“Nice place and good food but lacks a little atmosphere”
Review of The Ivy - CLOSED

The Ivy
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As a piece of London within Dubai, The Ivy Restaurant, bar and lounge is an elegant and relaxed international brasserie open for all day dining. Based upon it's sister restaurant The Ivy in London, the food, service and ambiance represents the same exclusive experience. It is famous for its weekend brunches (on both Friday and Saturday),live music and top-rated service. With a menu to suit all tastes and pockets, The Ivy is the perfect venue for both business and pleasure. The private dining room seats up to 20 guests. In addition to the A la Carte menu, a daily Business lunch is available Sunday to Thursday. Ivy Classics menu is available at AED 200 for three courses. Wednesday evening is Steak Night. The bar and lounge has a daily happy hour from 5pm till 8pm.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The food here is good and always served hot, choices are simple and staff are great. The place lacks some atmosphere by design but is worth trying for the food, service and live entertainment. I love the house burger and shepherds pie.

We went for brunch recently which was a lively affair however no one at our table (6) liked the taster menu. We left here hungry which should not be the case after brunch. A little thing that maybe they will fix...

Would definitely recommend a try...

Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your critique of The Ivy brunch - this form of feedback is invaluable and I take on board all of your comments.

I was sad to hear that you left hungry - our policy is one of 'guest pleasing' so had we known of your dissatisfaction at the time we would have happliy provided more food. I was pleased to hear that you, as a regular customer, enjoy the house classics on the menu - these will always feature on our table d'hote option.

I hope to welcome you back again and please let us know directly in future if there is anything we can do to improve your experience. If you would like to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to email me directly on nicola.robinson@jumeirah.com.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Friday brunch is an important part of ex-pat living in Dubai and a great way to relax with friends after a long week.

The Ivy does live upto its expectations, although on this particular occasion, staff levels did seem on the low side. Either way, the staff are excellent, smiley, chatty and very knowledgeable about the food they serve and keen to recommend the best dishes to ensure you have a good time.

A lack of outside windows means you lose time very quickly, immersed in a great atmosphere of fun loving fellow brunchers, with food and food flowing from 12 - 4. The singer rolled off all the best hits and added to the whoe occasion perfectly.

Definitely recommend this brunch if you've not already done it. If you have, I'm sure you've already planned to return.

Good job guys!

1  Thank R A
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your loyal custom and for taking the time to write your review about The Ivy brunch. I have taken on board all of your observations - this kind of feedback is really important to us all as industry professionals.

I was delighted to read that you enjoy the service style - I am very lucky to have a great team of people who really pride themselves on their product knowledge! As for the atmosphere and 'timelessness' this is a great accolade indeed.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the brunch in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

My second time here. All the staff are very pleasant. Atmosphere buzzy. It makes a nice change to be served at the table than buffet style like most brunches, gives it that more classy feel about where you are.
Also Like that there is another choice of the tasting menu which I went for, all the dishes beautifully served, food is excellent although they did miss out one of the courses! But to compensate gave us an extra dessert! I have to point that they really did need more staff as our glasses were empty for a long time despite asking the waiter. When you are spending that much money your champagne glass should never be empty!
I shall for sure go again until I've had all the dishes on the menu! Next time fish and chips!

1  Thank LadyC1961

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our Friday brunch - guest feedback of all kinds is invaluable to us in order to ensure that we are continually improving the offer.

I am glad that you enjoyed our a la carte brunch approach - also your mention of the tasting menu was greatly appreoccated. I am so sorry that one of the 8 courses was missed! This can happen from time to time on account of running two menus concurrently - it seems that you were very patient with the team and allowed them to try and make up for it come dessert. As for your Champagne glass being empty there is no excuse - and it is most certainly not our modus operandi - I will be looking into it further with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please be sure to make my acquaintance when you return.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

My second visit to the Ivy. A brunch a year or so ago - very nice. And on this occasion an evening meal with friends in the 'lounge'. Staff were welcoming and attentive and the food was good -not the best I've had in Dubai though. But only a few feet way guys were smoking large cigars at the bar - which did nothing for my appreciation of the meal, for which I was about to pay an above average amount.

Dear Mike,

Many thanks for your taking the time to write your review.

I was pleased to note that you felt the service to be attentive - it is something we work hard to achieve. I was sorry however that you were nonplus about your food and would love to know what you had, if you are so minded to email me on nicola.robinson@jumeirah.com.

As for the smoke I am sorry that you were dining in the lounge area - we always endeavour to seat our guests in accordance to their singular preference - had we been made aware on the night in question I would have made every effort to move you somewhere more agreeable. I can only imagine that we allocated you to the lounge on account of business levels?

I hope to hear from you in due course.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Wow, what a night! The atmosphere was electric, there was a swing singer & an operatic singer, who were singing duets. It was fantastic, the only downside is they are placed where not everyone can see them. The food was exceptional. We had the dressed crab to start, which was the best we'd tasted, then we all had fish, the tuna, the plaice & seabass, all dishes were delicious, my mouth is watering now! The manageress Niki Robinson does a brilliant job of making sure everyone is happy, she is very attentive & bubbly & obviously loves her job. Her attitude is very infectious, hence the brilliant atmosphere at this great restaurant.

1  Thank Nicola T

Dearest Nic,

May I start by thanking you and your lovely family for giving The Ivy a second chance - we obviously did not get off on the right start during your first visit, so it is nothing short of a delightful turnaround - the kind that makes working in hospitality one of the most fulfilling of professions.

I was pleased to her that you enjoyed our new 'act' on a Thursday night - it ceratinly did make for an electric atmosphere. In terms of seating please do let mw know personally where you would prefer to be on your next visit so that you might be afforded an uninterrupted view of the performance.

Your comments about the food were very kind and I have already shared them with chef who was delighted.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant very soon and will let you know about the upcoming special events (musical theatre nights) as discussed.

Niki