“Fast, clean and efficient”
Review of Dubai Metro

Dubai Metro
Ranked #1 of 28 Transportation in Dubai
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We took the Metro on 3 occasions during our day out visiting the Malls and adjacent attractions.

Because it is principally one line with a small cross line if you are not staying anywhere near it you'll need to first take a taxi to get to a station.

Once there the ticketing is easy to follow; if you are going to take more than 4 trips in a day buy a daily pass, otherwise do as we did and just buy tickets as you need them. The cheapest ride within 1 zone is AED4.

It is apparently world's largest, and busiest driverless metro system, and like much in Dubai works very efficiently.

Write a ReviewReviews (26,810)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very Very Clean and be warned...drinking and eating and chewing not allowed. You will be fined. Easy to use, get a one day pass or silver topup card, it gets over crowed, as expected in any other country. The human ouder can be over bearing. Hey have fun and take it with up and downs of a Metro journey

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The metro is excellent as it is cheap, clean and very reliable...
I don't have anything negagtive to say...

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Besides taking taxi in Dubai, I took metro quite often during my 6-day visit in Dubai. Since the hotel I stayed at was only 10 minutes walk from the metro station, it was not difficult to get to and from during the month of April when it was not too hot to me.

The metro routes are simple and easy to understand, I can say it is very straight forward, you would definitely not easy to get lost. I tried both of the routes and had made a few transfers between two lines. If you will be staying in Dubai for a few days and think you would take metro often, I would suggest you to get a NOL card, the silver one. The initial card costs AED20 and the face usable value is AED14, that means the handling charge is AED6, but still you don't have to buy tickets every time. And I was told they provided free transfer with some bus routes too, but I had not tried it when I was there. Overall, Dubai Metro is nice, clean, decent and fast except you may need to take a long walk if the place you are at is not close to the metro station. It may be difficult if you need to walk outdoor to catch a train.

2  Thank Ronbutler
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The metro service within Dubai is superb. Very time perfect and a train every 8 mins. approx. sometimes sooner. Buy the Silver NOL card for payment. DO NOT take a taxi from the Airport as the Metro goes past the airport and goes to most areas. Faster than a taxi as well and only about £1.

3  Thank Bigyinn