“The best seafood in Dubai! Amazing concept, just what Dubai needed!”
Review of Aprons & Hammers

Aprons & Hammers
Ranked #373 of 9,623 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The best seafood in Dubai! Amazing concept, just what Dubai needed!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I love, love, love this place! So... this is a very cute hidden location. The restaurant is an old wooden boat. (It does not move) The food is amazing - a must try is the peppered clams on in the starter section. But beware they are addictive, you will want them everyday for the rest of your life! Be preperared to get your hands dirty here. What I love about this place is that its not your typical bling glitzy glam place that Dubai is so flooded with. It is very chilled out and relaxed but still lisenced. Lawrence that runs it, always makes you feel vey welcome and at home, and is always happy to accomodate any requests. So the way it works is that they serve big buckets of sea food - giant prawns, muscles, crab etc with different sauces and you just tuck in. The views from the boat are absolutly stunning. Its very romantic but also a great place to come with freinds. The only thing I would changes here is.... the wine by the glass could be better. They could also do with getting some decent big wine glasses. Otherwise just perfect!

• Visited June 2012

• Arabic first
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“Great Food, Great location”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I've been to this place several times, and love it every time! it a big boat, and when the weather is nice, sitting on the top deck is gorgeous. Their crab salad and shrimp and avocado salad are so good that we get a portion for 2 for 1 person. We always get a bucket of crab which is fantastic. Highly recommended for sea food lovers

Visited June 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Above Average at best...”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Visited this place in Dec 2011, good view and location, but food was above average at best... since i come from Sout East Asia, i get better seafood at lower prices. But i guess we couldnt complain since we were in DXB.

Tried the crabs (Flower crabs), mussels and shrimps.

• Visited December 2011
Dubai
“Interesting place...”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice location and good food. Exellent seaside venue for occasion. Lost my wallet and the Owner [South African] called me. Thanks

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Try this place for a change”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

A friend told me about this place and looked it up on the Net. Recent reviews appeared less than complementary mainly of the service side but I decided to go with two other people in late April for dinner. I sent a reservation via email (from their website) about ten days before the date but there was no response so I resent it the day before the intended visit. Got a quick reply confirming the reservation. If I did not get it, I would not have gone.

The restaurant is actually on a converted boat (like a two storey ferry) and moored at a pier at the end of the Dubai Internation Marina Club. You have to go through a security gate. Lots of free parking (no valet service, at least none that I saw).

I was frankly not expecting good service and first impression was in line with that. My party of three was received rather coldly with no smile or sense of welcome. The place seemed chaotic with a pretty good crowd (it was a weekend). We were taken upstairs (better views) of Dubai waterfront and skyline.

Once we were seated things got a lot better. We were handed menus. Then, a few minutes later, the Executive Chef/GM himself came to our table and took the order. It was evident he was trying his best to make up for the shortcomings of his staff in servicing the clients. He seemed genuinely keen to serve us promptly. Answered our queries well. We ordered some crabs and lobsters with some sides.

When it came, relatively quickly I must say, the servings look nice. The crabs was ok (not as fresh as I normally have back home in Malaysia, where I from), but was not a big issue. Each of the crabs (seawater) where somewhat small which means there a more shells in relation to meat. Still it was done well and the lemon butter sauce went well with it.

The lobsters were very good. Again, not too large portions but it was done perfectly and the sauce (creamy something... now I forgot what it was). Highly recommended.

The GM came around a couple of times to check if all was ok, which was nice. Service (once we were seated) was not bad; nothing to complain about. The GM did say he had problems in getting good workers and got rid of a few that day.

The lobster dish and the service from the Exec Chef/GM made the difference (sorry, he told me but forgot his name - I did tell him that I post a positive review on TA) . I am not sure if he was there, the service would be as good.

Anyway, a nice place to try something different in Dubai.

• Visited April 2012