“All the praise is well deserved”
Review of Table 9

Table 9
Ranked #181 of 9,665 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Table 9 is a unique concept restaurant in Dubai that has become a platform for talented chefs to create their own bespoke dining experience. Located in the Hilton Dubai Creek, table 9 has earned a reputation for high-quality, original menus and a personalized dining experience. The latest evolution introduces a brand new bistro-styled concept that guarantees a flavorsome indulgence. The range of starters is designed to encourage sharing and includes luscious options such as the Homesmoked Table 9 Salmon, organic quinoa & burrata salad or the infamous Steak Tartar that naturally leads to the main courses like the palate-pleasing Veal Tenderloin with smoked pumpkin puree & gremolata or the generous US Angus Prime Rib Eye with the homemade triple-cooked chips and béarnaise. When the culinary climax is reached the signature desserts like the Poached Grapes Panna Cotta or the Table 9 Rhubarb & Custard classic are sure to leave you intrigued for new adventures. This modern version of a casual-chic bistro welcomes you to an extraordinary experience whether it is a casual dinner with family and friends, a special occasion or a famous Dubai Brunch. Started in 2011 by Gordon Ramsay's protégés, Nick Alvis & Scott Price and later under the reign of Darren Velvick the restaurant has won several public and industry awards for its innovative approach to modern European cuisine.
Caloocan, Philippines
“All the praise is well deserved”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Whatever the restaurant lacks in decor, it makes up for in the passion being shared by everyone from the front of house staff all the way to the kitchen crew.

Such was our observation dining at Table 9 by Nick and Scott, a multi-awarded restaurant here in Dubai Hilton by the Creek. Eager to try a new restaurant for Valentine's Day, I decided to bring my wife to this place that's been garnering great reviews from different sites and lifestyle magazines here in Dubai. We were not disappointed. The venue is a bit off from areas where people usually go to for a night out, and since we live in JLT, we had to travel for about an hour through the evening rush to get to the restaurant. It doesn't matter though as we realized by the end of our dinner that it was all worth it.

The front of the house staff were professional, courteous and very accommodating. They were very efficient without losing their smiles and looking mechanical. All of them listened to our questions about the food and were ready to provide their recommendations when asked. We also felt that they gave just the right amount of attention to their guests as they don't crowd and bother you at all but is by your side in seconds once you indicate that you need assistance.

Kudos to the sommelier as well even though we didn't go for the wine pairing option as we kept overhearing him at the next table explaining in detail the wines being served. He exuded charm and confidence and is really articulate and knowledgeable.

The decor somewhat downplayed the vibe of the restaurant, though. I felt things could still be improved a lot. Having the view of the pass is a great concept as you can see and hear the kitchen bustling and grinding as they prepare their creations but the video being showed on the overhead projector is at a wrong angle and makes for very awkward viewing. It felt like it wants to show you something but just doesn't make exactly clear what it is. Anyway, I believe it should be improved and not removed. It's unique!

Oh, the food. The food was lovely. Table 9 offered a five course meal for Valentine's and each of the dishes were amazing. I mean, I can't even pronounce some of the dishes and their ingredients but leave me muttering "mmm, mmm, mmm" whenever I put a spoonful into my mouth. The warm, soft bread with the homemade butter and the sweetcorn based mush (that was how the waiter described it to us) served in a small flower pot that were compliments from the Chef were delectable. The bresaola, horseradish and foie gras induced in me a mouth-watering sensation that left me with a curious expression on my face. The turbot, pecan and cabbage for the main course was heavenly. My wife had the duck, cocoa and puffed rice and it was equally marvellous as well. The passion fruit with the coconut shavings put a smile to my face and made us want to strip our clothes off and head to a sunny beach, preferably somewhere in the Philippines. The strawberry & basil meringue was a sweet sight and delicious in a melt-in-your-mouth kind of way, while the rhubarb and custard just screamed fun the moment it reaches the tip of your tongue. The meal was a journey and my wife and I had a great time. We hope to be back.

