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your great comments regarding our spacious rooms and all our facilities that we offer from our gym and sauna as well as our great location.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel has a very good potential to be an excellent hotel but there are some gaps which need to be worked on and the most important is training of staff, they are nice but not really professional in the level you expect, check in/out was a time taking process for me when I did reservation online and surprisedly the room I had asked for was not ready.I found a small alive insect in my room, staff changed my room but their reaction was more confusing and "now what should I do". In general if you are a family and want a good hotel in Dubail I can recommend this hotel, but they really need to improve the soft part of their team because they already have a very good infrastructure.this review is based on my experience of traveling more than 40 times to Dubail in last 8 years and about 50 countries all around the world

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Jaymzad

I am very pleased that your expectation were met regarding the hotel and that you had a good stay. Your comments are noted regarding the extra training you feel we should put into our staff, thank you for your comments and we will certainly look into providing our team with extra training to help them to meet our guest expectations.

As a new hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guests. Thank you for your great comments regarding our rooms and all our facilities that we offer from our gym and sauna as well as our great location.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in Feb 2012, over all stay was so comfortable, reception on day one by the staff was very welcoming, rooms are spacious enough with cozy king size beds but bathrooms are a bit small with no bathrobes neither slipper although the rooms looks luxury somehow.

Breakfast Buffet was average as it's poor and lacks option, the hotel is located adjusting to the famous busy Rigga Street in Deira - Dubai with walking distance to Union Metro Station and Al-Ghurair Mall, however since the hotel is behind the main road some taxi drivers cannot find it easily.

Room Tip: The standard room is just fine for everyone.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Samer A
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Samer A

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in our Landmark Grand Hotel in February 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything that Dubai is about.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The main thing that lets this hotel down is what attracted me in the first place. Pool, Sauna, Steam room etc. Room OK, Breakfast OK, Cleaner Very good. After unpacking I thought I would go to have a nice sauna, steam and swim. When I arrived I was informed that I need to give them notice to use the Sauna and steam room as they swith it off so you need to wait 15 mins while they switche everything on. I've never expereinced this before. Anyway i thought I would go for a swim while it all got switched on. When I arrived at the pool I thought I was in a 1 star hotel. There was one guy swimming and jumping in wearing his brown stained UNDERPANTS and the other guy was swimming around in tracksuit bottoms. not a nice place to be as you can imagin. I did tell the person in charge but he did not seem to care and just let them carry on. The internet is 100DHS for 24hrs however you need to buy for every device IE, your phone, Ipad, Laptop etc. I went to print my bordeing pass and they wanted me to pay for yet another passcode. Shocking. wont be staying again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Frontlinefrenchy
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Frontlinefrenchy

I was very disappointed to read your review and find out that you did not enjoy your stay at our new Landmark Grand Hotel and we failed to meet your expectations.

Firstly I need to assure you that this sort of service is not the normal standard our guests can expect at our Landmark Grand Hotel. I am truly sorry you felt your experience in our sauna, spa and swimming pool area did not meet your expectations, clearly we did not meet your expectations in this respect.

I was very shocked to read about the other guests swimming in tracksuits and non-swimming attire and as you mentioned one of my staff member seeing to not be interested. I have immediately reported this to my General Manager as this sort of service is definitely not acceptable. I would really like to apologize for this and I am confident this was a one off as this is truly not our normal practice here at Landmark Hotels and Suites.

Regarding the internet, we have various packages for our guest to choose from which suits their needs. All this information is available and explained in the In room directory. I am however very surprised that my front office team would not accommodate you in printing off your boarding pass instead of charging you. I will make sure I pass these comments on to my Front Office Manager.

Frontlinefrenchy as you can see by our many positive reviews here on Tripadvisor regarding Landmark Grand Hotel we have really come up short on meeting your expectations and for that I am truly sorry and I would really like to get in touch directly with you and personally rectify this.

What disappoints me most is that my team did not rectify any complaints made by you during your stay.

I look forward to be given the opportunity to communicate with you, where you will allow me the opportunity to discuss your stay with us.

C.E.O.