“Needs good management” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #167 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
belgium
“Needs good management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Arrived late at night and was asked to pay immediately for my stay. No explanation about the hotel and its ammenities. Got room 1301 with no marina view as asked. We informed the front desk at once but they told us to wait till the next morning. Couldn't sleep due to the elevators going up and down all night long as they were next to the room. The next day we got the promise for another room, room 904, with marina view. Took the housekeeping about three hours to clean the room ? Finally I got angry, told them that I hadn't been able to sleep all night long and all of a sudden the room was clean ?
Michelle at front desk was very kind though. Finally got installed in room 904 around 4 pm , which meant that we lost one day just to get the room we booked in advance.
At the pool you need a towel card to get a beach towel. The towel card was normally provided while checking in, but they forgot to give us these at check in. The pool boy was nice, helped us with the sunbeds.
Cleaning of the room was OK.
There is a hairdresser and a small shop in the hotel. We once had dinner at the hotel's restaurant but that was nothing special.
The location is great, close to the metro station (600 meters), the Marina Mall (400 meters). Lots of Russian tourists in the hotel but that is no surprise as lots of Russian people start spending their holidays in Dubai. We booked a one bedroom apartment. Next time in Dubai I guess we will find another hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room next to the elevator, ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Baldisbeautiful
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, we thank you for choosing to stay with Marina View Hotel Apartments during your recent trip to Dubai and for sharing your experience with us. Our hotel aims at offering a complete recreational spot and provides an easy access to various transport hubs and tourist attractions in the city.

We are disappointed to learn that the experience encountered by you was less than satisfying. We endeavor to provide our guests with utmost luxury and opulent comfort. It was, however, a rare incident and we regret the inconvenience caused. We will investigate the same and take corrective actions, wherever necessary. Our attentive and prompt staff makes consistent efforts in meeting even the slightest requirement of our esteemed guests. Our multi-cuisine restaurant serves global flavors to satisfy the appetite of our patrons.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback which has helped us raise the bar of our services. We hope that you would continue to stay our valued patron. It would be an honor for us to serve you yet again.

Marina View Hotel Appartments

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
inverness uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel from 25th February until 06th March 2013.
I had arranged an airport transfer before i left the UK with the hotel, & was quoted 150 AED.
On leaving the airport, i could not find this pre-arranged transfer driver. I walked up & down the line 3 times looking at all the hotel &/or name cards for arriving tourists, to no avail. I gave up & took a taxi to the hotel, for a price of 95 AED. Although my flight was the best part of an hour late arriving in Dubai, i never found out if the driver was even there.
Check-in was smooth, & bell staff helpful & polite.
I had booked a double bedded, pool view studio room, to be greeted with a twin bedded, apartment towerblock view. Housekeeping were at the room within minutes, & converted beds in to a double. Unfortunatly, they could do nothing about the view. I don't think any of the studio apartments have pool views.
Breakfast was OK but a bit same-ish, a fair selection on the buffet style - cold meats & cheeses, salads, yoguarts, choice of a couple of cereals & juices, tea/coffee, bread (for toast), croissants, muffins & preserves. Hot buffet selection of 6/7 items, but only barely warm (@ 07:00). Staff on duty at breakfast a bit hit & miss. Some seem to walk about aimlessly & without purpose, while vacated tables remain of used crockery. Only once i was asked for room number, & asked to sign the bill, even though i had breakfast most days. If you don't sign for it, you don't get charged, simple as that !!!! There is a serious lack of supervision/training for breakfast staff, & this, unfortunatly, lets the hotel down. I did not try the restaurant at lunch / dinner, so cannot comment if service improved during the day.
Room service slightly confusing with prices. Room service menu listed one price, while the hotel information folder listed a different set of prices. Some are more expensive in one menu, & less expensive in the other. Check your bill before signing on room service delivery.
Room service staff very polite, pleasant, & quick - excellent service.
On the two issues above, i did write to Mr Moussa (general manager), to outline these 'observations'. He kindly replied, & informed me that a meeting with department heads was called, & staff not up to scratch would be disciplined.
I just think a manager / supervisor is needed on duty at breakfast times.
I would be interested to know from fellow travellers if this has been improved.
Saying all that, the hotel is very comforable, & spotless. Housekeeping staff do a fabulous job.
I started in room 902, which i felt was good for the single traveller, but rather on the small side for two persons. Unfortunatly, the a/c stopped working. I called reception & Michelle had arranged the engineers immediate arrival. On confirmation it had broked down (hey, these things happen), i was transferred to room 1116. All of this was within 20 mins - many thanks Michelle.
Although the room had the same view, it was slightly larger & felt airyer. Room are equipped wiith all you need for an apartment - fridge, freezer, microwave, hob, kettle, toaster, pans, utensils, crockery, & washer/dryer. There is also iron & board, & laptop compatible safe in the room. In the bathroom is hairdryer, shaving point, shaving / make-up mirror is provided.
Tea / coffee, coffee whitener, & 1 litre bottle of mineral water, is also provided on check-in.
However, these are not replenished during your stay, & although hotel prices for these are slightly high, there are local grocery stores nearby, & a Waitrose supermarket in the Marina Mall - about a 5 - 10 min walk away.
Pool towles are provided, but get a 'towel card' from reception first. Exchange card for towels(s) at pool, & visa versa when finished for the day. There is no charge for the card, although it is recorded against your room number, so it could probably be an expensive souvenier if you don't return upon ceck-out.
Pool & area are spotlessly clean. Many thanks to Anand, the pool guy. Always with a smile on his face, always willing to help & assist, & always interested in what you have to say. Great to have music by the pool also. Takes away the noise of traffic from the extremely busy Sh. Zayed Road, & the contruction. There are four construction site visible from the pool, one next door to the hotel. Considering this, noise seems to be kept to a minimum. Or i was just lucky with the profession of the trades during my stay.
The hotel also has a small souvenier shop (that also sells individual packets of cigarettes & chocolate - for the addicts, like me !!). There is a gym, sauna & barber shop on the first floor. A hair & beauty salon, & business centre on the ground floor. Internet access is 10 AED for an hour.
All in all, a great stay, & on the whole, very pleasant, & efficient staff.
Would i stay again? Umm, once the room service menu prices have been recified, & the breakfast service staff trained in what they are doing, then yes, i probably would.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor - less noise from Sh. Zayed Rd. Pool view if you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank paul-vc63
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Paul,

We thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with us. It is a pleasure to know that you had a pleasant stay at Marina View Hotel Apartments. Our hotel is located in the city center, close to the airport, the Marina and the Marina Mall. Further, the hotel is at a walking distance from the supermarkets, healthcare shops and the eateries. The staff at the hotel takes special care of every guest and makes them feel at home in all possible ways. We are glad you found the services of our staff hospitable and cordial.

We express our gratitude for your acknowledgment of the easy check-in process, accommodation options and in-room amenities. We are pleased to know that you found the swimming pool area up to your expectations. The amenities and services offered are designed to meet the requirements of both business and leisure travelers.

We have noted certain concerns raised by you regarding the pricing of the room service menu and the service staff during breakfast. We would try our best to resolve the issue to prevent inconvenience in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again to Marina View Hotel Apartments Dubai.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Spacious and well equipped apartments, everything is catered for and the staff are very friendly. Perfectly positioned at the marina, yes it's on a main road but so is everything in Dubai!? It's part of the charm. Great pool with lovely Lebanese restaurant adjoining the pool.
The breakfast is my only criticism but I think that's more personal taste than a reflection of the product. Highly recommend

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with Marina View Hotel Apartments during your recent trip. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are located close to the Marina and in proximity to major tourist attractions. We offer a range of spacious accommodations to our guests to make their stay comfortable and homely.

The multi-cuisine restaurants in our hotel serve authentic selections of quality food. It is a pleasure to know that your experience at the Lebanese restaurant, The Cedar Tree, was satisfying. We will try and incorporate changes in the breakfast menu for an enhanced experience. Special acknowledgment for the efforts of the staff has been duly conveyed to them.

Once again, thank you for sharing the feedback. We hope that you continue to be our valued patron and honor us with the opportunity to serve you again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We just spent a week at Marina View as a stopping point before Australia, what a place!
The Location of Marina View was perfect for us. Its a 400m walk from the new train station 'Dubai Marina' which is very useful to get to and from everywhere like the airport, Khalifa, the Malls, Souks etc....
The train is excellent value. The trips are either $6.5D or $8.5D which is like £1.50... They are very clean and always on time. Watch out for the women and children only carriages though.
The hotel for us was a base to explore the city and if thats what you want to do, its perfect.
There is a small pool at the hotel we used but as some reviews say there is a bit of building work going on around the hotel. If you want to just lie around the pool then prob look at a hotel on the beach but if you want a base to explore..... Its a good choice.
The beach is only a 5 minute walk away. Its a public beach located on the JBH opposite the Movenpick Hotel. Very nice!
Must do in Dubai include:

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Nickpress
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with Marina View Hotel Apartments during your recent trip to Dubai. We express our heartfelt gratitude for sharing your experience with us on this public platform. Our hotel aims at offering a complete recreational spot to its discerning patrons and provides an easy access to the major tourist attractions in Dubai.

