“great place”

Ranked #75 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
sofia
“great place”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

we stayed for 7 nights.the hotel is very very nice looking,the rooms are spacious ,very clean and very nice furnished.i liked very much the style of the hotel and this hotel definitely fit to my taste.they have so many interesting art props,that I felt like I am at home.the bed is very comfort.
the location is not very good,it is far from everything ,only close to the airport.they have shuttle bus to dubai mall,emirates mall and jumeriah beach but it takes too long time to wait to go to these places,so we used taxi.
it's 30 dhr = approx.8 $ to go to dubai mall,50 dhr is the taxi to emirates mall and 70-80 drh to Atlantis hotel.the service is some part of the hotel is good,other are not ok.the first days in the breakfast we ordered more than five time and finally to everybody our tea and coffee but all waitreses was bad and didn't bring us anything.the last days we stayed outside of the resturant,next to the swimming pool and the barman-one Russian man was very nice and polite.he served very fast everything,so finally we were able to breakfast normal.
other thing which was bad is that our room was connected to another room(even we asked before arrival to have quiet room).the guests in the room connected to us was couple with crying baby.we couldn't sleep two nights and we felt like the baby is in our bed,maybe the wall are too thin.We complained and the management tried to make us happy.we went to a privet city tour in Abu dabi 600 DRH but was very boring,there is noting to see in bay daby except the grand mosque.I recommend to go in nobu resturant,it was really good

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and your kind acknowledgement of the hotel’s fresh and unique design is very much appreciated.

I have noted all your feedback especially with the quality of service that you’ve experienced during breakfast and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. High level and quality of service is very important to us, thus I have shared your comment to the relevant department and rest assured that this matter is being looked at. I do hope that this isolated incident will not deter you and your family from staying with us again.

We hope to welcome you again and ensure that your next stay with us will be a seamless one.

Klaus Assmann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
england
Reviewed January 1, 2013

New hotel only opened during last summer. The rooms are nice with marble floors and bathroom with separate bath and shower. The alcohol free minibar is all free and stocked up daily which is a nice touch compared to most 5 star hotels who charge the earth for a can of Coke. Every evening they come to the room with complimentary food such as fruit, pastries, chocolates, which is also a nice touch. Nice pool area and it borders the Irish Village which has lots of restaurants and coffee shops. On the Creekside close to the airport so no beach nearby although they do have a shuttle service to the beach. For me, this is a top hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah Creekside Hotel!

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us. I sincerely appreciate that you’ve taken the time to share your personal experience from your visit and that you have highlighted some of our great services and unique facilities particularly the complimentary minibar and our amenity trolley.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed for a conference in Jumeirah for 3 nights. Food was excellent. Free Wifi. Its a new hotel but value for money. Rooms are spacious with great facilities. 10 min from Dubai Airport & ideal for Business meetings. Overall rating is very Good!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for the great review; I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was a pleasure looking after you and we look forward welcoming you back soon.

Hong Kong
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just stayed there for 3 nights during X'mas time. The hotel is quite new, just opened several months time. That's why I would like to try it after reading many good comments from TA and also it's a member of Jumeirah group. Unfortunately, we encountered different kind of problems. Starting from the check-in, it's noted that the asked room rate was different from what's quoted during my booking. It took almost half an hour to tangle with the front office staff. Finally, it's resolved next day. Then, another absurd thing happened. I was blocked by the security staff standing in front of the lifts and asked me to leave the luggage to them for 'scanning'. His manner was impolite. He said the luggage would be bring to my room after few minutes. I didn't agree with it. I have been travelling the world for many many years and lived in many many hotels, but this is the only hotel doing such crazy thing. I talked to the Asst. front office manager, but he said he didn't know other hotel's policy, but it's Jumeirah policy requiring Jumeiorah policy. OK, I'm exhausted to debate anymore and just let them to take my luggage to do it helplessly and standing at the lift lobby to wait them. Eventually, I gone in the room, but we found that it's a King bed room instead of twin bed room. I then have to go back to the reception to show them the booking confirmation document for the correct room type. Back and forth, the check-in process took almost an hour to settle all the problems.

I can't say it is not a good hotel. Its hardware is new, modern and beautiful. However, its software is not up to the 5 star standard and I have to say it's not ready yet.

Locationwise, it's good for overnight stay since it's near the airport (just a few minutes taxi ride). However, it's far away from the tourist attractions. Normally, it will take at least 15-30 minutes taxi ride to Burj Khalifa, Jumeirah beach, Mall of Emirates, Dubai Marina, etc. Don't expect to take the shuttle bus since the schedule is not frequent and i's always full even 135 minutes before the schedule.

