“Great food, great services and great atmosphere”

Jones the Grocer - Al Manara
Ranked #692 of 10,111 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: jones the grocer is a food emporium stocking a range of specialty products, walk-in cheese room, charcuterie and deli, all of which are amongst a contemporary cafe. Established in 1996 with the flagship store in Sydney – jones the grocer now has 22 stores across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Qatar, Bahrain and the UAE.
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Jones the grocer, high tea cost for 110 dhs start from 1500h and finish 1830h. A selection of scones with home made style berry jam, various sandwiches and pastries.

If that is not what you like then a la carte plenty of side dishes to chose from (various baguettes, wrapped, bagels with turkey, ham, chicken smoked salmon). Prices varied from 25-80dhs, the serving is large so one can share. All sauces are freshly made and the chips are awesome the tomato sauce is also very flavorsome with herbs fusion.

If you have more time perhaps try their cooking class, which run 3-4 times per month.

The place catered for expatriate, so one can browse and shop while waiting for the food.

It an open area style modern cafe, atmosphere is very cosmopolitan

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Travelling, a good breakfast helps get you through the day. New Years Eve confronted us so I was surprised when my son stopped the car outside what appeared like a car warehouse. In fact it is a Grocer and restaurant which serves freshly cooked breakfasts to suit all tastes. 3 of us had the traditional eggs and meat but even then individual variations were allowed. My fried eggs were perfect. The chicken sausage delicious. The veal bacon imaginative. Other guests were enthusiastic about their omelettes, toasts, coffees, smoothies, everything. Swift excellent service (unusual in Dubai).

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Heard so much about this steal and concrete standalone restaurant/coffee shop/organic grocer/cooking school/delicatessen, I had to try it out for myself. I visited Jones on a busy Saturday afternoon and was asked to wait for 40 minutes. Despite the inconvenience, I managed to pass my time browsing at their infinite line of pastries, freshly baked breads, listening in on the head chef creating quite a commotion with his Masterchef style directions and chatting away to friends outside.
The anticipation was really high by now, so we we finally got seated we wanted to sample the biggest selection we could muster in the hopes of "triangulating" the best Jones had to offer, and decide if it is worthy of all the hype.
So among the 3 of us we opted for Medium Scrambled Eggs on Toast, which was seriously perfectly fluffy and delivered exactly what you'd expect from eggs. We followed that up with Seafood Linguini which was not particularly memorable, but decent nevertheless, it needed more chillies in the mix to lift it. But the next item to arrive on our table: the Wagyu Burger with mushy onion topping and Jones' special sauce in a fresh bun was truly a revelation. Full melt-in-your mouth quality bites that were extremely hard to share. Add to that the olive oil fries, ordered separately and the organic passion fruit concoction in the absence of branded sodas, was hard to beat. On the downside, the orders took a while and it was hard to get our waiter's attention. The deserts are good, but not as great as a Time Out reviewer made them out to be unfortunately. Overall, I genuinely recommend Jones the Grocer, but I also urge you to chose your dishes carefully and there's lots to chose from, but not everything is as good as those 3 star dishes we chose on this particular visit. But I salute them for their originality of concept and for choosing Dubai as their location, we're definitely better off for it.

1  Thank TravelswithFouf
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Positives: really tasty food, excellent service, swift in the mornings, always a great atmosphere. The will adapt the menu within reason to cater for amounts and sharing. You can also buy the food as it is a grocers.
Negatives: Location facing SZR is not the best. Sometimes really busy but I would count that as a positive also.
Overall: I keep coming back which says it all.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent, well priced menu. Loads of choices, great service. I just keep going back there!
Can be a bit difficult to find, but if you put the coordinates into your GPS, you'll be fine. Definitely worth it. Close to The Mall of the Emirates and close to Dubai Mall - not far from Jumeriah Beach.
Great gourmet food products available for sale as well.