“1 day and night in dubai”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dubai
Copthorne Airport Hotel Dubai
Ranked #311 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 28, 2012

the hotel is very basic, but clean the only problem was no swimming pool which when you consider the outside temperature is in the 40's you would assume that the hotel had a pool. The staff however are very helpful and friendly and the food ok. If the hotel had swimming pools either outside in shade or inside this would make it easier for all tourists and give them something to do as it is too hot to walk around so all travel is by vehicle. Basic, clean and no extra cost as we had to wait for another flight Emirates did not have an aircraft for us at Heathrow so we missed our connections to fly to Melbourne, Australia, downside is we lost a day in Australia but hey these things happen.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irene O
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Copthorne Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear IreneO,

Thank you for your kind review, and my apologies for the delay in replying via this forum.

I am sure you would have seen that the new swimming pool was under construction on your visit, and we are much closer to opening it now. With the features of a child's pool, fountain and swim-up bar, it will be a nice addition to those warm Summer days.

Wishing you safe travels,

There are newer reviews for Copthorne Airport Hotel Dubai

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is used by the Emirates Airline for the accommodation of their passengers on long transfers. It deserves 3+ stars.

Positive:
Close to Airport. Transfers FOC organised by the hotel. Food and refreshments available for 24 hours, for Emirates long transfer guests FOC. The rooms are equipped with 2 large beds.

Negative:
Extremely noisy at night on the ground floor level through the room door.

Room Tip: Get a room at a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeHaumi
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Copthorne Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I hope that your review will assist other travelers whether to stay at our hotel.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Spent a night here courtesy of Emirates as I had a 20 hour transit stop-over in Dubai. The rooms are quite plain even for "free" accommodation ("free" as if Emirates does not incorporate the hotel costs into that of the air ticket). With the Dubai temperatures soaring at 40°C I was longing for a cold shower. The coldest the water could get to, I think, was the outside temperature of 40°C!
The CRT TV had a variety of stations but if you are into news the absence of CNN, BBC or even Al-Jazeera can render the TV rather useless.
Made use of my "free" vouchers for lunch, dinner and breakfast. The food was full of variety and seemed fresh, except that the breakfast apple that I had carried to eat in the shuttle on my way to the airport turned out to be so rotten.
No wireless connection for internet in the room. I had to buy a 30-min voucher. Used it for 10 minutes before going for dinner. When I returned my time was used up. On inquiring I was told the voucher had to be used within 30 minutes of signing in as you cannot not stop the counter so as to resume later. Now I thought this was day-light robbery, moreover no one had given me that explanation beforehand.
The hotel seems very serious as regards guest security. Once I lost my sense of direction when I decided to use the stairs instead of the lift . It was rather unsettling to turn round a deserted corridor and find myself face-to-face with a mean-looking security man complete with a cable running between his ear and the inside of his shirt collar!
It being the Emirates transit hotel there are guests checking in and checking out at intervals 24/7. So, throughout the night, there is human traffic on the corridors. It's the only hotel that I know of where the hospitality staff work (sometimes noisily) 24/7. So, if you are a light sleeper looking for a good night's sleep brace yourself for the opposite.
There are hoards of taxi operators lingering outside the main entrance to the hotel. They'll offer to take you anywhere, even to places that are of a walkable distance. No one will tell you that the metro station is round the corner. I used one taxi with the help--or rather the urging--of the hotel concierge and paid 20 dirhams to the City Mall. I opted not to call him to pick me up for the journey back. The taxi driver from the mall charged me 12 dirhams for the same distance.
For a "free" hotel service it is worth the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front lift unless you are ready to walk an entire soccerfield length!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Mike O

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your detailed review and hope that it will assist other travelers in deciding whether to stay with us.

I was happy to read that you were overall satisfied with your stay at our hotel and have taken note of your comments that suggest that some improvements are possible. I will certainly share your comments with my team, so that we may be able to consider them for future improvements.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family & I stayed here for one night while we were in transit, considering it was provided by Emirates for free in economy class I thought it was reasonable!

We had a 20 minute wait for the shuttle bus that took us very quickly to the hotel, the check in wasn't too long and then the rooms were acceptable, clean & large with comfortable beds. We had free coupons to get dinner & breakfast.The staff were very friendly although the food wasn't very good but who says no to free food? :)
The shuttle was on time & quick for the morning so we were in plenty of time for our flight, all in all I would say it was quite a nice stay considering we were only economy class and it was all paid for by Emirates!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hailey D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I was happy to read your positive and factual account of your stay at our hotel and I will make sure to share your comments about the friendliness of my staff with my colleagues

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was a last minute change in my plan while returning back from Hyderabad coz had to meet somebody in Dubai so Emirates i guess had to give me this hotel. No doubt was given coupons for meals until my flight back to Riyadh but the hotel on one point really disppointed me. My guest could not come to my room so had to arrange the meeting in the lobby - hotel policy I guess - which I found quite strange.
Room was neat and bathroom was okay but the view from my room does not need discussion. I guess from transit hotels one should not expect much. Definitely will not stay there the next time coz I know Dubai now and will make my own arrangements. Last heard that it is under renovation so hope they also make a change in their guest's policy.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank nabeel73

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope that your review will assist other travelers whether to stay at our hotel.

We constantly strive to improve our facilities and services and as such I have noted your comments about the visitor policy. I have of course also taken note of your positive comments about our overall facilities.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here during connecting flights with Emirates. I didn't expect much, so it was ok. I was surprised that the rooms were simple and clean with as much transit guest that they receive. I would compare them to a motel 6 or econolodge in the states but on a hotel scale. I know I would not want to stay longer than overnight. Food was just ok. Too many people huddle around a small buffet, kid crying and people walk all over you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank johnlh
Reviewed July 13, 2012

First of all I must be fair and say we didn't pay for this hotel - it was provided by Emirates as a free transit stop over between Madrid and Auckland. However - I DID consider it as an option for our outbound leg and am very pleased we didn't stay there.

The rooms were dingy and incredibly basic, one thin pillow, (and I woke up in the morning with a rash of bites down the side of my neck!!) bathroom tired, shower was too hot to stand under and I could not get it any colder. We were at the front of the hotel so blinding floodlights lit the room up all night.

Breakfast was also supplied. Coffee from machines, overcooked and uninteresting hot options. All in all next time I would pay for myself and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ifyou have to stay here avoid the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

We are constantly striving to improve our facilities and services, as such I have taken note of your comments about our rooms and the restaurant and would like to let you know that your comments will be discussed amongst our management to consider for future improvement projects.