“A great location for a good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai

Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai
Ranked #115 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Great Easton, United Kingdom
“A great location for a good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights and can happily say that I really enjoyed my stay.

The hotel is situated right in front of the Emirate Towers metro station (don't worry there's no noise from it!) and as such, is perfectly placed to give you access to all of the major sites. I was here for business at the world trade centre and it was brilliant for getting in and out of the exhibition with minimal fuss. Similarly you are only a few stops from the Dubai mall and the imperious Burj Khalifa.

For me, the best thing about the hotel was my room. The room was spacious and immaculate with all of the mod cons you could need. The bathroom was brilliant, with a huge bath set in front of shutters which opened in to the room (perfect for lying back and watching the swivelling TV) and an enormous waterfall-esque shower. The bed was comfy with a variety of pillows catering to all preferences. Something that I did like was a safe that I could actually fit my laptop inside (something of a rarity for some reason). The views over the sea were great, and my colleague has a great view down the road towards the Burj.

Sadly I only got to make use of the gym and swimming pool once. Its a shame as both were very good indeed, most notably the infinity pool with views out towards the coast.

I only ate breakfast in the hotel, but this was one of the better breakfast buffets I've had. A nice range catering for all tastes.

On the whole the staff were very helpful and they couldn't have been happier to help out with any requests (like getting me an ironing board).

I would happily recommend this to anyone looking to head to Dubai!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
MuinS, General Manager at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear YiyanEvans,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a detailed review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai.

I was extremely delighted to read your feedback and especially your kind words about our associates who exceeded your expectations.

It will be my pleasure to share your appreciation with my team as we all look forward to serving you in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your time and I’m happy that our hotel services and facilities made a difference.

Email: muin.serhan@mill-plazadubai.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel is right next to a metro station and is very handy for local offices, restaurants and bars. My room was on the 39th floor and had great views out towards the sea. The room was huge and the shower was great although it was difficult tower it to a comfortable temperature. The executive lounge was a bit bare and the breakfast selection was not good.

1 Thank SBMJ222
MuinS, General Manager at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai.

I’m happy to learn that our location as well as the room facilities met your expectations.

As for our Club Lounge - what we currently offer is more or less the same in club lounges of 5-star hotels, however, I’m grateful to you for bringing this matter to my attention as feedbacks always let us know what kind of betterments and in what areas our guests would like to see.

We are constantly keen to enhance the way we run the hotel and with great loyal guests like you we are able to reach our targets.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at Millennium Plaza Hotel, Dubai for three nights. I have nothing but to say that it was excellent in many ways. Getting there is convenient. Getting out from there to a mall or to other place and to the airport so easy..! Dubai Metro is just single step away...no need to hop and jump..!
Breakfast spread had excellent variations too, staff; nothing but friendly and helpful. They had no issues to offer me extra two hours of free check-out time including holding my bags in seclusion until I returned to collect them much later in the day.
Rooms are quite spacious and fresh..I have no hesitation in recommending Millennium Plaza Hotel, Dubai to all business and other travelers..!!
Good show guys, wish you all the very best.
Regards
Janaka from Sri Lanka

Room Tip: My room was on the 38th floor over looking the rear side of Sheik Zayed Road - with ocean view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MuinS, General Manager at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Janaka H,

Greetings from Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai, your home away from home!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time taken to write your review - I’m delighted to read every word of it and happy to know that your stay with us was an enjoyable one.

With great pleasure I will pass your regards and motivational feedback to my colleagues as we all look forward to serving you soon on your next trip to Dubai.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I travel a lot on business, and have stayed in many fine hotels across the world, but none give me as warm a welcome as the Millenium Plaza Dubai.

From the moment I arrive in reception, every single member of staff makes me feel so welcome. I think I have stayed here around 40 nights in the past 12 months, and the level of service has been superb every time!

It's really hard to pick out stars amongst the staff - only because there are so many of them! Mr Muin has assembled an excellent team! Any problems - and you would expect something in such a busy hotel - are dealt with promptly and with a minimum of fuss.

The rooms are lovely - well fitted out and most spacious - and the views are tremendous. My favourite has to be in the 59th floor, overlooking the sea.

