“Really loved staying here!”

Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #167 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were booked for 5 nights in an Executive room. Check in was quick, easy and informative.
The room was lovely. Very large, modern, clean and inviting. It was a pleasure coming back each day. The bed was very comfortable and the fruit/desert platter on our arrival was a nice surprise.
Breakfast in the executive lounge was just perfect. All but one morning we dined alone, and felt very privileged with the outstanding service the girls provided. There was an abundance of choice, as well as asking for addition things like omelettes, which would of been prepared on request. We only stopped by one time for the afternoon food, but after that, wished we had come each night. Again lots of choices of finger foods and drinks.
I would definitely stay again!
The Ramada JBR was close to the Walk, the beach, supermarket and we even walked to a shopping centre we could see from the balcony on the top floor. Hot walk, but worth it!
Would like to pass on my thanks to all the friendly staff for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear guests from Perth,
many thanks for your great feedback and review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay so much! Booking a room on the Executive floor is really a special treat as it gives you a lot more priviledges and even more value during your stay like free private breakfast in the executive lounge on the 17th floor, airport pick up or drop off, snacks and drinks during the day and private check in / check out - any room and reservation can be upgraded - at reservation or at check in - just ask.
Thank you very much for staying at the Ramada Plaza JBR!
Best regards from Dubai
Michael Zager & team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at your hotel from the 26th May to the 2nd June and just wanted to say a massive thank you to all the staff at the hotel for making my first visit to Dubai memorable. Every staff member I came into contact with while I was there was friendly, welcoming and polite. From the receptionists, management, concierge, security guards, housekeeping staff, engineering, bartenders, restaurant staff, the excursions organiser. Everyone was brilliant. My stay at your hotel was amazing, the room was beautiful, the food was exquisite and I couldn't thank you anymore for making our holiday so special. I will definitely be recommending you to all my family and friends and the next time I come to Dubai, I will definitely be booking with you again

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Tenten2
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear guest,
many thanks for your excellent review and feedback summarized as 'brilliant'.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so proud of my whole team here at the Ramada Plaza JBR - everyone here goes the extra mile to make sure our guests have an amazing experience and enjoying their stay. Thank you for making us the 'Winner of the Tripadvisor Excellence Certificate 2013' which we have just received! This motivates us even more to continue delivering oustanding guest services.
Thank you, looking forward to welcoming you back in Dubai
Best regards, Michael Zager & team

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Positives

* Close to the beach - approx 5 minutes
* Restaurants within walking distance
* Spacious room, cot provided on request
* Iron/board already in the room

Negatives

* There are no clear signs to the hotel, so if you are driving, you must ask the hotel for clear directions otherwise you will go round in circles

* The hotel staff were not quick enough to get us milk for our child and cot, we had a late check-in (approx 11pm).

* It cost us 24aed approx £4.50 to get 10 onz of milk.

* Breakfast is 110 AED per person per day, approx £17, it's cheaper to eat in the nearby cafes and restaurants, variety of breakfast options.

* After a late night check-in we were disturbed at 8:15 in the morning by the hotel worker who wanted to check the mini-bar, my wife asked him to go away and come back later, he was adamant that he had to check it at that time. This did not only spoil our sleep, but also our 2 year old baby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank iashraf82
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear guests from England,
thank you for your review and valuable feedback which helps us to improve our services. I'm sorry to hear that you had difficulties finding the hotel. After a lenghty burocratic process, we have no received the authorization to install hotel signage at street level Dubai Marina which is also the best direction to follow from Downtown Dubai. I have checked with room service and minibar and we have taken your feedback regarding milk, speed and disturbance by minibar service seriously and changed/improved the process. Thank you for that!
Best regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I found too much bed's insects wich disappoint me.
I have got skin sensitive because of it.

I have photos for the insects and my skin and i am trying to up load it here.

They exchanged my room to suite but that was not enough because i didn't enjoy my vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Aziz989

Dear guest,
thank you for your comments and feedback while you were still at the hotel. I am very sorry that you had this bad eperience - please accept my sincere apologies.
We have taken immediate action and coorected the situation in this room. This was an isolated incident that has triggered not only a full investigation but drastic meassures to avoid this in future. Many thanks for bringing this to our attention. As a matter of goodwill and showing you that we accept nothing below 'excellent', we want to invite you back to the Ramada Plaza JBR as our guest for a weekend. I will contact you on your private e-mail or alternatively contact me at gm@ramadaplazajbr.com so we can arrange.
My apologies and sincere thanks.
Kind regards, Michael Zager & team

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having just returned home, let me start by saying that this a very nice hotel. We had what would be the basic room called 'Superior', an enormous 6ft wide bed with a roll away for my daughter. (the roll away bed was rock hard, she slept on a spare pillow each night) .It was spotlessly clean, the housekeeping staff were practically invisible, they came in, did a great job and disappeared again, even at turn down time. There were always a good supply of clean towels and the hotel was very generous with free bottles of water in the room, we never ran out. This was a much appreciated touch in 40 degree heat.

