“Fancy Hotel”

Ranked #73 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Cairo, Egypt
“Fancy Hotel”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

One of the most fancy hotels ever, close to airport and Tennis stadium. Modern design and rooms are amazingly huge, well equipped with amazing light system that enable you to select the light based on your mood, nice shower room and huge bath to relax. staff is extremely friendly and food is great. the hotel offers two swimming pools both are open air, one at 8th floor with nice design for relaxation, and the second one at ground floor heated at winter with nice design that work fine either you wish to train or just to relax.
Close to Deira City center and Dubai mall, but far from Dubai marina and Mall of the emirates.
Recommended for couples and business stay as it is too close to airport.
Nice to have membership from Jumeirah group.
Finally Fascinating, amazing hotel, defiantly recommended

Room Tip: Go for 5th, 7th or 8th Floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your recent experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel and for recommending us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you stay has been a wonderful experience. My sincere appreciation as well for recognizing our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism and be assured that I will share this to the entire team.

It was a pleasure looking after you and we all forward to welcome you back in the future.

Klaus Assmann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the Creekside for four nights on our way home from Australia , we were welcomed at reception with cold towels and fruit drinks which were very welcome. There is nothing we can criticise the hotel for, the stay was excellent ,the staff very friendly and always polite, the rooms kept clean and fresh.There were also nice touches of a basket of fruit and cake brought to our room just after we arrived .The soft drinks mini bar was always replenished.
We would definitely stay at the Creekside should we visit Dubai again.

Room Tip: We had a superia room on the third floor which suited us perfectly.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan S
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time writing a review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

Your complimentary remarks regarding your stay highlighting the exceptional service and facilities that was provided by the hotel was a delight to read. It will be an honor to share your kind comments to the rest of the team.

Once again thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've stayed during last week of February for a global conference. The hotel is very modern, elegant, clean and nice.It is almost 2 minutes to the airport and 10 min away from downtown (Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, etc). First night, when I arrived at the hotel, there was no water so I even could not wash my hands and they did not charge that night. I think it was really thoughtful. The breakfast and lunch options are good. The only comment I would have is that elevators are not functioning very well, either very crowded or does not make a sound when they arrive so that you realize they arrived.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Helsingborg, Sweden
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as a stop-over, which was great! The hotel is located only 5 minutes from the airport, our room and the rooftop terrace were overlooking the Dubai skyline and The Creek golfgourse. Taxis does not cost much so for a few days stop-over the location is great. You can easily access all parts of Dubai with a taxi. We especially appreciated the complimentary tickets to Madinat Jumeriah and Wild Wadi, where we spent a full day. The hotel is very new and stylish. Fun but not practical with the bathtub in the middle of the room, but the kids loved it. Big and comfortable bed. Great breakfast buffet at the Nomad, as well as dinner menu. Pool area was small but nice. Would definately stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view, high floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We are delighted to read your great review regarding your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel and for recommending us on TripAdvisor. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and the view as well as the complimentary tickets provided to Madinat Jumeirah and Wild Wadi. I also appreciate and thankful to you for acknowledging the fresh design and stylish design of the hotel.

It was great having you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am lucky enough to be able to say that I was in Dubai and working on this site at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships when this hotel was a sparkle in an eye, and the reality I experienced during my stay in March was everything I had hoped for. This is a classy, intimate, quality hotel, beautifully appointed and very well run. There are some teething problems that are inherent with anything new, but I am sure they will be quickly dismissed.

The staff are sensational, always willing to help with an enquiry or just for a chat. The room was heaven on a stick! A desk with every kind of charging station you could ever need, a quality coffee and tea station, plenty of storage, a bathroom to die for (with rubber duckie!), free soft mini bar and glory hallelujah, finally a hotel with free internet access. This hotel is beautifully geared towards the business visitor with many configurations of meeting rooms available, easy access to the airport and downtown Dubai, and also to the leisure oriented visitor to Dubai with plenty to do on site and easy access to the rest of Dubai.

There are several restaurants within the hotel which I had not tried but am told were very good, and the rooftop Cu-Ba, and open air area where you can sit back and enjoy the stunning views of Dubai with a cocktail!.The grounds around the hotel have the Irish Village pub, and the many restaurants of the Century Village, and areas to sit and relax with a drink and something to eat around the lake. There is a taxi rank right outside the hotel, and the GGCIO metro station 7 minutes walk away from the front door.