This is my most favourite hotel in the world - and I am counting down the days until my next trip!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MuinS, General Manager at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Jeff_Lockhart,

It's my turn to say......"wow". This is perhaps the nicest and most detailed review we've ever received. I'm so glad to read that we took very good care of you and extended business relation.

This is a beautiful hotel, no question. But for many of our guests it is no more impressive than their homes, in fact in a number of cases, less impressive. So highly personal and anticipatory service is what's going to impress here. Not bricks, mortar and wood or even BARS. This is our passion and focus.

We hire truly wonderful people, train them well, then let them be themselves. We don't script them. They serve from the heart.

Thank you for recognizing our staff so positively. So glad we're going to be YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME.

Look forward to meeting you in person.

High Peak Derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights on business in January 13. The check in very very slow and message previosly left by a colleague was not passed on by reception staff. |\i stayed on the 57th floor, the room was very modern, large and comfortable, with a unique bathroom arrangement. There were 70 TV channels on 360 degree swivelling TV, impressive views from the window, good selection of food at breakfast, there was a large gym for cardio work not much for weight training, decent spa and pool, the hotel is close to amenities of emirates towers and metro.
Negative points: hot water took 5-10 mins to get hot, poor shower layout, insufficient tea and coffee in room,on the second morning the queue for breakfast was over 10 minutes before getting seated. Internet to the room was AED 20 for 1 hour, the hotel has no bar, and the check out was very slow and confused.

Room Tip: Get up early to avoid breakfast queue, rooms high up have great view but poor hot water supply
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MuinS, General Manager at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback in regards to your stay with us at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai.

I totally agree with you, as a busy hotel we may face delay in check-ins/check-outs as it may take some time, therefore, we’ve introduced an express check-out, which my colleagues at the Reception will help you with on your next visit to our hotel.

As for the water issue – please let me apologize for the experienced inconvenience and inform you that we’ve re-programmed the channels and the wait has been reduced to the accepted timing.

We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in November 2012. The hotel has a lot to commend it. The location is good and it is right next to the "Emirates Towers" station on the Dubai metro. The rooms are spacious, cool and quiet. Ask for a room on the ocean side - excellent views. Restaurant has an extensive and tasty buffet choice at lunchtime and in the evenings, and there is a simple but pleasant coffee shop at the lobby level. However, avoid the high floors - there is a frequent failure of the hot water system. In-room WIFI is somewhat slow and not always reliable.

Room Tip: Go for a low-mid room on the ocean side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MuinS, General Manager at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Daniel,

I would like to thank you for taking time and updating your reviews.

As you have experienced our rooms start from 26th floor to 61st floor with wonderful view of the city of Dubai from different sides. During your stay we have enhanced our technical facilities which now doesn't affect and services on higher floors. Seeing Dubai from 50 or 60th floor gives a different experience.

It is great to know that you have experienced our buffet restaurant Metro while you stay with us and did enjoy. Recently we opened Al Mashrabia, an authentic Emirati Restaurant at mezzanine level of the hotel which delivers local cuisine.

Mr. Daniel, once again thank you very much for your comments and please do contact me directly for any further assistance. Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

muin.serhan@mill-plazadubai.com
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very comfortable, beds very relaxing. Porter staff very friendly and helpful, management / reception staff not that great. We had a few issues with the room not being cleaned and towels replaced, no hot water for a whole day etc and despite promises to call us back, nobody ever did, so it became a bit frustrating at times. They had planned maintenance on the hot water system through the middle of the day and evening which meant no shower or bath before going out in the evening ( poor planning).
Breakfasts quite basic, very busy and ran out of various selections quite quickly.
Wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Shaunsutton
Dear Mr. Sutton,

Many thanks for writing a review on TripAdvisor.com regarding your recent stay at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai.

It is sad to know that you have encountered above mentioned challenges during your stay. We were enhancing our technical facilities and message was delivered to guest rooms a night earlier. I apologies for short notice and shared your comments with my team as well.

Mr. Sutton, as confirmed to you by our Front Office Manager and your profile is already updated that you will be upgraded to the Club floor with club lounge access on your upcoming stay. You may either contact me directly for any further assistance on the below mentioned.

Once again, thank you very much for taking time and updating us on your valuable comments. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

(Muin.serhan@mill-plazadubai.com)