Many people on Trip Advisor have commented on the same things such as the lifts and the lobby, so I wont go in to much detail, but here are a few bits of info that I would have liked to know before I booked this hotel, hope they will be useful to someone else- it's a mum thing!

Lifts
The lobby is tiny, and the floor above is the same, but this is where the main amenities are, so it gets a bit cramped as eveyone gathers by the lifts. As everyone mentions, there are only three lifts serving 43 floors, each operated at all times by security guards. These guards are lovely, and are great with the kids, but not sure why there are there, they never ask to see a room key so not sure what they are 'securing'! Be prepared for a wait at the start and end of the day, but you are on holiday, it's no biggie.

Breakfast
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS BREAKFAST.... if it was anywhere else in the world! It's open long hours, is kept very well stocked, and covers hot and cold food, fresh fruit and juices, bread, cereal and a lovely omelette chef who no doubt can spin plates and juggle knives too! However, from previous visits to Dubai, breakfast is usually something out of the ordinary and so I was a little disappointed with it's, well , ordinariness.

Taxis
The hotel is a bit odd, at a guess I would say it had been built as suites/apartments, and the hotel rooms were a bit of an after thought. For that reason, the entrance is in an underground car park. The taxi drivers all seem to be used to it now, so no problems there, however there are currently road works and so it can help to point out the entrance for them among all the plastic barriers . There is no room for the taxi to turn in front of the entrance, they all have to perform a 3-point turn, and it does mean that there is not the usual stream of city taxis pulling up to the door as there are practically everywhere else in Dubai. The hotel will try to tell you that their hotel cars are 'only 5 Dirhams more expensive', that is not true. We took a hotel to the Atlantis, it was 50% more expensive than a city taxi. Dont be shy, insist on a city taxi and they will go out to the road to flag one down for you. Alternatively, walk down to the Hilton on The Walk 2 mins away, taxis queue there.

Pool
The pool again seems like an afterthought. It is situated slightly separate to the main building, on the first floor above a supermarket. There is a flight of stairs (and as far as I could see no other access for people with mobility problems), and the pool is small. And I mean small. This is a 43 floor hotel, we counted 36 sun loungers. Once side of the pool doesnt even have loungers, it has chairs and tables, people were looking very uncomfortable trying to sunbath on patio chairs. The pool is spotlessly clean, but is very shallow, the deep end is barely chest height. A life guard also distributes pool towels and helps with putting up umbrellas and selling drinks and snacks from a couple of fridges. There are not the number of pool staff you normally see in Dubai, no drinks service.The pool also goes in to shade at 3pm at this time of year, the beach is your only alternative you you are a sun worshipper. If you want a lounger, get down there by 8.30am and put towels out, I hate to do this, but you will be on the uncomfy chairs or the boiling concrete if not!

Supermarket
Located under the pool is a large and very well stocked Almaya Supermarket, it literally has everything. I fully expected a price hike given it's location, but a can of drink is 9dh, 6 pack of water 6dh, so not too bad at all for the convenience. Stock up, and store in your mini bar!

Beach
The beach is a five minute walk away, but the hotel is situated on the first floor of The Walk, so you need to negotiate your way down stairs to beach level either by the stairs or the public lifts. We stayed in the last week of May, it was 40 degrees every day, so the most gruelling part of the journey is across a roasting car park. It's worth it though, the beach is ok but the sea is hotter than the pool, heaven!
The hotel does not charge for towels for the beach, but if you are staying for several days, their 'beach package' is worth paying for. 60 Dirhams (about £11) gets you a beach bag, map and beach mat to keep and a daily towel and beach umbrella hire, plus a cold bottle of water. This one charge lasts for your entire stay, so one package was enough for the three of us for 6 days. You must obtain the cards from reception, so be prepared to go up and down a bit from reception to the beach desk.if you go when it is hot, you need that umbrella on the beach- trust me!

Fogueira Brazillian Restaurant.
It was our wedding anniversary while we were there, and we chose this restaurant on the 35th Floor of the hotel as a treat. I booked in advance, and requested outside seating on the terrace and was pleased to find that there was a nice breeze that high up. We had the corner table, overlooking the marina in one direction, and the Palm in the other. Very nice food, the package price was 260 Dirham with unlimited soft drinks or juice (an extra 100 Dirham to include alcohol). After a buffet of salad items and bread, and a bowl of appitisers including fried banana the meat that you can watch being cooked starts to arrive at your table, served on huge skewers. They will keep feeding you until you turn your card from 'give me more' to 'give me a break'. In between the meat, they serve the most delicious pineapple grilled with cinnamon, good for the digestion apparently. If you want more of anything, or if like my daughter you are a little fussy and prefer one paticular type of meat, they wre very happy to accomodate. Lovely, leisurely evening and although the wait staff often forgot to bring our drinks order, a gentle reminder solved the problem. The great deserts that everyone mentions are not on the buffet, they are charged at an extra 45 Dirhams if you have room.

