“Good Facility”

and up
Dubai City Tour And Desert Safari With BBQ
Ranked #1 of 25 Transportation in Dubai
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Presently, the Dubai Metro is operating on main Shaikh Zayed Road from the Deira to Jebel Ali. Great to use if you dont want to get bogged down in Dubai Traffic. There are strategic stops all along the way. Use the Gold Class when possible. During peak times the regular class is full

2  Thank Syed Fahim I
There are newer reviews for Dubai Metro

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have used meny metros in the world. This one would be definetely one of the best. Very modern, extremely clean and safe.
I always try to use this mean of transport wherever I travel and it is available. You can save a lot of money choosing some hotel near metro station far away from main center of Dubai and still you will have everything close because it is fast. Tickets are cheap.

2  Thank pawel_hbg
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Since my kids don't often get to ride trains, this was a real treat for them. The entire system is spotless and super easy to use. It was a fun ride back from Dubai Mall to our hotel.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Extremely clean, rather cheap for Dubai standards, and very convenient. Dubai metro covers pretty much all of the city and the main tourist sites. It's much cheaper than the taxi, so if you're staying for more than 2 days, and planning to see the city, do take a rechargeable tourists' card that you can use on both, green and red lines. You can use the same rechargeable tourist card for the buses too, so it was quite convenient, since we were travelling a lot around the city.The staff is very helpful; we always received adequate advise on tickets and directions. Few things you should be aware of, when taking the metro:
1. It's forbidden to take in food or drinks. It's also not allowed to chew gum when you're inside. You can get fined if they see you chewing, eating or drinking insider the metro station.
2. Some trains/sections are for women only. We didn't see the sign first, and when we were in, my fiancee was asked to move to another section of the train. On the doors of certain trains there are signs showing those are for women only. Even though there is no separation wall between the trains for women only and everyone else, you'll be asked to move out if you're a male travelling in the women's section. Same goes for the buses in Dubai, except that there are sections for women and families (where you can sit if you're with a partner) and for men.
3. When you enter any metro station there is a stand with maps routing all the stops. It's a free take-away, and we found it very useful when we were planning our trips.
4. If you're going to Burj Khalifa, consider that you'll need to walk around 30 minutes before you're out of the metro station to Dubai Mall.
5. Metro closes at 11 p.m.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Caught it from the airport - affordable, fast and reliable. Just was a little list when I came to my destination without my map! The service is excellent.