We are delighted to know that our recreational facilities were at par with your expectations. Our internationally trained staff makes consistent efforts in offering a wholesome experience. We take this opportunity to thank you for motivating us with your positive review. We would deem it a privilege to serve you again.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at the Marina View hotel with my 10 month baby girl for 4 nights in Feb 2013 - 6 to 10 Feb. I didn't care too much for the fake customer service, impatience and sarcasm of 2 of the morning front desk staff (2 guys) BUT the room was great, spacious, appreciated the washing machine/dryer and the rest of the staff were very pleasant. Special shout out to Michelle at the Front desk and Franklin, one of the bell boys. They were sooo lovely, so patient and helpful when I had problems with my internet (turned out that it was my computer's fault). Michelle always had a smile and was very patient - particularly when one night I called about 4 times as I kept forgetting to ask a question after I hung up each time. She also offered me a cot for my baby daughter. Franklin was also so efficient with helping me with my bags on my arrival and departure at the hotel. Always very courteous and respectful. In spite of the 2 morning guys, I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us with your baby girl at Marina View Hotel Apartments and for sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

At our luxury hotel apartments in Dubai, we strive to offer our patrons with a perfect amalgamation of luxury, comfort and convenience. With fully furnished rooms which are equipped with top-notch facilities, our focus is to make our guests feel at home in all ways possible. It is a delight to note that you found our rooms spacious and the amenities added a value to your stay. We are also very pleased to know that you found the services of our staff very pleasant. Your special appreciation has been duly noted and has been conveyed to the staff members.

Thank you once again for sharing your detailed feedback and look forward to hosting you and your family on your future visits to Dubai.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is in a reasonable location but looks out over a busy main road. It is not in the Marina as the name suggests - just near it.
My impressions of this hotel began as soon as I was checking in. My reservation could not be found and the problem could not be sorted out - it was 0230 in the morning and I had just stepped off a plane. An elderly couple next to me were distraught as they had obviously made a mistake booking the hotel on the internet twice and the front desk staff made them pay twice! It was clearly a misunderstanding.
During my stay it was clear that the staff have no empowerment to do anything - everything was 'we'll ask the manager and get back to you.. Sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't.

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels are better
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Matt H
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and your feedback. We are very disappointed to learn about the experience encountered by you and regret that your stay with us was not to your entire satisfaction.
We, at Marina View Hotel are committed towards providing you with the best guest experience. Under all circumstance our basic aim remains to welcome you with highest standards of quality and services. However, as far as the matter of our location is concerned, we would like to explain clearly that the hotel is named after the artificial canal city, Marina. Although the hotel is situated near the Marina, we do not claim to provide a view of the same.
Please be rest assured that we will use your feedback to improve the services at the front desk in all possible dimensions. Once again, we thank you for your comments and look forward to hosting you on all your visits to Dubai.

Menstrie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here for six days before being joined by Quine for a further five days. I asked for a quiet room and got a corner apartment, where the bedroom is isolated from connecting walls to other apartments. It was quiet. No complaints at all! The bed was huge and comfortable.

The staff were great. They were courteous and prompt. They were helpful. Amine on the front desk was great. He solved problems and got things done.

It is self-catering, and the apartment has everything you would need. The location is great for the Marina and for the Metro.

It is not a five-star hotel. It does what it does very well and allows you flexibility to eat in or out. You don’t have to fall into the routine of a hotel.

I am heading back to Dubai on business in a couple of days and the choice is between a seriously fancy hotel and these apartments. You know what, I quite fancy the apartments.

Room Tip: ask for a corner apartment.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing your stay with Marina View Hotel Apartments during your recent trip to Dubai. It was a privilege serving you with our world-class services and high standard facilities. As always, our focus is on creating a wholesome experience for our discerning guests with unparalleled hospitality and opulent comfort.

The unique location of the hotel plays a significant role in attracting the tourists from all over the world. The spacious and peaceful accommodation of Marina View with high-end facilities and modern décor proffers unmatched luxury. Our restaurant serves global flavors with some lip-smacking delicacies to tickle the most sensitive of taste buds. Special acknowledgement for the efforts of our staff has been duly conveyed to them. It is through patrons like you, that we are motivated to serve even better.

We once again thank you for providing us with such delightful comments on a public forum. We would be more than honored to serve you again.