“Great location, great staff”

Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #155 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I don't find the views in Dubai particularly inspiring due to all the construction in most places, however as this was my third trip here it was what I expected. If your looking for guaranteed sunshine and great food then Dubai is the place for you.
This hotel is in a fabulous location with links to explore all attractions with ease and taxi fares being of a reasonable price.
The staff here are all very friendly and accommodating, however it would be appreciated if women were addressed as much as the male visitors. I realise this partly a cultural thing, however my husband was the one who was mostly addressed and at times I found it a little offensive.
The food for the most part was delicious, and we were offered a 50% discount on the buffet one afternoon in the empty restaurant. I believe this is because the price per head was too expensive as we were all pleasantly surprised why the restaurant was so empty when the buffet food was so delicious. It was truly a great dining experience.
The nearby beach is still under construction so it's not really a pleasant sight, and there seems to be no litter control as the sand is filled with rubbish and cigarette butts. Yuck.
The pool isn't very big due to the location which for me was quite disappointing as it only got some sun in the morning and due to the fact we travelled in December it could get quite chilly in the shade so we didn't get much use.
The Brazilian on the 35th floor was excellent, and the chill out shisha bar is worth a visit.
We stayed in a family suite which was lovely, spacious and felt like a home away from home although a few more dishes would have been nice. For example 2 cups was all we had between us.
Friday brunch is something to be experienced in and around all the hotels, we visited Al Qsar, although expensive you got your monies worth on unlimited branded alcohol and so much variety of food it has to be seen to be believed.
If Dubai is definitely a place you want to visit, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest From Berkshire,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We really appreciate your compliments and thank you for highlighting what makes the hotel special and particularly enjoyed the service of our very friendly and accommodating team members. Your comment regarding the female visitor has been forwarded to the Front Office Manager to review the training policy. I am also pleased that you liked your lovely and spacious room and enjoyed the delicious food in our Restaurant, our Chefs would definitely be very pleased to receive your wonderful feedback. Referring back to your dishes comments, please be advised that we do provide a kitchen pack that includes all basic kitchen needs upon request and we regret that we were not able to extend this information during your arrival. I certainly apologize for the size of the swimming pool but will certainly use your comment to improve in this area. Unfortunately, the construction and littering nearby the beach is out of our control. As you understand, JBR is one of the trendiest lifestyle destinations in Dubai and I am so sorry that these works impacted on your stay and I would ask you to please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for recommending our hotel, we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the future.

Alper Can Bulcum & Team

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hotel location, service, staff and rooms all were Excellent.

I have only one comment: Wi-Fi signal inside the room was poor.

Special Thanks to Mary (Reception Team) for her Professional work and Lovely dealing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest From Netherland,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your lovely experience at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

It is so wonderful to hear that you liked the hotel location, your beautifully appointed room and particularly the impeccable service extended to you by Ms. Mary Anne, as we pride ourselves on our 'I Am committed to creating caring experiences' standards and training where every member of staff enjoys going the extra mile to exceed all our guest’s expectations. Please note that we have taken note of your Wi-Fi comments and rest assured that appropriate action will be taken to avoid this kind of inconvenience in the near future.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you on your second visit.

Alper Can Bulcum & Team

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Christmas evening dinner for 750 dirham was very bad. Al lot of money for cold and a little bit food.
A shame that a group of British people claimed a part of the roof of the 35th floor. They were drunk and agressive to us. The worst Christmas evening ever in the world. Regardless that the workers of the hotel were informed, nothing was done.

1  Thank Johannes V
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Guest From Netherlands,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

However, I am very concerned to read your feedback and comments, and would prefer to address you personally and privately. Your experience does not match our Workmanship of Creating Caring Experience policy and training, nor is this our hotel policy and practice.

I do understand that with a busy schedule your down time is very precious and you want to enjoy it and want it to be perfect. I am sorry that this wasn’t the case. But I do hope that you will give us another chance and visit again and I can personally assure you that your stay will not only be memorable but unforgettable.

Once again my apologies and would kindly request that you contact me thru info@ramadaplazajbr.com.

Alper Can Bulcum and Team

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Came for 3 nights with my daughter. Our room was fantastic -spacious and clean with nice view. Check in was a shambles as was check out. Reception staff were I attentive and spent ages doing simple things and paid no attention to the growing crowds of people trying to get service, staff seems poorly trained. As the first and last impression of this place it didn't do the overall experience justice. The lifts were absolutely shocking, being on a high floor the wait seemed endless and frustrating. It's the only place I've been with lifts that bad! However, the non reception staff were nice and patient. Food was ok but not exceptional in any way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest From London,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

We are sincerely sorry that your experience with our Reception team did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment. Please note that I have personally passed your feedback to the Department Head concerned in order to review our processes and procedures to avoid this kind of inconvenience in the near future. Also please note that our Chief Engineer is currently working on the best possible ways to improve the speed of elevators.

However, I am pleased that you found the room to be clean and spacious. Once again, please accept my sincere apology and I hope to have the opportunity to offer you a different experience in the future.

Alper Can Bulcum and Team

Reviewed December 29, 2013

@nd stay after being impressed in April. Small issues, but built up. Firstly, I had prepaid and told we hadn't. Proceeded to present me with bill. Then after I refused called and confirmed I had indeed paid. Had to call reception on 3 seperate occasions for towels. There were 4 of us in room but insisted on leaving 3. We had the IT "manager" to room twice as WIFI pathetic, cut out constantly if it worked at all. After 2nd attempt we gave up and used 3G, life is too short sometimes. No answer when leaving at conscierge desk so carried own luggage downstairs, and the lifts oh the lifts. Take a book with you they take forever to arrive and you generally have to go through employee areas with washing, employee notices etc to get out. We'll probably try elsewhere. We stayed 15 nights this year in 2 stays. They did leave a santa stocking on xmas eve which was a nice touch and the breakfast staff good. Just make sure you get there before 8.45am or expect to queue.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Guest from Cardiff,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Ramada Plaza JBR.

I regret to hear that although we impressed you during your first stay in April and you have chosen us again, this time we did not manage to meet your expectations.
I am truly sorry for this, and let me apologize hereby for all the inconveniences you had. We appreciate all feedback, especially constructive comments, as these help us to celebrate our successes and address our challenges to serve you better in the future.

I was happy to read that you found our breakfast staff good and that you appreciated our Santa stocking as a small gesture on X-mas day.

Please accept our apologies once again, and I do hope that you will give us another chance to show you our real standard of services and we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,