“Nearest To Uk Doner Kebab in Dubai”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Doner Kebab

Doner Kebab
Ranked #2,059 of 9,478 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Fast Food, Turkish
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Description: "We will bring the original Doner Kebab from Germany to the Middle East".
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nearest To Uk Doner Kebab in Dubai”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Recently had a doner kebab from the doner kebab restaurant in Dubai, it was great but the only complaint I have was the lack of meat it contained, but I have been spoilt with huge UK doner's from my local kebab in the UK, but this one here was fine.

Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
“Cheese cake store?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very Tasty Doener but double the price you would pay in Germany. Also the bread is a bit strange, reminded us of Belgian waffles. Very unusual for a kebab shop was the huge display cheese cakes and pastries at the entry. It can be a little confusing and you actually need to ask the staff if they have Doener. The name of the shop is Doener Kebab and you walk in and all you see are cakes and sandwiches in plastic boxes. Could also be a Costa Coffee or a Starbucks. Why not change the name to Doener Cake? PS: when you go on a Friday you can hear the loudest mosque in UAE.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jaiwana
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Authentic German Doener- Lot to improve in Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

First I have to say the product is good. But from a customer perspective this opening stands under a questionable light of success. Why?

Despite the shiny interieur, the nice stff uniform and agressive marketing campaigns for many month they where not ready on the actual opening day.

We called before and asked if we come by 12 noon, we could eat doner. We where assured that it will be ready. When we arrived we where told please come back in one hour. After we returned we sat down and it took abput 5 minutes until our table was approached. We asked for a menu, since it was not presented. When presented, it was a simple laminated sheet of color paper folded and already torn. (1 year opening preparation and no proper menu)?

It took about 30 minutes until we revieved the order, we wanted to re order soft drinks but they already ran out of sprite? If I have a pre opening I do not tell guest we run out, I send one of my guys to the shop 10 meters away to purchase 10 sprite foe 10 dirham so I can offer my guests soft drinks. I ordered for a diet coke and was brought regular. I returned it and after 5 minutes he came back again with a regular. So i just cancelled the whole beverage order since he was unable to provide me with my simple request.

Next to us about 3 tables stood up and left because the waiters forgot their order.

As I said, the doner sandwich was tasty. But if I pay almost 10 dollar for it I expect that the service satff is at least trained and if not that there is someone senior who takes care of the guest.

When we approached a manager he just answered blunt:"it is our first day, give us a break." Well I am a hospitality professional. If you open your store like this you are either not a professional or you just dont care.

For the sake of the great sandwich I hope someone traines this poor service people who are actually making it worse.

• Visited March 2013