“Not even ok”

Ranked #131 of 9,567 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: Toro Toro by famed Latin American Chef Richard Sandoval spans over two floors on the marina's edge. Poised to turn up the heat considerably in the city's already famed dining scene, it pioneers tastes from Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo and offers a multitude of Pan Latin dining experiences paired with an infinite Cachaca Bar.
Dubai
“Not even ok”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Too many people working and nobody working at the same time.
The hostess at the door were more concerned about dancing than greeting the guests.
Too many security on the bar with radios, they were looking like secret service agents.
And a lot to improve on the service side. Also the dj needs to review his setlist.

• Visited March 2012

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very Good, but...”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I took my wife on Mother's day for that special dinner. Our first visit to Toro Toro. Most of the points were good, from the reception until we got seated. Staff were very helpful in menu selection, and the food was good. Service was prompt, and attentive. Two main issues which we didn't like, the area where we were seated is very dark, we needed a small flash light to read the menu, but mainly, the darkness doesn't show the true color of the food.
Secondly, and most annoying, the sound level of music was too loud, some of the song beats were similar to what they play now in those in places where the average age does not go above 30 years, looking around us yesterday, i would say guests were in their 40s to 50s. There is some nice south American folk music which can be played, close to flamenco. On top of this, you have to add the loud voices coming from the tables nearby. We will come back, but please do something about the music.

Visited March 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“the best of the best”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

the best latin american restraunt and lovely friendly staff

• Visited January 2012
Earth City, Missouri
“Not worth it”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was looking forward to Toro Toro with all the buzz that the restaurant was creating around town. It had recently opened and as befits Dubai, people were keen to try it.
Well, I wish I didn't.
To describe the food as ordinary would be a compliment. I am not exaggerating when I say, that the steak and chicken that comes off my BBQ tastes better.
We had ordered the restaurant's signature dish, the skewer for 2 filled with pork, steak, and chicken. My wife took a bite of each and refused to eat anymore. I went 2 bites further and surrendered too.
Even more disappointing was the service. Our waiter could not care less about serving that night. He was completely switched off. Not a smile or acknowledgment. He only came to the table when I called to him and when I would ask for something, he would just bring it, and leave. Absolutely awfull.
There was a silver lining though. Before dinner, we stopped for a drink at the bar/lounge in the same building. Wow! Talk about a stunning setting for a drink. I would go back to that bar any time. But Toro Toro is just not worthy it.

• Visited February 2012
london se
“Style over substance”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Located in the Grosvenor House hotel this Latin eaterie promised more than it delivered.

If you are going to serve Latin food the staff should be Latin, if not they should at least know about the food and wines they are serving. They did not. They hadn't got a clue, nor did they seem to give a damn.

The service was bland and dull. Ceviche was ok but did not have the zing that it should. The best thing was the cheese bread. We asked for more bread. We're promised it but it never came.

Most annoying was the deliberate trick by one of the waiters who poured the wine into 2 glasses leaving none left for our guest. This was done so badly in order to force us to order another bottle which we neither wanted nor needed. A mean trick indeed and if not deliberate (although I suspect it was) utterly incompetent.

Instead of telling us what was not available on the menu they let us choose and then told us our choices were not available. Again - very poor service.

The main course meat skewer to share was plentiful but terribly bland. Unseasoned and served with no sauce or dressing. We all got bored of it pretty quickly. The yam or yucca chips were good. Crunchy and delicious.

Overall a nice room, great decor with very poor food and underwhelming bland service. I would not go back.

1 Thank bazzer_2