“Close Enough to Homestyle”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #110 of 9,933 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm an expat from Alabama, so naturally steak and BBQ ribs are never going to match up to my expectations anywhere in the world, but this place comes close enough! The food is shipped from the States, but the people who manage it and prepare it are not – so you will have a few variations that lend it a different flavor. Still, the festive atmosphere and lively music make it a fun place to have a loud dinner. Don't consider this for a date night, unless you are not interested in talking lower than at a nightclub roar. Love this fairly new addition to the food scene in Dubai!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We really like it in here, priced good food is great, staff are really friendly and the atmosphere is good. Good menu choice too.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Ate here last night and despite being a chain they cook a mean steak! My girlfriend had the 6oz Dallas fillet and I had the 10oz sirloin and shrimp combo and they were both fantastic. No gristle cooked perfectly left feeling very full. We have eaten in many independent restaurants and this place puts many to shame. Only thing missing was a cold beer or wine...

1  Thank Seadan25
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The food is consistent, and the meat is good quality, especially for Dubai, where some other place can cost as 4 times as here for the same or worse quality.
The downside is that as almost every other restaurant in Dubai, it's really loud - both the music and the staff. Service can be slow also.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Easily the best meal I have had on my Asian travels. We went during Ramadan, so come sunset, there was a huge wait, but understandable if you haven't eaten all day.

They leave you a large bucket of peanuts and warm bread rolls which was nice, and our waitor was so nice and friendly, we actually left a tip! (first time in 6 weeks).

The drinks we ordered were a smoothie, which I would say is one of the best smoothies I have had, and my girlfriend ordered an lemon and lime drink, but they bought out some huge chalice like glass with easily a litre of drink inside!

We both ordered the "award winning" ribs, and my god, did they live up to their name! Out come 2 ribs that look like they had a joint of beef attached, glazed in their amazing BBQ sauce.

The prices were a bit more expensive than we are used to, but after eating it, I would have happily paid double for what I had just consumed.

I beg you to eat here if you read this!