Table 9 has been consistently garnering a slew of awards from different organizations and they also receive raving reviews from their diners. After visiting them last night, chalk us up as another couple who believes its all well-deserved and is expecting them to receive more and more recognition as they go along.

• Visited February 2013
HiltonPRDubai, Public Relations Manager at Table 9, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed review about table 9. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your night out with us and will let Nick, Scott and the team know that they helped you have such a great evening at table 9. I would also like to thank you for all your valuable feedback and we will definitely take it into consideration during our briefing. While you decide on your next visit do keep in touch with us on facebook.com/table9dubai & twitter.com/table9dubai.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“This is simply gorgeous”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We picked four starters and six mains between a group of 4 and the value was matched only by the excellent flavours and brilliant presentation. The pigs trotter (not easily found nor often ordered in the UAE) was stand out as was the short rib with five spices. As other reviewers have said the Hilton Dubai Creek might seem an unusual place to choose if you live in the JBR, Palm, Tecom Marina area but it was well worth the trip. The lolly trolly at the end is a great touch

• Visited February 2013
HiltonPRDubai, Public Relations Manager at Table 9, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and I’m delighted you had an amazing night at table 9. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and I am glad you enjoyed our homemade pick and mix sweets at the end. See you soon.
Spain
“make the effort to get to the Hilton on the Creek”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you are staying near the marina or Palm make the effort and get yourself down to Hilton on the Creek and visit TABLE 9. It may not be the grandest setting but the food is fantastic and I like the mixing and matching of the small portions. They may not look like alot but by the end you are stuffed. From the home baked bread with hand made butter to amouse boushe and sweet apetiser the whole meal was a delight plus the staff were so attentive and charasmatic. We've visited before and we'll be visiting again!!

• Visited February 2013
Warm greetings from table 9! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is comments like this that make us thankful that we have the chance to make such an impact on our guests having an evening out. Do spread the word about table 9 and come by again.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“elegant dining with just the right amount of attentiveness”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food was delicious. Flavours and innovation were well thought out. We were two persons and shared one "Nick and Scott" tasting course and added a few main courses to create sufficient volume. It was excellent and the staff was attentive and made sure we had clean plates for each new "sharing" dish. In between the changing of plates/pouring of wine, we were allowed to be left alone. This is the mark of true service. I do not like to be smothered with attention. I am there to enjoy the food and my fellow diners company. Not to be chatted up by restaurant staff. The Table 9 team got this right.

Deserts were incredible. Especially the Chocolate Mousse.

This is a restaurant that will serve you well for both business and private dining. The Ambience and decor is elegant and understated. Perfect.

It is by no means a "cheap restaurant". However in global terms, i have had many dinners around the world at a much higher price and at much less overall value. So well done ! I did not
leave the restaurant feeling that i had been "conned".

The "go home" toffee trolley is a very nice touch at the end of the meal.

This was the 2nd visit to Table 9, and there will be more visits to come ...

Visited February 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience with us and being so detailed about the highlights of your evening. The team at table 9 ensures that our service and quality of food is always given uttermost importance. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us and hopefully we will see you soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best dining experience in Dubai”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was in Dubai for work for 2 weeks, and as a foodie from America, you can imagine how excited I was to hit up all the amazing restaurants Dubai has to offer with little to no concern of cost. After 14 nights and as many dinners, Table 9 is definitely the best experience I had, not only for the taste of the food, but also for the overall staff and service. Chef Nick let us tour the kitchen and took pictures with our (probably very annoying) group of Americans.

The pork trotter was incredible, a must! If only I didn't live thousand of miles away...

• Visited December 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. I’m glad the team made your evening unforgettable and it's good to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience with us. Do drop by the next time you're in Dubai and Nick will be more than happy to have you visit him in the kitchen again. Until then keep in touch with us on facebook.com/table9dubai & twitter.com/table9dubai.