“Short stay in Dubai”

Ranked #175 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Short stay in Dubai”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Good location close to marina, 5 minute walk to the back of the Marina Mall. Handy place to sit outside and have a coffee and watch the world go by on Shiek Zayed Road which is very close.
Pool is OK, Gym is good, staff are friendly. Lots of Russian guests staying there.
Breakfast buffet is OK but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We're pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Marina View. We are also grateful to receive your kind comments.

The team at Marina View works round the clock and takes pride in providing personalized services for the satisfaction of our guests.

We thank you once again for your feedback. It will be our pleasure to host you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Marina View Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Barely any hot water, leaking something in the bathroom, feet hung off the end of a twin share bed (and I'm only 5"10) & it's just not worth it. Just to add to experience, the staff weren't particularly friendly or helpful.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Justin L
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, May 4, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback.

We deeply regret to know that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us.

We’ve made a note of your comments and we’ll be conducting an investigation about all the mentioned issues, as in Marina View Hotel Apartments, our guest satisfaction always comes first.

Glasgow
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a very nice two week stay in the Marina View and cannot fault them at all. Prior to our arrival we had arranged an airport transfer through the hotel but unfortunately this did not happen. Not a very good start as we arrived in Dubai at 2.30 in the morning and the last thing we needed after a seven and a half hour flight. We contacted the hotel from the airport but no one seemed to know anything about this which was rather frustrating! We made our own way to the hotel and after a couple of days, managed to speak to the guy who supposedly arranged the transfer. True to his word, he did contact the company who were arranging this and admitted it was their fault, however, this was rectified and a free return transfer to the airport was arranged. The rooms were spotless and bed linen and towels changed every day. Staff in all areas of the hotel were very friendly and helpful. We had a problem with the water in the wash hand basin in the toilet not draining away, this was reported to reception and within minutes, someone was there to repair it. Hotel is ideally located for marina and the metro. Would certainly recommend this hotel and would return ourselves.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, April 30, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback.

However, we regret to know that you experienced a problem because of the airport transfer.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and were happy with it. The hotel is located in the Dubai Marina, which is a distance to the shopping malls and other tourist attractions, however the train station is a short walk away and we were able to get to most places using this.

The hotel was able to accommodate our early morning arrival, and the rooms were modern and spacious with a small kitchen and washer/dryer. Wifi is available at a minimal price. The only downside was the bathroom walls could have used with a wipe down more regularly as they weren't as clean as they could be. The rest of the bathroom and room was fine.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We appreciate your valuable feedback regarding the bathroom wall.
Thank you for bringing the issue to our awareness.

London
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The toilet smelt. When we complained nothing was done, didn't bother making a fuss as we were only there for a short stay, wouldn't go back. On leaving, I complained again at how poor our experience had been, the staff were very concerned and helpful, took all the details and assured me a manager would be informed and contact me...I heard nothing.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Maryam A
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, April 19, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback.

We regret to know that you experienced problems during your stay with us.

We’ve made a note of your comments and we’ll be conducting an investigation about those issues, as in Marina View Hotel Apartments, our guest satisfaction always comes first.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here for 8 days from the 8th April 2014. The room and general hotel areas were ok but a little tired and carpets in hallways dirty etc. Location is good for the metro and beach is about a 10 minute walk. Most of the staff are helpful however we had one major problem and the General Manager has no understanding of customer service.

My stay was for part business and part holiday with my wife (who is disabled) and my 7 year old son. When I booked they were aware I had a young child with me. One evening we returned to our room to find a letter saying that there would be a staff party to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of the hotel the following evening. The party would be by the pool between 7.30pm - midnight. My room was on the 2nd floor directly above the pool area and DJ equipment.

The previous day they had been testing the equipment by the pool at about 5pm, however the music and language was inappropriate for that time as there were children in the pool. The GM didn't seem too bothered that his hotel was playing music with extreme swear words by a family pool during the day.

On the night of the party we returned to the room at about 9.30pm to find the music was very loud along with people being on the mic presenting awards etc. When I went to reception they said we could move to another room, but when I saw that room it was smaller then the one we had and also above the main road which was very noisy also. We chose to stay in our original room and put up with the noise until midnight as we were tired and didn't want to pack up all our things at 10pm. I also had some work to finish. The music was so loud that we could sleep at all.

At 12.20 am the music was still playing loudly, when I rang down to reception they said they would turn it off immediately, 10 minutes later it was still playing. I went to pool area at 12.30am and spoke to the GM to ask them to stop the music. It was turned off. When I got back to the room I was just about getting to sleep when I had a knock at the door, it was a member of staff saying I had ordered two bottles of water, which I hadn't. It was obviously done because I had complained.

When I spoke to the GM in subsequent correspondance he has been very dismissive and sarcastic in his responses. He has even lied about the music finishing at midnight exactly despite me having video evidence of the music still playing loudly at 12.23am. He has also said the hotel was full that evening, despite me seeing another room we could have moved to.

His offer of compensation extended to a free breakfast and one free night to use between May-September. This was after me saying I didn't want his breakfast and I would not be back in Dubai during those months. This is not satisfactory or acceptable to me. I have asked for one night to be refunded as they took full payment upfront. They have refused this so clearly they are just after as much money as they can get even if they provide a sub-standard service.

The fact is they did not notify me of the party when I book or when I checked in. They then gave me room next to the party knowing I had a young child with me. The GM didn't give me the option of choosing to book somewhere else at time of booking, if I had known about the party I would have booked elsewhere as I wanted a quiet break.

The way the GM has handled the situation is appalling and I wouldn't believe any of his comments when he says he is addressing complaints or feedback.

I would not recommend this hotel due to the fact that there is a huge lack of understanding about good customer service from the senior management.

Room Tip: Find out if they have any staff parties or functions planned in the hotel before you book. If they d...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank ALAN W
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014

we booked the marina view for a week and was very disappointed we had asked for a high room sea view non smoking and early check in we got third floor motorway view non smoking and no early check in the whole hotel looks tired and in need of a revamp all the corridors are very dark carpets were dirty our room decor was orange and dark wood which makes it look dated the bath had no plug and there is a constant noise of the motorway. the breakfast was a farce non laid tables trunks tee shirts and flip flops seem to be the dress code the pool is noisy with loud music playing The plus sides location is ideal to the beach trains and the marina but not much else going for it not worthy of a four star rating i would give it two stars so won't return or recommend this hotel to others

Room Tip: you could ask for high room away from the motorway
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sproutman
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback.

We deeply regret to know that you experienced those problems during your stay with us.

We’ve made a note of your comments and we’ll be conducting an investigation about those issues. At Marina View, our guest satisfaction always comes first.

Regarding high-floor & sea view request, Please be informed that assigning rooms is always subject to availability and we can't always guarantee the availability of certain room requirements.