“Stay here! SPEAK EASY!”

Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #142 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
“Stay here! SPEAK EASY!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Speak Easy has become my favorite hang out. Great ambiance and bar tenders and good food. Shubert, Shanta, Francis, Senis and Albina all take care of us! DJ Daniela is a great time on Thursday and Friday nights! Darts and a jukebox as well, what else does a traveler need?

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Matthew R
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Matthew R,

Thank you for posting a great review of your stay at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence. We are pleased that you experienced the award-winning Speakeasy Bar and Restaurant, the American themed bar reflecting the traditions of speakeasies from the prohibition era of 1920's where you can enjoy the wide selections of drinks, cigars, burgers and grills, including daily theme nights, a jukebox, live band and a dart area. Next time try our signature Fogueira Restaurant for the authentic all-you-can-eat Brazilian barbeque features endless cuts of meat that are served straight to your table. Your kind compliments are very much appreciated, especially for the named staff, Shubert, Shanta, Francis, Senis and Albin, who are very much looking forward to offering you a warm welcome on your return visit. Should you ever require any assistance when planning your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Alper Can Bulcum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed in 2 bedroom apartment, it comes with big kitchen completed with its cooking equipment, 2 and half bathrooms, big living and dining room. Convenient location, surrounded by restaurants and shopping, walk to the beach.

The price is cheaper compared to other hotels in the area. The staff are friendly and helpful. Check in could be faster though. Overall, we are very happy with the hotel and we definitely stay there again.

1 Thank EvieMills
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear EvieMills,

We really appreciate your compliments and for highlighting what makes the hotel so special and particularly enjoyed the location and spacious room. Truly, the hotel is close to the prime beachfront entertainment destination at the heart of the bustling "The Walk", with immediate access to many of Dubai's major sights, spectacular Mediterranean and Arab architecture, where guests can relax and enjoy. Your acknowledgment of the staff and their service is greatly appreciated, we try our best to give you the best service at the best price possible and we really appreciate that you value all our efforts. I have addressed your check-in comments with the team and we have reviewed and refreshed the training as required. We hope to see you and your family again soon! Remember that returning guest’s room preferences are given top priority so please be sure to contact us for your next reservation.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great hotel - great location but the available wi-fi is appalling. I was on a business trip and stayed in an Executive Room. You would have imagined internet communication was paramount? No so. Constantly, you have to re-log in and the signal is often non-existent. If hotels are going to attract business travellers, they MUST provide up-to-date and reliable communications.

Room Tip: It's worth upgrading to an 'Executive Room' with a Marina View
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear NevilleMac,

Thank you for staying with us at the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with our IT Manager and we’re confident that necessary adjustments will be made in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Please be so kind to contact us on your future reservation and we will be glad to help you with any special request in order to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Kincardineshire, Scotland
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed at Ramada Plaza for 8 nights 5- 13 April and could not have made a better choice as the reason to come to Dubai was to visit my resident daughter, who lives 3 minutes away across the road at Bay Central on the Marina !
Very late arrival but check in speedy and courteous and was very pleased to be offered Bed/Breakfast upgrade from Room Only package, very happy. There is a new Tourist Tax which the nightly rate varies depending on room size but this was explained at Reception and I already had an email from BA Holidays regarding this. Also asked for at check in is 500 Drhms cr card deposit. Allocated nice room on 7 th Floor facing Marina, with daughters building nearby. Also through Wyndham Rewards , free Wifi, however patchy at times. We had enormous King bed but had to wait for the extra bed for my other daughter to arrive , but then made up nicely with towel decorations etc. Even though there were 3 adults in the room, the room size and storage was fine compared to UK standards. I especially liked the bathroom speaker connected to the TV so I could sing in the shower ! Sorry , fellow guests ! Requests to Housekeeping staff responded to quickly, thank you. In fact all the staff we found to be lovely, from the Lift Security, to Reception, cleaners etc. Used the Speakeasy Bar several times for a cold beer after hot day on the beach. The beach package is great value which we took advantage of, fresh towels daily, water, beach bag/mat/parasol. Nice touch.
Breakfasts plentiful with lots of choice and pleasant staff.
We found the lifts to be fine, not as bad as I thought due to previous reviewers comments, the only time we had a bit of a wait was the last couple of days of our break but as It was school holidays and the Dubai weekend this was understandable.
We did not need to use taxis or Shuttle service to Emirates Mall as our daughter drove us everywhere incl airport pick ups so cant comment on these.
Beach is very close as is The Walk with numerous shops and restaurants to choose from. Supermarket very near hotel too. We did not use hotel pool but looked nice if busy, as was on beach most days or used our daughters pool across the road. The weather was beautiful for the whole of our stay and we had a relaxed family holiday and would return again any time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Jennifer30,

