“Best Steak in Dubai? Probaly, or at Least - Very Close”
Review of Center Cut

Center Cut
Ranked #378 of 9,663 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: From the moment guests enter through the ornate iron doors of Center Cut Steak House, a memorable dining experience begins. Open daily for dinner, Center Cut provides the finest cuts of US and Australian beef, complimented by uniquely created condiments and paired with the finest selection of wines, which guests can enjoy on the outdoor terrace or inside amidst the stylish décor. As appealing to the eye as it is to the palate, Center Cut provides a balanced canvas of dark burgundy wine and rich butterscotch textures throughout, balanced by wooden floors surrounded by dark green marble.
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Best Steak in Dubai? Probaly, or at Least - Very Close”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had been to the Lorraine Restaurant in the Ritz Carlton Hotel, DIFC for a business meeting lunch in late 2013. It was good, but a typical (albeit high quality) buffet.
My daughter had dined here in September 2013 and was very impressed and recommended it to us.
So we went for dinner, with 2 friends, after watching Cirque du Soleil's "The Immortal" Tour - their Michael Jackson tribute.
The Ritz Carlton Hotel, DIFC is high-end, but the open reception area whilst chic, lacks much atmospere or presence.
Center cut is on "Floor P", which doesnt stand for "Parking", I presume it means "Podium". It is not at all signposted from Reception and, after a fruitless detour, we had to ask a staff member for directions, at which point he kindly took we 4 to the elevator and told us to exit at floor "P". On arrival, the restaurant IS sign-posted - to the right as your leave the elevator.
We were greeted warmly at the front desk and led to one table, for which we asked for an alternate as it was right beside a servers' station, which was done immediately.
All the square tables are only set for 2 places, but with 4 chairs, so we were soon supplemented with cutlery, glasses and place-mats for the additional 2.
The menu, at first sight seems short, but is in fact highly varied and very attractive. All 4 of us are reasonably experienced diners and had difficulty deciding which starter and main we would select.
Starters varied from Dungeness Crab Cake, Giant Grilled Prawns, Organic Beet Salad to Truffle Mushroom Risotto, All 4 of us were delighted with the flavours presented, but also with the decent size of portions. Many high-end restaurants seem to think that the daintier (smaller) they make the dish, the more they can charge. The only slight disappointment was that there was no Langoustine to accompany Spaghetti, making the change to Grilled Prawns.
All 4 are Carnivores. 3 went for the Filet Mignon, one for the Australian TenderLoin. All were delighted with choices. Each of the 4 different accompanying sides were shared (Green Beans, Broccoli Gratinee, Wagyu Potato Fingerlings and Potato Daupinois). All sides were fine, none outstanding.
But the steaks were SUPERB. Beautifully cooked (all Medium Rare), moist and flavourful. I asked for Wholegrain Mustard, which was apparently made fresh in the kitchen, at my request - a nice touch.
3 of the 4 had desserts - Peach Melba, Candy Bar and Date Pudding. All were finished. I had the Date Pudding which was a variation on a Sticky Toffee Pudding, which is one of my wife's specialities. She wins again! Whilst pleasant, it was not quite moist enough nor "datey" enough. I have been told by other Exec Chefs in Dubai that the high humidity makes sponge based desserts a lottery for them to make properly.
The 2 ladies each had a glass of Laurent Perrier Champagne (no idea what price, but unlikely to be cheap). The red Spanish Tempranillo at AED 450 per bottle is a gross inflation on UK supermarket prices for the same wine (5 to 10 times?). It was a pleasant accompaniment to the steaks and not too heavy.
Overall a great place to eat, with excellent, helpful and friendly service. The young lady pianist was unobtrusive but played and sang beautifully. She is one of the best I have heard in Dubai and in keeping with the Ritz Carlton's high standards.
Definitely one (restaurant) to come back to.

• Visited January 2014

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner here. I had halibut for the main course and it was cooked perfectly. My husband, son and daughter-in-law said their food was good too. My husband and son shared the "Tomahawk" steak which was huge. Our grandson got his usual cheeseburger.

Visited December 2013
“Best Steak in Dubai!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We went on the Christmas eve so the restaurant was decorated with Christmas decorations and looked beautiful. It was a pleasant evening so we sat outside.
The staff were friendly and very welcoming. The service was amazing and made us feel special e.g they refered to me by my name. We had the rack of Lamb and the the US ribeye with dauphinoise and mash potato for the sides. They were cooked to perfection and delicious! One of my favourite restaurants in Dubai.

• Visited December 2013
Dubai
“Excellence”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was looking for a high quality meal and atmosphere, and I finally found a great restaurant that combined the two, along with top service and the perfect meat. Nowadays, it is very difficult to find a restaurant in Dubai where all aspects of the meal are excelled; at this restaurant, the waiters are friendly and knowledgeable, the food is delicious and overall, it is just perfect for a relaxed yet classy meal.
It was pleasantly surprising how the team paid attention to details and tried to do everything to make us feel comfortable and enjoy our time.
I am looking forward to going back for another great experience.THANK YOU!
PS: we went for an after dinner drink at the lounge next door, Number 5, highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best steak in Dubai”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Must try!! I had the Wagyu.. amazing cut! great service and amazing atmosphere given by a talented pianist that played classics and modern beats! very entertaining I must say!
It was a special occasion, and the team brought me a cake and a rose to my wife! Well done guys!! I'll be back soon.

• Visited September 2013