“Emirates dedicated hotel for missed connections & forced stop overs”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dubai
Copthorne Airport Hotel Dubai
Ranked #309 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Lagos
“Emirates dedicated hotel for missed connections & forced stop overs”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Clean, simple, efficiently run hotel with a decent buffet spread for all meals. A Particular commendation and thanks to Mr Ali Hussein (Duty Manager) during my stay, who went out of his way to help in a situation that would have cost me a round trip to the airport. (I forgot my my passport at the Du Counter in arrivals, he assured me not to panick, made a phone call and immediately had his colleagues at the airport desk pick it up and deliver to me at the hotel). Service like this separates the outstanding hotels from the average, irrelevant of their stars and facilities.

Room Tip: Thos Hotel is a MASSIVE, so ask for a room as close to the reception as possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Emirates gave me the hotel free as I had long connection, and Emirates are the best, so can't complain. But would never stay here if I had to pay for it. The most basic room you can think of. Long walking distance to the room. Complimentary dinner and breakfast of average to good quality. Thanks Emirates.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Yosef G
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife, my little daughter (4 years old) and I stayed at the Copthorne Dubai for one night in January 2013. It was a perfect service provided complimentary by Emirates while waiting for our next flight home. The hotel is clean and the service is professional as it is purpose-built for travellers having a short break between their flights. Emirates also provide breakfast, lunch and dinner which is all buffet and includes drinks, food is good and filling. Hotel offers complimentary shuttle to Deira city centre shopping mall and to the airport every hour. My next flight will be definitely by Emirates again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Petr_Stich
UK
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Was given a room in this hotel between 4pm one day and am the next due to a missed connection. The room was poor with basic toiletries and no hairdrier. When I complained at the desk about the lack of hair drier I was told very curtly I could ring and ask for one. There was nothing in the room to say this. The Buffet for Dinner however was very adequate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Katherine, Australia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here as part of a transit provided by Emirates, so I wasn’t expecting much & was grateful for a shower, bed & meal.

The large room had a couple of power points easily accessible. There were two king size single beds separated by a small bedside table with phone & lamps, lounge suite with coffee table, luggage bench, a desk, flatscreen tv on a desk (with small fridge). They were comfortable with reasonable linen however no additional pillows/linen. Luckily I was able to use the pillow & blanket off the second bed for additional warmth. The air conditioning was centrally controlled digitally. No fans or ability to open windows. The linen closet had a room safe & clothes hangers.

The bathroom had a toilet, sink & bath/shower, with provided 2x low quality bath towels, hand towels & a bathmat. The water pressure was ok however the water temperature was horrid – it didn’t matter if it was set to hot or cold, the temperature would pulsate between hot & then cold. Toiletries provided included shampoo, shower cap & soaps. The worst thing about the bathroom was getting out of the bathtub – there was a huge step down/out, which was highly unsafe with nothing to lean/hold onto, which was downright dangerous when wet.

I had full mobile phone reception, internet cost $15US for 2hrs, laundry was available at a cost, room service was available at a fee, however I had my meals provided by Emirates at the main buffet restaurant (which was ok – remember its free!!). There was no room hotel guide, not even a TV guide. There was no pool. The fridge was empty by you are provided two 600ml water bottles. Distance from the airport was approximately 10minutes with transfers provided.

Given I was there for a 13 hour stopover, I booked a driver at reception ($60US for two hours in a lexus sedan) for sightseeing – Atlantis hotel & Burj Al Arab hotel (only from the outside – you need to be a guest to go inside), the Burj Al Arab beach & downtown city Dubai. You could get dropped off in the city at the large mall & then catch a cab back to the hotel. At the hotel, there was a lobby gift & toiletries store, a jewellery store and small stall offering drinks. A bad thing was the room looked over the hotel next door’s pool, which provided a nice view but at 8.30pm, loud live music started – hard to deal with when trying to sleep. Luckily I had read the previous reviews & made an allowance for extra ear plugs (I usually travel with them anyway).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank aussie_shark_girl
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

It is a very basic hotel provided by free by Emirates when you have more then an 8 hour layover. The place is clean and again.....free so I can't complain. I would not have chosen to stay here if Was paying. You don't have to wait for the free shuttle. A taxi is cheap and quick. I would not recommend eating in the restaurant. I suffered for days with diarrhea after our stop over.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dwyrwas
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed there for one night due to Emirates Airline problem, the hotel was clean, and the check in was quick. There's a variety of breakfast,lunch, and dinner buffet cuisine served. The food was excellent and enjoyed it a lot. There's a swimming pool outside too, and two bars, which me and my fiance enjoyed a lot.We'll definitely come back to this hotel if Emirates Airlines mess up again.lol

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple