“Superb”
Review of Honyaki - CLOSED

Honyaki
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fast, fun and fresh, Honyaki invites you to enjoy classic dishes such as Miso Shiru, Sashimi, Nigiri Sushi and Temaki.We're open from noon until midnight every day, so there's plenty of time to take a seat and enjoy our authentic Japanese decor. Alternatively, try the outdoor terrace where you can take in the view while you sip Sake, Japanese beer or a refreshing Green Tea.
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Amazing Sushi & Sashimi . Nice atmosphere . good service

Bijo J, Manager at Honyaki, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent visit to Honyaki. Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Madinat Jumeirah is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.
Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.
Should you have any additional comments regarding your experience at Honyaki, please do not hesitate to contact me so that I may share your feedback with our management team.

Bijo Jose
Outlet Manager.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

This restaurant served up one of the more memorable meals I had while on holiday. I made the mistake of sitting down to eat in a very hungry state without a hungry wallet to match and after digesting the prices I realised I probably wouldn't be able to enjoy the extensive menu too lavishly. The staff were friendly and helpful, although some how made me feel a little awkward (maybe I'm not used to the quiet ambience and attentiveness). Having got a little lost in what to order - not being overly connoisseurial of Far Eastern cuisine - a server quickly made a very good recommendation based on my tastes (nothing too hot) and my meal arrived in good time. The portions were smaller than I had wanted, although probably what in the back of my mind had expected, but tasted spectacular. One of the highlights was the ice cream for dessert, which I couldn't pass up on. I think at the time I described it as Japanese Swiss Roll, although my amateur taste buds are probably doing it a disservice.

The ambience is great and the views equally so. I would be happy to return to this restaurant, but at least I would know what I was getting myself in for price wise a little more!

1  Thank Miles S
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The Madinat Jumeirah is always a good option for dining out. A big variety of restaurants, a great vibe and stunning views. We decided to try the 'new sushi place' and left with mixed feelings. Firstly - they don't take bookings - it is first come, first serve. We arrived late (about 9:30) on a Tuesday night. We thought it might be crowded as the Dubai Film Festival was on at the same time. We were surprised to see the restaurant almost empty...
We had a good table on the outside patio overlooking the amphi-theater with the Burj Al Arab visible in the back ground - always a good view. There was a Christmas Market going on in the amphi-theater and we had to listen to Christmas carols while we dined on our sushi - festive but not really fitting to the atmosphere of the restaurant.
The service was good. Our server explained all the dishes, made recommendations and were generally very helpful - almost to the point of being over attentive.
The sushi was above average. We ordered a platter with a variety of items as well as the special of the day. We enjoyed everything. The miso soup we had as a starter was above average.
The restaurant is licensed but we ended up not having wine - the prices are above average expensive for a walk-in restaurant. We opted for a small cup of sake each and a few beers.
All in all it was a good experience. Good food, good view, good service. The Christmas carols (which the restaurant had no control over) and the price was the only two things which was less than perfect.
Will I go again? Not for a normal midweek dinner, it's to expensive but maybe for a special occasion which calls for a bigger price tag. I will just make sure before the time what activities are planned for the amphi-theater.

1  Thank Wiebina
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We went to Honyaki upon the recommendation of a friend who told us the food was great and the view fantastic. The view indeed was fantastic and the menu looked great... until the waitress cheerfully told us at the front desk that the special of the day was bluefin tuna. My partner and I are great fans of sushi but we refuse to give custom to restaurants who deliberately buy and sell critically endangered species, such as bluefin tuna. We complained about this to the manager, who blindly responded that they had salmon and "normal" tuna for their environmentally-concerned customers... Suffice to say that environmentally-concerned customers may choose entirely not to eat at their restaurant!! It may only have been a special on that day, but it should not have been on the menu at all. I was frustrated and outraged by this restaurant's lack of understanding and integrity.

1  Thank Steph H
Reviewed November 3, 2011

What a great sushi restaurant it is a little dificult to find because it is on a corner of a shopping center that feels like a laberibt
The food is amazing I am a big fan of sushi and for me very few places served it like this one although it is important for you guys to know that the best sushi I haves ever tried is in Merida YUCATAN and it's called miyabi look for my review on that place
Going back to this one the food amazing the service really good and when I went you could get a 20 percent of just by paying with visa
Make sure to order the California maki
Overall a goo restaurant to have dinner after going shopping in the Madinat jumeirah

1  Thank gferraez