There are many sporting facilities available within the grounds such as volleyball, tennis, swimming and an amazing gym, and across the road, an 18 hole golf course at The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club. Or you can take advantage of the Akaru Spa for a massage or just a hair cut. There is really no reason to leave the hotel and its environs in order to have a beautiful stay in Dubai!

Granted, I am shockingly biased after 21 years of visiting Dubai, but this is really a wonderfully warm and inviting place to stay, and base yourself for the rest of the great things Dubai has to offer.

One of my favourite memories was pressing the button to open the blinds on check in and seeing the view over my beloved tennis stadium.

Maddie Holder; Broadcast Director, Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships

2 Thank MaddieHolder
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your complementing feedback and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time posting a review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We take pride in delivering a unique experience to all our guests and I am pleased to know that we were successful in achieving this for you. Your words will certainly motivate our team to continue on delivering the best service and product.

Once again thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we look forward having you back at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel in the very near future.

Bangkok
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is managed by the Jurmeirah Group, which also manages the so-called 7-star Burj Al Arab, so you know right from the off that you are dealing with a top-notch company. On the whole, it does not disappoint.
I stayed there for 15 nights and the staff provided impeccable service. There was only one minor exception when an egg cook thought it was acceptable to give me a plate covered in grease on one side and oily fingermarks on the other. It was not, and was dealt with promptly by the restaurant management when I brought it to their attention.
There are two distinctly different rooms. I know this because I had to change from one to another. This hotel has a potentially serious problem regarding water. It only sometimes reaches the top floor as it should and I experienced the shower stopping altogether halfway through, the cold water fading to nothing which several times made me leave the shower early as the water was hot enough to be dangerous (why?), and the sink tap often pulsed. Eventually it became too frustrating to deal with and I was moved to a lower floor. That is the only reason I have given this hotel four stars and not five. Get a lower floor than nine and you should be fine.
The first room had an unusual entrance, with a zig zag path between the bathroom and wardrobe. I liked this as it hid the door from much of the room and offered a more intimate feeling to the room. The second room was larger and had a bath protruding into the room. I really do not like that (personal taste) and the first thing I did was hide it with the curtain provided for privacy. The room also opened up immediately you entered which I didn't like, but I glimpsed inside a room in the same area which had greater privacy with the wardrobe there as you looked from the corridor, whereas with mine the first thing you saw was the bed.
My dining experience was confined to breakfast at the Nomad restaurant, where there is a good choice of just about everything you could want, with pork items set on a separate table. You can eat inside or out. There is an interesting bar called Cu-ba. The inside area is completely white with pink lighting at night, and the outdoor terrace is large and also includes a small swimming pool that, incidentally, juts out over the lobby from seven floors up. Just a little. The terrace also includes a spectacular view of Dubai and the world's tallest building, the Burj Kalifa, as well as the creek. In the other direction you look over the tennis stadium to the airport which is little more than five minutes away by taxi. Don't worry - you do not hear the planes.
The metro is about 10 minutes walk. There are several restaurants nearby, including in the area surrounding the tennis stadium but also if you turn right outside of the creek entrance to the hotel (there is also another entrance which is best used for taxis and the metro).
The lighting console can be a little confusing so I just hit 'Master', and you can also open and close the cutains electronically. There is a free soft drinks mini bar, and hidden away is coffee and tea - look for a little cup emblem and it's behind there. I'm sure some guests may never know it's there!
One tiny, tiny thing - it is difficult to know when a lift has arrived at your floor, unless you stand very well back. That is the only way you can see all four doors, and they are silent so you need to be alert.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the top floor because of their water pump problem.
2 Thank Barry Wood
USA
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The stay went without a hitch, staff was always going overboard to make sure everything was not only right, but perfect. Dinner in the room was prompt, and better than anticipated. Great work by everyone there.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor andhad no issues at all with noise and still had a great view of the golf co...
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your complimenting review of your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed the hotel facilities and services and it is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of service that Jumeirah is renowned for.

Once again thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor, your comments are important to us and your feedback is much appreciated.

I, along with the entire team look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future