I agree with some TA members mentioned about the problem with the water supply. The hot and cold water supply is running unstablely, but I have to thank God we still can use the shower comparing to the bad experience encountered by some TA members previously.

The service of this hotel is below par - requested morning call is not done in the first morning, the housekeeping is not good to keep the room clean, the security staff standing in front of the lift never greet you & stare you in a hostile way, there's only 1 staff at the concierge area handling too many customers. Overall, this is a 5 star standard hotel in terms of servicing.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the golf course and city view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CChanHK
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time on posting a review on Trip Advisor.

I was dismayed to read that you left the hotel disappointed and that we failed to accomplish your requests on different occasions. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the shortcomings and rest assured that I have addressed all of your comments with my senior leadership so as to ensure that they are not repeated in future.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the uncomfortable stare by our security colleague and once again my apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment concerning the same and will take corrective actions.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your fate in Jumeirah Creekside Hotel and will assure you that your next stay will be a pleasant one.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and hope to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Oman
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We decided to stay here for 3 nights for Christmas because of the special offer & excellent reviews. And we made a right choice!!
The service was excellent, the room was beautiful & spacious, great facilities & restaurants were much more than convenient.
Also complementary snacks, free mini bar, free access to Wild Wadi (which we forgot to use!!) and nice touch for our anniversary were beyond our expect.
The location wasn't a problem at all for us as we had a car & it was close to Festival city etc.
I would love to come back again, maybe when Dubai Open is on.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing us Jumeirah Creekside Hotel to spend your Christmas amongst of all the hotels available in Dubai.

I am delighted to read that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with the facilities and customer service exemplified by our colleagues.

I have shared your feedback to the entire team and they are thrilled to hear that they have made your holiday and anniversary a memorable one.

Thank you again for taking the time posting your review on Tripadvisor and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sussex,UK
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Well, choosing this hotel twice in 4 months really sums up how I feel about it:) The developments since we stayed very shortly after opening are clear to see. Nomad was closed then, now open and frankly Ruby is just the perfect manager to have in there, NOTHING is too much trouble.

Blue Flame restaurant in JCH is my favourite in Dubai, the food is first class and I must mention Teresa the Manager, so very professional yet great to chat with. My two children love it too and the blue candyfloss they gave us made it back to England on the plane to show friends!

We were lucky enough to be on the executive level this time in a fabulous corner suite, very big and spacious. The great breakfast in Nomad started the day off very well, but the afternoon and tea that just kept coming out to us in the lounge were amazing! Very pretty to look at,but it would have been rude not to eat them all! the chef is a great talent. I do have to give special mention to the lovely John in the lounge, such a brilliant member of staff and such a sweetie, although Myrtyl and Kate were both extremely good too.

This hotel is very beautiful to look at , i have said this before, but, it's the staff that make it. Klaus, Donald, Nicky and Sophie are world class standard, and yet again we can't thank you enough. We WILL be back :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am very much delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel for the second time around and that you were particularly pleased with the excellent service provided mainly by Ruby, Teresa, John, Mrytyl, Katie together with our Executives as well. Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but will inspire them to continue providing the best service experience for all our guests and it will be a pleasure to share with them your kind compliments.

I sincerely appreciate as well that you have considered Blue Flame as your favorite restaurant in Dubai amongst the millions of restaurants available and glad that the kids were also happy with their candy floss that they’ve received. It gives me great pleasure to know that all our guests are happy and satisfied not just the adults but including kids as well.

It was a pleasure having you. I, along with the entire team look forward in having you and your family back here at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel hopefully in the near future.

Once again thank you for taking the time posting your experience at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I have travelled around the world and stayed at many 5 stars hotel but let me tell you this hotel is one of the best i have ever been in. Every little detail is taken care of. From an awesome welcome treat to being given a free mini bar this hotel has everything a guest would need. The room service is extremely efficient.Every luxury that a person would need starting with expresso machines to ipod docks to every other details has been looked after and the price is great too for what it offers.Definitely gonna recommend this.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your overwhelming feedback and sharing your experience on Trip advisor.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel had been a wonderful experience and for complementing us as one of the best 5 star hotel that you’ve stayed at. I also appreciate you highlighting the exceptional facilities and customer service provided particularly by our room service team.

Once again thank you for your wonderful remarks and for recommending us on trip advisor.

I, on behalf of the entire team look forward to welcoming you back soon.