It makes me really happy to read that you liked all aspects of your stay with us at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence. Glad you particularly loved the bathroom speaker, we do receive lovely comments about it and I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of this. We do have several categories of room here and all are different size and view depending on where they are positioned in the hotel and also which category is booked. I see you had breakfast with
us and thought this was fantastic, many guests say that this sets them up for the day. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and it would be lovely to welcome you back and your family for another amazing holiday. Be sure to contact us in advance for your next reservation so that we can be sure that your room preferences are given top priority.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is a great hotel. I have just returned back to the UK today having spent 6 nights at this hotel. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was on the 20th floor room 2006. I had with me my kids and the rooms are really spacious. The kids loved it. The hotel is 2 mins from JBR walk and the beach is very close to the hotel. There are some amazing restaurants, although we are very picky as to what we eat, we had a variety of choices. The wifi in our room was amazing although some reviewers were saying it was not good. The staff are really friendly especially Wasim Malik who works in the reception Lobby parking cars. I would definantly stay at this hotel again. Make sure you have some money with you as the hotel takes 500dirhams when you first check in. This is refundable at the end of your stay, however the hotel will take 30 dirham a night taxes from the 500 dirhams. Also my recommendation to the hotel is that they have another bed with the king size bed in case of a child not wanting to sleep in his own room. Recommend this hotel so go and enjoy your stay here. Tariq Khan & Family (Bradford, UK) 19.04.2014

Room Tip: If with family choose a balcony room as the kids will enjoy it
2 Thank Papertin999
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Papertin999,

Wow, thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us recently. I am so pleased that you and your kids loved our spacious 2 bedroom apartment. We think they are great for families or even 4 adults and 2 kids who wish to share as they are more spacious and have a fabulous Marina/sea view. We also thank you for the extra bed recommendation, it is important for us to receive such feedback to ensure that your stay is the best it possible can be. Referring to the extra 30 dirham, this is the recently imposed 'Tourism Dirham' municipality fee that applies to all guests staying in all genres and rating of holiday accommodation including hotels and hotel apartments. We very much appreciate your review and will be forwarded to the team especially to Wasim Malik, who are very much looking forward to offering you a warm welcome on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll be more than happy to assist you with your future reservation!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

It is with great regret that I have to express my huge disappointment with my dealings with the Ramada Plaza as myself and my partner for the most part enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately it is the post service that had left me terribly disappointed and financially damaged.

Check in was slow and after a mix up regarding a studio booked through booking.com, I was offered an upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment. The first room was very noisy due to the ongoing construction taking place on the marina side but after a call to reception we where relocated to the rear of the hotel and the replacement apartment was very good with little noise pollution, the rest of the holiday went well and we enjoyed the rest of our stay.

However after checking out, settling my bill and returning home I checked my bank statement and to my horror discovered I had been charged twice and therefore going overdrawn! In total over £2350 has been debited from my account for a stay that should of been £1200. The level and quality of response from the staff I have contacted at the Ramada Plaza have been equally disappointing with very little communication from any staff member and being ignored when asking for the general managers contact details of whom I'm hoping will respond to this review as he does with every positive feedback left on this site.

This is a huge error and the lack of communication has left me unsure and extremely worried as to if this is going to be resolved, not to mention the financial implications.

As this is a review site and not a problem page I will offer some advice if you are looking to book at this hotel. The rooms and location are good and the staff on site for the most part where helpful but their mishandling of cards resulting in a huge overpayment has most certainly left me wishing I had booked somewhere else and my focus now, taking up valuable time is to seek to regain my financial loses, seek compensation and has me left struggling to pay my own bills!

I look forward to a reply.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Daniel R
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear DMartin41,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you were double-charged to your credit card by the bank for your recent stay with us. As explained on my previous email received from you through info@ramadaplazajbr.com, the error was indeed not from our side and we are following up with the credit card centre to sort out the issue immediately. We did confirm with them that the funds were already refunded to your account on the 16th April and it will normally take 10 to 14 working days to be settled in your bank. Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused and I assure you we did make every effort to correct the charge.

Liss, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have stayed at the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach from 4th April to 12th April with my husband & 12 years old son. I was bit worried about my plan to Dubai before we go because my son's special needs. I've contacted to Ms. Laura Gunaseelan ( Guest Relations Manager ) about my concern before the trip. She understood all my concern & gave us very warm welcome on first day. It was also our wedding anniversary. Ms. Gunaseelan left lovely card & fruits platter also chocolate cake with Happy anniversary message. It was lovely surprise. My son loved breakfast & swimming pool especially. The staffs are all very friendly and helpful! The room was great size compare to other hotels in western country. The beach,shopping, restaurants, metro station, Dubai marina etc...all in 5 to 10 min.you never get bored!
We tried room service couple times because the room was so nice we wanted to stay & enjoy the family time. great tasty food! 35 floor has sky bar. lovely atmosphere!

We will definitely stay again when we go to Dubai. also will recommend to our friends & family!

Thank you again for your great service during our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed 7th & 21th floor rooms. both really good size and nice & quiet.
3 Thank Leo702014
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Leo702014,

It is lovely that you chose Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence to celebrate your anniversary and that you thought we made your Dubai trip special. It really warms my heart to read that your experience was truly great. My team will be really happy to hear that you found them all very friendly and helpful and that they were able to help you with your son's requirements, I have passed on your special thanks to Laura and she is thankful for your acknowledgement. I work closely with them to achieve this and am proud of them. We would like to offer our congratulations to you and to your wife once more, and look forward to welcoming you and your family on many more special occasions and anniversaries. Please do contact us for your next visit and we will be happy to assist you with your reservation.