Had gr8 time staying in the apartment. It is perfect for a family of 4. It can sleep 6. Gracious host. Loved the experience of dubai and location.
We stayed in apartment 3705 for 8 days, and just loved every minute of our stay. A magnificent view over Dubai Marina, a view wich made it difficult to fall asleep in the evening ;-) The apartment was very nice and clean, and fully equipped with all necessities. The booking process went smooth, and they were helpful organizing pick up at the airport. We were welcomed by a nice representative, and the owner had purchased groceries. A nice surprise! We will be back, and we are already looking forward to our next stay in Dubai at The Torch! Thank you very much from the Våg family
• A great apartment and excellent value for money
• Ideal for 4 adults or 4 adults and 2 children
• Flawless booking process
• Patrick and his letting representatives are very helpful and informative
• Arrival process faultless, Patrick's letting representative was very attentive
• Tower reception staff and security very friendly
• A great little welcome hamper (ice, milk, bread etc.) for us on arrival
• A small 24/7 supermarket located immediately adjacent to the tower entrance
• Furnishings were in very good condition and very comfortable
• Entertainer books left for people to use - you can save big money if you use them
• Very clean apartment
• Located next to the Marina shops, restaurants, cafes and hotels
• Not too far from the beach (easy walking distance)
• Other Apartment users are very quiet
The negatives - I hate to state any really as it was such good value for money but this is a review so I'll state them for transparency sake
• Fire damage still evident outside the Tower (does not affect the Apartment at all)
• Pool still out of action (from the fire damage)
• Obvious signs of builders inside (1 lift and communal passageway boarded out)
• Broken plug socket and a couple of cracked floor tiles in Apartment
• Major building work adjacent
Just a quick note on the building work adjacent. This is 24/7 but unless you are a very, very, light sleeper it won't affect you as the building is well sound proofed. To be honest, wherever you go in Dubai you will probably experience some sort of building work in close proximity. In the future the building work may have a major impact on the view (and the noise level as it progresses further) but hopefully not.
So to sum up -
I've had a lot of experience with staying in hotels etc. in Dubai (One and Only Royal Mirage, Marriott Marina, Le Royal Meridien, Al Qasr, Radisson Blu Creek, Marina Byblos, Tecom Byblos, Burj Al Arab, Fairmont Trade Centre, Grosvenor House) and even more in visiting Dubai hotels (too many to mention!). Which leaves me with the big question of where will I be staying next? If there's 4 of us the answer is Patrick's apartment - it's simply such good value for money, if there's 2 I'd probably choose a beach resort and spoil my wife!
Was lovely to be met in reception and shown around the apartment upon arrival.
The apartment is spacious, with two bathrooms, which was really useful with teenagers.
Also the welcome pack was handy as we arrived about one in the morning but could still have a hot drink.
The views are amazing, such a shame the tower that is being built (still at foundations at present) will block the views of the marina in the future.
The noise from the builders wasn't a big deal for us and we still slept well ( beds are very comfortable).
The location is fantastic, close to JBR and not far from the metro to travel around, plus there are always taxis outside reception.
Still no swimming pool as repairs are still taking place but imagine that will finish soon.
All in all the positives far outweighed the builders and lack of pool.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Large groups|
The torch apartment was clean and comfortable enough to stay in ,It is also spacious .
It has everything you need .
If you are a light sleeper than this is not the place for you at the moment due to a 47 floor apartment being built next door ,which was not mentioned in the advert.
This is no fault of the owner but it should have been mentioned.
The view from the balcony is good but you cant enjoy it because of the noise which Is constant ,even at night.
I would also check weather the pool is open as it seems to have been closed for a long time.
The location itself is good with a convienience shop next door ,Even a Supermaket nearby plenty of restraunts nearby and also the marina.The beach isn't too far neither.There is building work going on everywhere in Dubai at the moment so finding a quiet spot maybe hard.
Once the building work outside gets completed I would recommend it ,but at the moment I cant .That Is the only real Negative about the torch.