I also wanted to mention the lovely staff. On our Silver Wedding Anniversay, the housekeeping staff saw our cars on display, and left a lovely hand written note in our room. Later, a cake and fruit platter arrived with a letter from Laura in Guest relations, Thank you Laura! On our last day, our flight was not until 2am, and so faced with having to check out at lunch time we went to see Amir Sidran (Front Office Manager) on reception, to ask for a late check out. This lovely man could not have been more helpful, and had no qualms about letting us stay as long as we wanted. That lovely touch effecively gave us another days holiday, when we thought we would spend hours stuck 'roomless' with all of our luggage until we left for the airport.

All in all, the staff make this hotel, and the things that need improving are mostly to do with the construction and location of the building, not something easily fixed. But, it was a good price, and certainly worth considering for its position on The Walk and proximity to the beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank moosmum

Dear guests from Kent,
hope you had a good and safe journey back home. Thank you for staying at the Ramada Plaza JBR and your comments on Tripadvisor helping other travellers to take the right decision.
In order to complete your experience and feedback I just want to add the following details. Our whole team from Housekeeping to front office, from restaurant service to maintenance and all back of the house colleagues are an asset and just wonderful - you are spot on! Laura and Amir are totally guest service focussed like the rest of our 300 team member.
We have 6 guest lifts altogether - 3 in the center of the building and 3 in the wings.
The security is for your comfort and safety and help optimizing the capacity and direct lift landing access through priority service which deuced waiting time.
The building was indeed a conversion from an Apartment tower to the 4 star Ramada Plaza - so there are a couple of points that we have to live with however the guests have reconfirmed the best value for money and service & quality as we were just named the Tripadvisor 2013 Certificate of Excellence Winner which places the Ramada Plaza JBR in the top-performing 10% of all hotels worldwide.
Thank you for your valuable comments and hope to see you back in Dubai staying with us.
Best regards from sunny Dubai

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Myself and three friends went to Dubai at the end of May for a friend’s 40th birthday. On arrival at Reception, we were greeted by the extremely welcoming, polite, helpful and charming Amir, who kindly upgraded us to a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom suite - with amazing kitchen, dining area and lounge! The space was unbelievable and the upgrade meant that the time we were at the hotel - we were not in our rooms, but able to enjoy the balcony, lounge and dining area as a group! It was just amazing!!! All of the staff (but especially Amir!) where helpful, polite and bent over backwards to accommodate us. I loved it from start to finish!

The beach is amazing and no more than a 5 minute walk!! You can hire parasols for about £12.00 for the duration of your holiday - and with the parasols, you get a beach bag, beach mat, bottle of water too!

The Walk is great - with a wide variety of cafes bars and restaurants.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely! I loved loved loved everything about this hotel, the staff and the location! Thank you for making our first trip to Dubai sooooo memorable!

I booked this holiday and got a fantastic deal through Geshan at Best At Travel! He helped us from start to finish and gave us some invaluable tips, which ultimately, saved us a lot of money! Thank you Geshan at Best at Travel!!!

Room Tip: The higher up you are prepared to go, the better the room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Denniann E

Dear guests from London,
many thanks for your review and excellent rating. We do love our guests and these ratings in return! We appreciate your feedback and praise which motivates us to continue providing caring experiences for our guests.
Thank you for that!
Best wishes - and if the summer in London is not what you expected just let us know and book a flight back to Dubai - we'll find room for you :-)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I recently stayed here with 3 friends! We were upgraded like many others to a 4 bedroom suite which was fab!

I have stayed in Dubai a few times now and the location is great but the hotel standards are not a patch on the 5 stars! The pool is very small and the hotel does not have an exclusive feel like many of the others. We chose this hotel due to the value of half board and the fact it was literally a place to shower and sleep.

As we were only in Dubai sun-wed we had many trips planned so did not spend a lot of time at the hotel anyway. We used the hotel recommended taxi service and were chauffeured round by Adeel who was always on time! Wherever we were he'd come and pick us up and return us safely to the hotel! Thank you!

I doubt I'd return out of choice mainly as I like to try different hotels but this one serves its purpose!

Ps Breakfast was amazing, dinner - well I've had much better xxx

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank sarahlou_wilson

Dear guests from UK,
thank you for staying at the Ramada Plaza JBR - the best 4 Star hotel at Jumeirah Beach and many thanks for your comments and review on Tripadvisor. The hotel has a lot to offer besides being an excellent base in the new hotspot of Dubai. Award winning Bar/Pub & three restaurants with roof top terrace, live entertainment, gym, chilled pool and only 3 minutes walk to the public beach.
Best regards, Michael Zager & team