“Hidden Gem”
Review of Melia Dubai Hotel

Melia Dubai Hotel
Ranked #97 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The hotel and staff are Superb to say the least. It’s a little out of the way especially when the taxi drivers don’t even know where its located plus reception is actually in the basement of the hotel. Checking in and the stay on the Levels floor was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank tomkilian674
There are newer reviews for Melia Dubai Hotel

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed for a week at the Melia Hotel Dubai last week with my daughter. It was certainly one of the best holidays we have had in a while, largely owing to our stay here. From the moment we arrived till the time of our departure, we were greeted with courteous staff at all times. Nothing was too much effort for any of the staff at the reception, the concierge or the restaurants. The rooms were clean and tidy. We were staying in one of The Level Suites and so were fortunate to have access to the Level lounge all day. The gym was very clean and so was the roof top pool offering great views of the city. Breakfast was simple but plentiful. A special thank you to Paul who really looked after us at breakfast. Paul - we wish you all the best in your future prospects.
Although some people may find the location not so central, we had no problems. Its located not too far from the Creek (about 5-10mins by taxi) and 30 minutes away (by taxi) to Dubai Marina.
As we were out most days, we didn't have an opportunity to eat at the hotels many restaurants. But we did stay for the Friday Brunch at Azalya restaurant which was a very tasty experience. The international buffet selection was enormous, and each dish looked amazing. Having the sweet tooth that I have, I made sure I tried a few of the many deserts there were on offer. The restaurant staff once again were very courteous and helpful and looked after us well.
I'll definitely stay at the Melia again next time I'm in Dubai. Thank you to all.

Room Tip: We chose the Level Suite which offered many facilities, but I'm sure all the rooms would be of h...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruby374
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Recently stayed at Melia on business and this is my hotel of choice in Dubai.
Comfortable and well appointed rooms, good choice of restaurants and excellent staff that can't do enough to help
Hope to be back at Melia soon

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. I spend 2 nights and 3 days in Dubai as a part of my Emirates stay-over flight.
I understand that some people find the location down side; however I didn't. Maybe I am well trained from London tube. Arrived straight from airport and changed on Burjuman tube station to get off at Al Fahidi. I walked straight line on Khalid Bin Al Waleed Rd from which I turned into street 14 and after into street 12; even with 20 kg back pack I did find it OK, max 15 min journey. I did walk this journey in the night and during the day time heat and wouldn't say it was luxurious journey, but also can't say it was absolute hell.
I was welcomed with very friendly staff and although I was too early for check in I was given room after maybe 30 min wait. I didn't find it bother as in mean time I logged in onto free hotel WiFi and took few pictures of spectacular lobby.
I can only agree with other comments regards the rooms, clean and comfortable; massive mirror turn into TV which I found very cool.
My room rate included breakfast; which is buffet. I think everyone will find something for themselves; fresh juices, coffe, tea, hot english breakfast, some houmus, fruits, danish pastries, toast.... I was happy. I didn't have any other meal in hotel so can't comment on any other restaurants.
I had a drink at the roof terrace next to pool, which again, was not massivelly crowded, and can only recommend with all the great views.
My room was at the 6th floor, I can safely say that I heard no noice from any night club, and was very very happy with a view as I was facing the Burj Kalifa (I think room number was 627?).
To give you idea regards distance. I have taken hotel cab, which costed me 50 AED (10 pounds?) it took 24 min from hotel to Burj Al Arab; I find that very convienient even in lunch time traffic.
Only one negative would be maybe that porter was visibly not happy with the tip I gave him for carrying my luggage to the room; but hey; I am not used to giving tip and I thought that 15 AED is reasonable.
I e mailed the hotel before and after my stay and always get reply within a day; which I think is worth mentioning and gets massive plus from me.
I will deffinitelly be back next time i travel and change flights in dubai; and I will deffinitelly recomend Melia to my friends.

Room Tip: I stayed 6th floor and would recommend it mainly because of the views
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Iveta J
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Almost Two weeks before i visited Melia Hotel, with my wife and friends, family...warm welcoming and will never forget the dinner with melia.. Signature Restaurant, superb food and good value for money, especially waiter Mr. George, he is just awesome with his job, we really enjoyed with his service and he just feels us he is one of our family member...And also the Hotel interior works are awesome....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2014

i like every thing,design,music,smell,bathrooms and services , i am come in future , this is very good hotel , Featuring fast service ,Thank all the staff at this hotel , also Featuring easy reach of services.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
Reviewed April 9, 2014

location is a minus, and it's a small hotel with a tiny swiming pool for a 5-star hotel. be aware of asiarooms.com, this site mentions "all taxes included" next or below the total charge when making reservations, and it doesn't. the hotel will charge you 10% tax and 10% service charge. as it happenned to us. so, we either paid 40% tax and service charge or asiarooms misleading people.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple