“Christmas evening dinner for 750 dirham was very bad. Al...”

Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #140 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Netherland
“Christmas evening dinner for 750 dirham was very bad. Al...”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Christmas evening dinner for 750 dirham was very bad. Al lot of money for cold and a little bit food.
A shame that a group of British people claimed a part of the roof of the 35th floor. They were drunk and agressive to us. The worst Christmas evening ever in the world. Regardless that the workers of the hotel were informed, nothing was done.

1 Thank Johannes V
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest From Netherlands,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

However, I am very concerned to read your feedback and comments, and would prefer to address you personally and privately. Your experience does not match our Workmanship of Creating Caring Experience policy and training, nor is this our hotel policy and practice.

I do understand that with a busy schedule your down time is very precious and you want to enjoy it and want it to be perfect. I am sorry that this wasn’t the case. But I do hope that you will give us another chance and visit again and I can personally assure you that your stay will not only be memorable but unforgettable.

Once again my apologies and would kindly request that you contact me thru info@ramadaplazajbr.com.

Best Regards,

Alper Can Bulcum and Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Came for 3 nights with my daughter. Our room was fantastic -spacious and clean with nice view. Check in was a shambles as was check out. Reception staff were I attentive and spent ages doing simple things and paid no attention to the growing crowds of people trying to get service, staff seems poorly trained. As the first and last impression of this place it didn't do the overall experience justice. The lifts were absolutely shocking, being on a high floor the wait seemed endless and frustrating. It's the only place I've been with lifts that bad! However, the non reception staff were nice and patient. Food was ok but not exceptional in any way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest From London,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

We are sincerely sorry that your experience with our Reception team did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment. Please note that I have personally passed your feedback to the Department Head concerned in order to review our processes and procedures to avoid this kind of inconvenience in the near future. Also please note that our Chief Engineer is currently working on the best possible ways to improve the speed of elevators.

However, I am pleased that you found the room to be clean and spacious. Once again, please accept my sincere apology and I hope to have the opportunity to offer you a different experience in the future.

Best Regards,

Alper Can Bulcum and Team
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013

@nd stay after being impressed in April. Small issues, but built up. Firstly, I had prepaid and told we hadn't. Proceeded to present me with bill. Then after I refused called and confirmed I had indeed paid. Had to call reception on 3 seperate occasions for towels. There were 4 of us in room but insisted on leaving 3. We had the IT "manager" to room twice as WIFI pathetic, cut out constantly if it worked at all. After 2nd attempt we gave up and used 3G, life is too short sometimes. No answer when leaving at conscierge desk so carried own luggage downstairs, and the lifts oh the lifts. Take a book with you they take forever to arrive and you generally have to go through employee areas with washing, employee notices etc to get out. We'll probably try elsewhere. We stayed 15 nights this year in 2 stays. They did leave a santa stocking on xmas eve which was a nice touch and the breakfast staff good. Just make sure you get there before 8.45am or expect to queue.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Guest from Cardiff,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Ramada Plaza JBR.

I regret to hear that although we impressed you during your first stay in April and you have chosen us again, this time we did not manage to meet your expectations.
I am truly sorry for this, and let me apologize hereby for all the inconveniences you had. We appreciate all feedback, especially constructive comments, as these help us to celebrate our successes and address our challenges to serve you better in the future.

I was happy to read that you found our breakfast staff good and that you appreciated our Santa stocking as a small gesture on X-mas day.

Please accept our apologies once again, and I do hope that you will give us another chance to show you our real standard of services and we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Michael Zager & Team
Oman
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family and I just spent a full week at Ramada Plaza JBR; it was a great experience, the whole team there is amazing, they make you feel at home. the location is the best you can find in Dubai: JBR where the best beach, the best restaurants and chill out venues are simply next to u. The food is great in all the venues of this hotel.
I am a frequent traveler to Dubai and I choose this hotel every time I go to Dubai.

Dear Guest from Oman,

Thank you very much for posting this fantastic review, it is always a reward for me and my team to receive such a great feedback.

I was pleased to read that you and your family had a most enjoyable stay with us, and we could make you feel at home.
Thank you also for your compliments regarding our great staff. I am always the most delighted to read these comments as we take pride in going to extra mile to exceed guests` expectations.

I am very happy that you are one of our returning guests, which is highly appreciated and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,

Michael Zager &Team
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This break was an "add on" following 3 weeks holiday in Queensland.
On an early arrival following a long flight we were greeted courteously at Reception and booking in was swift and efficient.
We were amazed when entering our room to find red rose petals over the bed, a ' towel sculpture ' of two swans and a beautiful chocolate anniversary cake, along with a sumptuous fruit basket on the table . Unbeknown to us our daughter had emailed the hotel shortly before our arrival informing them of our celebration!
Thank you Ramada!
Although we are only here for a few days, all seems good, although lifts can be busy. I agree with an earlier comment that security personnel appear to be "over riding" the guests pushing the button @ floors!
We look forward to completing our short break here, enjoying free wi-fi, the closeness of the beach, the Walkway and, of course, great weather!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest from Rochester,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience at the Ramada Plaza JBR!

I was delighted to read that the small gestures and little extras from the hotel made your Anniversary even more memorable and a special one. We do believe in attention to detail, and we are striving to give personalized service to each and every guest.

Thank you also for your kind words about our courteous staff, free Wi-Fi and the hotel`s great location.

We would be pleased to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

Best regards,