“Functional and free!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dubai
Copthorne Airport Hotel Dubai
Ranked #314 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is a standard stay over for Emiratesvand was provided complimentary to us during a stop over. As previous reviews mention this is a factory operation that churns through guests at a rapid pace.the rooms are clean and functional and cheaply fitted out. Food was buffet style and also free. Selection not great but actually I had quite a good curry. The morning shuttle is every 15 minutes but I took one look at all the people and as you can't prebook decided I wasn't going to take the chance and opted for a taxi. They are so cheap in dubai anyway so why hassle with 60 people in a bus and a trailer!! If I had to pay for this I would run,but as it was free it was a bargain!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KarlBahrain
There are newer reviews for Copthorne Airport Hotel Dubai

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Due to a huge stop over in Dubai, EK placed me in this hotel. It was close to the airport and had a shower and a bed (all I needed after 4 weeks of back packing through India) To be honest though I didn't get time to eat and really I only slept for a few hours before getting up and going again. EK would save so much more money by offering me a shower and meal voucher at the airport. The check-in was easy and check -out even easier. It had a TV and Air-Cond and even though it didn't have a bath, it was still plenty for a free night! The only hassle was at the airport and getting through Passport control - EK need to work on that - I think it took over 90 mins to get through which reduced my time at the hotel and in Dubai.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I got one night of free stay in this hotel provided by Emirates cuz of long stop over at Dubai. In general, I have no complain about this hotel since it was free. They gave me a comfortable room and a proper breakfast, also a ride to the airport. It was a little bit a long queue for the airport shuttle but I had managed, as I always do, to get ready earlier to avoid being late, so I think I can't judge this hotel by this kind of thing. The staffs and receptionists were very friendly, informative and helpful. I did enjoy my stop over in this hotel even without a wifi.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Thia R
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is the second time i had stayed here. It is situated about 10 minutes away from the airport. Earlier the name was "Millenium" most probably in year 2005.

When check-in, ask someone which lift is to be used to go to your room because you cannot get to your room by using any one of the lift. I had used a lift to go to my room no. 8010. I had to come out from the lift on 4th floor as that lift does not go to 8th floor (but you cannot understand from outside and nobody there to guide you about this). In the 4th floor there was no way to go to the room no. 8010. I had to come down and asked someone and found there is a long way WING III, there was another lift through which i was able to go to my room 8010. I did not find any toothpaste and toothbrush in the room but soap and shampoo were there. However, the room was spacious and clean. Food was very delicious.
You can use internet in the room by registering (paid service, not free) in the ground floor near reception.
There are negatives but would not mind to stay again in transit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel is used by Emirates as a flop house for passengers making long connections through Dubai. It is a factory operation- very efficient but not very pleasant. The rooms are basic. Cheap carpet, furnishings & bedding. The food is served buffet style and is what you would expect, usually cold & not very tasty. When you check in, you are told when your wake up call & check out will be, based on your departing flight. You must show your boarding pass to eat in the restaurant.

Since there is traffic in and out of the hotel 24 hours a day, expect some noise outside your room. Also there was music blaring from the nightclub behind the hotel. There is a shuttle to & from the airport that only takes about 10 minutes. One must pay for internet at a rate of 50 Dihrams for 2 hours or 100 Dirhams for 24 hours. The best deal is obviously the 24 hour rate. I had a problem with the internet & received a response from the hotel IT department very quickly. Very happy with that!

I would not stay in the hotel if I had to pay for it. But since Emirates was providing the room & it beat staying in the terminal for 11 hours, I took advantage of it. It was free!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Heisenberg787
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had stopover in Dubai for which Emirates provided this free hotel accomodation. Hotel was clean and good enough for a night. (Room did had some soap and shampoo). The room itself was ok, but the customer service was just horrible, reception folks were not even willing to answer anything or talk politely. Quite bad, if I will have to pay for myself, I will not stay here.

Breakfast was also ok, and had a decent spread. I did use a tour service, which costed about 30 $ for 2 hr Dubai tour from the hotel lobby itself.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank puneet1622
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Had a single night stay here. The staff is not very informative, just better than the usual Arabian rudeness. Room is clean and comfortable bed, but the A/C was uncontrollably cold; the control on the wall simply doesn't work.
Also, if u get a room beyond the 4th floor, then don't take the lifts close to the reception; they go only till 4th floor, and then there's no indication on how to go to further floors. Better way is to go to the Wing III lifts, 5 mins walk away from the reception :(

• Stayed: December 2012