“fantastic Turkish food”
Review of Lalezar

Lalezar
Ranked #412 of 9,524 Restaurants in Dubai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Experience the true taste of heritage at Dubai's first Anatolian restaurant. As you enter, you can't help but marvel at the intricate interior, where every detail from the firewood furnace to the stained-glass chandelier, evokes the spirit of the majestic Ottoman Era. Equally impressive is the stunning view from the terrace, where you can gaze upon the iconic Palm Jumeirah and lanscaped gardens. An authentic culinary journey awaits as you explore an array of Turkish cuisine complemented by cellared beverages from the hills of Antalaya, traditional Samovar-brewed tea and Turkish coffee.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“fantastic Turkish food”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

One of several good dinner options in the beautiful Jumeira Zabeel Saray hotel.
We went there tonight with some visitors from abroad.
Service was impeccable, attentive, quick, without feeling intrusive.
The starter of mixed mezzeh was delicious, and more than enough for 2 persons to share.
The lamb was another highlight, mouthwatering, succulent, and spiced to perfection.
We had a bottle of Bordeaux red wine to accompany the dinner, and prices and selection of wines were a pleasant surprise, considering this being a Turkish restaurant.
Highly recommendable for couples looking for a romantic restaurant inside an opulent setting, with views over the palm.

• Visited April 2013
JZS_Management, Manager at Lalezar, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share such a complimenting review following your visit to our Lalezar Restaurant at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our restaurant on Trip Advisor.

Thank you once again for choosing to dine at Lalezar and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dirk Bansemer
Executive Assistant Manager - Food & Beverage

• Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Setting”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The restaurant is lovely inside and, if you like outdoor seating, even more so outside! We found the service to be really very good. Nothing spectacular but very friendly and attentive enough.
Unfortunately, the food was nothing to write home about.
I was so looking forward to the food as I have a few real favourites when it comes to Turkish cuisine and the main two were available and I had high expectations due to other reviews. As it turned out though, the starters were quite lovely but the mains although nice, were disappointing. Not a patch on what you'd get in Turkey. Again, I have to stress that they weren't 'bad' but not as good as the 'real' thing.

• Visited March 2013
JZS_Management, Manager at Lalezar, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in posting a review on Trip Advisor. It is always with great pleasure that we welcome our return guests.

While I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall dining experience, I certainly regret that your recent experience at Lalezar has left you feeling disappointed with the main course and I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our culinary offering.

I look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to Amala and I am certain that we will be able to redeem ourselves on the next occasion.

London
“Wonderful Turkish food”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Absolutely delicious food. Huge quantities for the starter. It is all lovely. The desserts are the best I have ever had, a meal in themselves

Visited March 2013
JZS_Management, Manager at Lalezar, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in posting a review on Trip Advisor. Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience at Lalezar.

Thank you once again for posting a review of Lalezar on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity to serve you again.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“very nice atmosphire and hospitality”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

in Dubai Palm very nice and attractive restaurant .. amazing decoration feels like ottoman palace .. the food was good .. and the desert also was very good .. check my full review with photos here in my blog http://mtgblog.net/2013/02/13/eat-out-lalezar-turkish-cusine/

• Visited February 2013
JZS_Management, Manager at Lalezar, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your visit to our Turkish restaurant Lalezar at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity to be at service again.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Wonderful 10th anniversary dinner”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Aletta and I visited Lalezar to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our first date. I chose Lalezar as it is a Turkish Restaurant and would remind us of the many wonderful evenings we spent at The Turkish Restaurant in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia where we met. Before dinner we spent around 20 minutes walking around the hotel and taking photo's, enjoying the wonderful surroundings of the hotel.

The meal was wonderful. We started off with appetizers – Aletta has a calamari salad and I had a walnut salad, both of which were large in size and well received. For her main course Aletta had the steamed seabass. Having last had an Eskender Kebab when I lived in Bahrain I had to order that. Neither of us were disappointed – the main courses were truly excellent. The wait time between the appetizers and the main course allowed us to enjoy the ambience of the outside area – not too cold for winter in Dubai.

The meal was rounded off by sharing the balaklava with milky ice-cream (as described in the menu). Having warned the hotel that this was our 10th anniversary they kindly arranged a complimentary chocolate mousse cake – a nice touch to end the meal.

What made the meal just that slightly more ‘tasty’ was that we were able to use a voucher from The Entertainer Fine Dining book – we saved AED 160, being the price of the lower priced main course. All in all a fantastic dinner – I look forward to returning in the not too distant future.

• Visited February 2013
JZS_Management, Manager at Lalezar, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for choosing to celebrate your 10th Anniversary with us above the many options available in Dubai.

Thank you for taking the time to post share such a complimenting review following your recent visit to our Lalezar Restaurant at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience and that you will definitely return to our restaurant.

Thank you once again for posting a review and for recommending Lalezar on Trip Advisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity to serve you again.