“Nothing special,”

Ranked #217 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Ploiesti, Romania
“Nothing special,”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The location is great, near metro station, Dubai Marina Mall and waterfront promenade.
You can have a walk all the time, but in February when the climate is perfect.
It is OK, if you are out all the day. Breakfast buffet is rather poor.
The pool is small, but clean and it is very nice view.
The beach is inaccessible due to construction in progress.
Most tourists are Russian.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 43madi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed March 18, 2013

After a two (!) hours wait around midnight in the customs queue at the airport, I was finally on the way in a comfort taxi to my hotel for this short stay...

Glad it was highway all way, and the distance around 40 km took only 25 mins, so that`s very good..;) But, the taxi driver didn`t know where the hotel was exactly, so... little bit more waiting...

But, then I arrive the hotel to excellent service, and with a room upgrade to a suite, then I was more than happy. And a cold drink in the reception in the middle of the night was also very welcoming, so THANKS..;)

Slept very well, and the bath was just perfect and needed for my body, after a hard half season work and a long travel from Tromsø, via Oslo and Copenhagen...

And then I was looking forward to a better breakfast before a day with sightseeing, but that was a HUGE DISAPPPOINTING, for a breakfast person like me... :(

How can they have all that great stuff inside a hotel, and then they have put in a breakfast room who looks really really bad!!

The furniture looks just awful and was very uncomfortable, and the buffet was ok, but could be so much much better in a fancy hotel like this.

And the service... No, like I said, this was not in the same hotel, so please upgrade it!!

And coffee... that was not a good one...

ps: Wish I could stay little longer so I could enjoy the suite, with a breakfast there..;)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank GuideGunnar
Newcastle
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a week's visit to Dubai. We arrived very early in the morning - 0245. Check in was smooth. They even brought us a glass of orange juice or water. Nice touch. We asked to be on a high floor and we were. Only 9 floors in the hotel and we were on floor 8. Room was spacious, clean and decor was calming - duck egg blue. We had a view of the marina at no extra cost too! The nightclub is on floor 2, so if you want a good nights sleep, go higher. Lots of Russians in the hotel but that was fine. Everyone very polite. We didnt eat at the hotel so can't comment on the foor. Rooftop swimming pool is good, if you can discount all the construction going on around it. There is a great deal of development going on. Marina restaurants about 25 minutes walk away which are not to be missed. Try shakespeares in the mall. excellent food, great view overlooking marina and not expensive. We felt the hotel was just a little too far to walk for the restaurants on the marina and would have liked to be a bit closer. The Marina Mall is about 10 mins walk and has a full compliment of designer shops as well as cheaper shops such as H&M! Jumeirah Beach about 10 mins walk away. However, again development is going on all along Jumeirah Walk and that means they have put boards up all along the beach front which blocks off the view. You can still get on to the beach but there are a lot of cranes making noise. Despite all the development, we loved the marina area and have fallen in love with Dubai itself. It's an exciting city. So much to do. We went to Wadi water park. Very expensive, but good fun. Taxis are cheap but we used the metro mostly. If you want to go to the Barj Kalipha, buy your tickets online, as they are a discounted price. And we recommend Arabian adventures for any trips. Very professional. You can find them on the web.

Room Tip: Avoid floor 3 which is just above the nightclub.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geordiegirlNewcastle
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Location is not great but it must be the best deal in town. Clean and spacious room. Great service. Great breakfast buffet. Ideally located close to a metro station. Next time I'm in Dubai I would not mind staying here again. Don't miss walking to the Dubai Marina for drinks or nice dinner overlooking the harbor.

Room Tip: The night club is extremely noisy, make sure you're on the 4th floor or higher...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank fdekoster
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here in October 2012 with my husband and our 17 month old daughter. We booked the hotel through Travel bag and paid only around £500 for 6 nights on a half board basis. I emailed the hotel prior to our arrival, asking if at all it would be possible to have a Marina view room on 9th floor and they very kindly gave it to us when we got there. The room was spotless and we had a great view of the Marina. The location was good as well, as it was only a 10 min walk to the beach and plenty of restaurants. If you do go to the beach, make sure you buy an umbrella as there is no shade. You can buy them in local supermarkets for around £10 and are well worth it, especially with baby.The staff were very helpful but the restaurant staff were excellent with our baby and could not do enough for her, even looking after her at times when we had our dinner, which was greatly appreciated! The pool on the roof top was big enough for cooling off. The food was ok, a lot to choose from but seemed to be a bit repetitive.
Over all very good hotel and we would stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 9th floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Radka R
Doha
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed at Marina Byblos hotel twice now, and both times I was pleased with the service and cleanliness of the hotel and facilities. This time when we arrived, they told us we had been upgraded to a suite (yay!) but the suite turned out to be located right above the nightclub, which had music pumping away until 3am (booo!). I felt we had been duped with the whole "upgrade" scam! They know that most people won't complain until the next day, so they get to pawn off the room on some unsuspecting patron for at least one night, right?

The hotel is a very interesting place with an English pub, Korean restaurant, and some other restaurants inside. I wouldn't waste my money on the hotel buffet breakfast again, as the food is mediocre and overpriced. Also, the door to the patio doesn't open easily and people are constantly spilling their food/drinks trying to carry their food and beverages back and forth. You can always have a decent breakfast at Bob's directly across the street (which I didn't realize until the last day of my second stay).

Inside the room, the interior is clean and new. The bed is very comfortable and the room we switched to was very quiet. Compared with other hotels in Dubai, this hotel is affordable and the location is not far from major attractions by taxi. we took the metro to and from the airport, which was very convenient.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor and ask specifically about noise from the other restaurants/bars.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hello
I've been here a few times for drinks,purely for football & the band who seem to have left. Decided to have dinner tonight. BIG BIG mistake. Half way through eating,I spotted green mould on my meal. Revolting to see having eaten some of this horrible food. Spoke with management regarding this (after trying to empty my stomach of rotten food), response was pretty lame. Will most definitely be advising my many circles of friends not to frequent this place. Also report gone in to UAE Food Control
Department & UAE mediai.
Highly advise against this place.
Regards

Gary

• Stayed March 2013

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels