“Excellent Sandwich and Shake house! This is a must attend restaurant at JBR Walk.”
Review of Bo House - CLOSED

Bo House
Neighborhood: The Marina
Neighborhood: The Marina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I attended this restaurant after we attended the beach at JBR Walk in April 2012. We went in an out of few restaurants/cafes to look at their menu’s before we settled at this one.

The inside was amazing with cool light coloured walls and multi-coloured furniture, it had nice soothing feel to it hard to describe but similar to being wrapped in wool (or maybe am just weird  ), they seem to have the best Ice creams and just looking at them makes you want to try some.
Although the inside is well decorated with Air Conditioning and nice table and chairs we chose to sit outside at the rear as it was nice an warm outside, This over looked the beach area and a car park which was ok, The seating was nice and comfortable with big table umbrellas creating a nice shade. We had Steaks sandwiches and Chocolate split shakes. It’s one of the best meals I have had in Dubai. The menu is a little pricey for one meal (Steak Sandwich & shake) was about £10 but was well presented with chips an salads/coleslaw and was filling (big portion I finished mines but others with me didn’t).

The staff was friendly and attentive and the food was brought out in timely fashion, We came back a few days later to have the same food and this time we attended late evening and were offered Shisha it was really busy with locals and tourists leaving a good atmosphere. I recommended anyone who is in JBR to check this place out. Especially if you like your shakes or strawberry flavoured Red bull. I will return again anytime.

I don’t think there was any negatives for me apart from the location being little pricey for UK standard (You can get the same things half the price back home) and to get free shisha you have to spend over certain amount which was ok for us as were family of three and the bill was high enough.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I should have checked the reviews. Food was not that great service was ok.

1  Thank Phil M
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We just happened into this place one a Thursday night and were pleasantly surprised. The decor kind of reminds of an artsy Greek cafe: white, curved walls, splashes of bright color. The food was healthy and well-prepared: we had a quinoa salad, rocca salad, and a chicken dish and all three were delicious and healthy. The manager was very helpful and told us that the menu changes seasonally which is good to know. All in all, it was a nice experience.

1  Thank libbyglee
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The restaurant has a catchy name and decor andhaving driven by it many times, I had been looking forward to finally trying it out. The location is excellent, on the The Walk and although it faces a parking lot, the sea and beach in the distance make up for it.

We ordered a big weekend breakfast and I was apalled to find that they want to charge me extra for the little satchet of jam with the breakfast (comprising toast, croissants, eggs, juice etc). Talk about nickel and diming your customers! Being in the industry myself, I thought I would speak with a manager who would surely sort this out given that we had placed a substantial order. It was not the few extra dirhams but the principle of it that irked.

Alas, the rude and hugely self-important young south african 'manager' was no help at all. He managed to turn a situation where we simply wanted to register our surprise to one where his rude "take it or leave it - this is how we do it" attitude left us upset and caused us to make a mental note to never return. Shame because the venue and menu were really nice.

1  Thank Londonmallu
Reviewed December 13, 2011

All my senses came to life the minute I walked into Bo House Cafe. Eccentric interior, splashed out colors on the floors, more colors on its floral couches… walking in, I felt like I was entering a candy shop, only it’s a two-storey Bohemian style café-restaurant situated on the famous JBR strip.
Bo is short for Bohemian, hence the exquisitely unique and colorful decoration of the place. The funky decor, setting and location of this restaurant are great. Although colorful, the place is spacious with a lot of light entering its large glass facades. No angles at Bo House. Everywhere you look your eyes take you further – a floating and never ending candy-like land. Even the washrooms are rounded concept. I personally found it very special and relaxing to the eyes.

Also, what’s unique about Bo House Café and really caught my attention is the fact that it’s the only place on JBR with the view of the seas as well as the walking strip. All other restaurants are on the land side facing the road. The huge wrap-around terrace has a great view of the beach. Breathtaking! Many come here in their bathing suits while others in their suits for a business lunch – there is no rule. You come to relax and enjoy!
The colorful and artistic place serves a range of international cuisine featuring appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, Bo House main dishes, their specialty ice cream and fresh juices. The menu also includes a choice of healthy low calorie food menu prepared by Italian Chef Francesco.
Kids also have their say at Bo Café with an especially dedicated menu for them.
As my friend and I arrived, we were welcomed by a super smiley man, who seemed to be the manager. He suggested that we tried their frizzles as refreshing drinks to enjoy while we skimmed the menu.
I ordered their peach fizzler: fresh peach, peach syrup, soda water mixed with Redbull.
Sipping through, I looked around me. Everything is so cheerful, It makes you continuously want to smile. I felt it was a place where people can come for fun, for love, for an ice cream scoop, for no reason maybe, for a word, for a gust of breeze at the terrace, for endless reasons.
Let’s taste!
As starters, we ordered the mini Margherita pizza, vegetable spring rolls with Asian homemade sauce and shrimp cake, as well as the smoked salmon sandwich. Every bite was tasty, although I personally found the bread of the smoked salmon sandwich to be a bit too thick. It needed lemon slices inside and a bit more salmon, as the picture on the menu shows more salmon in the sandwich.
As main dishes we ordered the John Dory Fish with ginger lemon sauce served with sautéed vegetables as well as a piece of steak that comes with French fries in a cup. I was impressed with the food’s presentation.
For dessert we ordered the BO House homemade “Coppa Gelato” and the assorted fresh fruit salad with lemon, mango, kiwi, strawberry and raspberry sorbet: That is Mmmm. So refreshing, so tasty, so colorful, so want to make you lick the bowl after you finish.
It is a nice chilled out restaurant, with adequate music and a great staff. I’ll mention the manager again. Loved this guy.
After a full stomach we went out to the terrace have a Hubble Bubble while enjoying the sea view.

1  Thank AnthonyRahayel