“Absolutely not a 5 star hotel!”
Review of Melia Dubai Hotel

Melia Dubai Hotel
Ranked #98 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We have been at Melia Dubai this week, during our honeymoon. We stayed for 3 nights. Level is not the one you expect from a 5 star hotel! Breakfast is very poor and low quality food; room turn down in the evening was never done during our stay!! The last night at 23:45 I had to call the reception in order to ask for towels, water and toilet paper! They were never replaced daily. Bath had some problem with the shower, water was going outside the shower and we found some water on the floor. Desk was not fixed into the wall and forward inclined; sink tap was full of limestone and water always had many problem to flow! Spa access is not included in the daily rate and you even have to pay for steam room or sauna! Jacuzzi only available when you book some treatments. We wanted to use the rooftop pool for the last day and it was closed due to a private event without prior advise. The hotel do not have a real main entrance; you need to take one elevator to go to the reception once you have reached the hotel entrance and a second elevator for the room. Location is very depressive and nothing around, 13 km from the Dubai Mall and dancing fountains. Staff is not really friendly or smiling, expect for the Concierge Joy whom helped us for some tickets and lost baggage.
In conclusion: horrible location, 3 stars service and 4 stars room, staff not qualified and very unfriendly, poor food quality and room was not very clean. Paid rate not worth at all! I would not ever go back to this hotel or suggest to anyone to experience it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank antoniob82
Guest E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Mr. Antonio,
We are glad to hear that you found our concierge staff helpful as we count on them as a very important asset in our hotel. However we are sorry that you didn’t enjoy the rest of our service and the room. We have taken all your comments under consideration and we'll proceed to open an investigation regarding your experience.
We hope you will give us another chance in the future so we can take care of you and make it up to you as you deserve.
Thank you so much for your time, we hope to have you back again soon!
Kind Regards,
Amelia Casado.

There are newer reviews for Melia Dubai Hotel

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel offers amazing facilities, very helpful and friendly staff and really nice rooms.

Went for 8 days and certainly I would repeat. The food of its Indian restaurant is really good as well as all you can find in the breakfast buffet.

I love the swimming pool area and the general atmosphere that embraces the whole place.

The staff is really helpful and all our doubts and requests were sorted instantly.

The only drawback was the inner night club, which is not completely isolated, and some nights you can feel the bass shaking the walls of you room, that is completely unacceptable in a 5 star hotel. After our complaint we got a free upgrade to 7th floor, what made the rest of our stay perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Sir.

Thank you for taking your time and giving us such a good feedback, it is a pleasure to receive such good comments about our staff. I hope that you enjoyed of our pool with fantastic view to the sky of Dubai.

About the noise coming from the nightclub, I apologize for the inconvenient caused, we have opened an investigation in order to solve this matter as soon as possible.

All the team will be waiting to see you again.

Regards.

Amelia Casado.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Found all staff extremely polite and helpful. Room was excellent and comfortable. Hotel had complimentary bus to beach which we found very useful. Pool was not crowded and both times managed to find a bed. Would recommend this hotel for few days stopover.

Dear guest.

First of all thank you for take your time and write about your feedback. It is a joy to read such a positive comment. I will inform to the department in charge.

I hope see you soon with us, Melia Dubai

Kind regards.

Amelia casado

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The staff is extremely friendly , I liked the room design and the toilet :)),
cool swimming pool on the top , the location is Okay
everything was almost very good ! I didn't like the weird hotel entrance !

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear guest,

We are glad you take your time for giving us such a good feedback, and it is a pleasure to receive such good comments about our staff. I hope that you enjoyed very much of our pool on the last floor of the hotel with view to the Burj Khalifa.

Thank you for choose us, ‘’you are the journey’’

Kind regards.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at the Melia Dubai Hotel for 2 nights, and I'm just so glad I did. The location of the hotel may not be ideal but taxis were always easily available, and everyone knew where the hotel was. The staff was extremely helpful at all times (a very special shout out to the amazing sushi chef at Alfonso X!) The rooms were maintained well and the lavish bathroom was the highlight of the hotel.
The only downside was the blaring music that streamed into my room from an adjoining night club and kept me awake half the night, but I guess rooms on a higher floor may not experience that problem.
All in all, I'm thrilled with the property and will definitely love to stay here again when in Dubai next.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor to ensure a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Maheen M.

First of all we would like to thank you for your good comments; it is a pleasure to receive such a good feedback from our guests. Thank you for your comment about our staff, I want let you know that we will report this comment at the department in charge.

Regarding the noise coming from the nightclub, I apologize for the inconvenient caused, we have opened an investigation in order to solve this matter as soon as possible.

We are looking forwards to have you with us again.

Best rigards.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed in Melia for 4 nights . I had a difficult time to find a nice hotel in Dubai to match with what I except ( new, good price , modern interior , good location , good reviews ) and luckily I found Melia and I am super satisfied with what I found .
I loved everything about Melia, from strange underground Entrance to complimentary chocolates which room service left on my side table everyday
I don't know how old is the hotel but everything was almost new and clean yet , they were some stains on bed head or bathroom floor but I didn't mind them as long as everything else were very clean .
interior design and decoration were perfect , very tasteful , professional and most important Modern .
all the staff were friendly and helpful . food was amazing in Azalya restaurant I have to say I didn't have any chance to try other restaurants but I enjoyed breakfast and dinner that I had in Azalya .
location was good but for sure not near by public transportation or walking distance to malls or beach and other attractions so wherever you want to go you need to take a Taxi, it was about 10-20 minutes (depends to traffic ) far from Burj Khalifah & Dubai mall . most of the time taxi were available on entrance and some times that they were no taxi , there was a driver from hotel to take me everywhere I needed to go , slightly more pricy than Taxi but not that bad . all taxi drivers from different part of city knew Melia so I didn't have problem to show them the address on the way back to hotel
I received a complimentary nice drink when I arrived to hotel (Jasmine ice tea with ginger and honey !) and another complementary dish of yummy chocolates as soon as I settled in my room and everyday 2-3 bottles of water .
I booked on Agoda website for Melia, and they were some options for air port pick up or on which floor I want to have a room or what size of bed I need which I answered them all but when I arrived in Dubai airport no body didn't show up to pick me up so when I checked in hotel I complained about it but they said in front desk that they never offered this kind of services and they didn't have any idea about why the website offered this options on their behalf !!!!! I traveled to Dubai several times before so I didn't shock and I took a Taxi to hotel but I can imagine maybe for first time visitor it will be shocking so if you find this option on any website don't trust and check with hotel if you are worry to have problem to find your way to hotel from the air port
as I read in reviews before ,lowers floors would be very noisy because of the club so I asked for room in higher floors and I end up in a room in 6th floor , which it was lovely, quiet , clean and pretty .I loved everything in my room & I did't experienced any noise to bother me at all .
pool was not huge but nice enough to enjoy the Dubai's sun !
I wish I had time to try Spa services , they all looked very interesting but unfortunately I wasn't in hotel most of the time and I didn't have a chance to try them.

in the end I have to say I am happy enough that if I Travel to Dubai again I will choose Melia again :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ShaghayeghZ

Dear Miss.

I couldn’t have found a better description; we are happy to receive such a great comment! we are glad that you like the style of the hotel; we would like to thank you for your appreciation, the hotel has been design by the Italian designer Marco Mangili in a classic elegant and contemporary Italian style. Regarding the stains on bed head and bathroom we will report your comment to in charge department. It is a pleasure to hear such a great comment of our restaurant, Azalya, if you like this one, ntime we recommend you our excellent restaurant ‘’Signature’’ It is the best Indian restaurant in Dubai.

Thank you for your time, we wish you all the best and we hope see you soon again.

Kind regard.

Amelia Casado

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Staff was unhelpful or unclear of what good customer service means. Clueless to the surrounding area: Perhaps the hotel Mngmt should hire couple locals so that when a hotel guest asks where is the closest mini mart to buy a big jug of water the front desk will not reply with 'I dont know" Do not waste your money on the spa either: My nail polish pealed off at my meetings less than 12 hours after the treatment and sadly the Mngmt at the front desk did not wish to offer me any sort of refund except to ask me if the mini bar was used before I was checking out. I dont think I will be staying here again and next time in Dubai spend that money on a central location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ola P
Guest E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear guest.

Thank you for taking your time to post such a detailed review. We are sorry to hear that we did not reach your expectations. I will inform at all the department involved, all the observation that you have mentioned have been reported to the management of the hotel.

Best regard.