“Spa is excellent but the pool has been taken over by kids and inflatables”
Review of Amara Spa

Amara Spa
Ranked #19 of 240 Spas & Wellness in Dubai
Dubai
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Spa is excellent but the pool has been taken over by kids and inflatables”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm a regular visitor to the Amara Spa as it is truly the best Spa in Dubai- the treatments, therapists and setting are fantastic and it has always been a relaxing, tranquil haven in the city. I'm not sure what went wrong this weekend, but on both days I was there the pool had been taken over by screaming children with inflatable toys and their maids. This has ruined the spa experience for me, and my understanding is that the pool can now be used by non hotel/spa guests under another promotion- Advise going mid week to avoid this experience as the spa itself is still worth it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank DubaiBelle

Moscow, Russia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“great spa!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

When traveling I always try to fing the best spa in teh city. So I was told this is one of the best. make sure you arrive in advance to relax by the pool to enjoy hammam etc. Therapist are real profesionals. Rooms for treatment are spacious and outside showe is so great.
After teh treatment you can relax by teh pool again and have some nice lunch.
Perfect place to chill after the jhectic cuty life.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Pupsomaniac
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly overrated”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This has to be my worst spa experience in Dubai in the last 4 years. The ambience is slightly dull as if it has seen better days. In general, Park Hyatt seems to have this jaded look – well past its years of glory. It all started with a 90 minute massage my husband booked for our anniversary. It was meant to be a couple’s special package but other than just the two of us lying next to each other getting massaged, there’s nothing special. But this wasn’t my gripe as much. The therapist asked me on the areas I would like focus on and I responded with back and shoulder massage as I sit in front of my computer virtually through the week! Then started what can only be described as torture. The lady started applying so much pressure that I asked her to stop in the first 10 minutes. I was assured that the pain will cease and my shoulders would feel “relaxed”. At the end of 20 minutes, I was just waiting for the charade to end. Finally, after an hour, I could take it no more and informed the therapist that she has caused more pain than any promised relaxation. Once we reached home, I had discoloration on my back, shoulders and neck. I am now visiting a chiropractor and then a doctor it’s been over a day but with the situation worsening. To add to the distress, the tea served later was cold with some over dried fruits which did not do much to redeem the experience. There are no shower facilities considering this was a full oil massage!!
My recommendation would be to skip the place all together and go to Intercontinental, Festival City, or Talise Ottoman Spa or even independent ones such as Thai Privilege Spa where if not proper pampering, you would at least be spared the trauma of a massage gone wrong! Not planning to visit this spa ever again nor do I recommend you to ever consider it.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Keerti N
Tripoli, Libya
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Pampering has a name”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

As soon as you leave the noisy and crowded Deira city centre you are immediately calmed by the quiet and tranquil atmosphere of the Hyatt, it has to be by far one of the best Spas in Dubai, would definitely come again and recommend it to anyone who is considering a holiday in Dubai

Visited January 2013
2 Thank welabbar
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Desi Info - Media Review”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Amara Spa is located in the busy Grand Hyatt Hotel in central Dubai just 15 minutes from the airport and metro station. On entering the reception area, We were struck by the peacefulness and serene setting, high ceilings and wooden floorboards which together created a satisfying feeling of space and light.The décor of Amara is modern and I particularly liked the fact that reception was expecting us and made us feel very welcome and gave us a good insight in to what to expect.
The Renovator Body Scrub, Reflexology, Indian Head Massage and Volcanic Hot Stone Massage were absolutely AMAZING. The masseur clearly had great experience and was very good at making you feel at ease and orchestrating things whilst you just switched off and fell in to a trance like state in total relaxation. Desi Info highly recommends this Spa after a busy and fast paced week in Dubai.

Visited November 2012